Accepted Zodspeed's Staff Application (Ibarraz)

Oct 26, 2015
North Las Vegas, Nevada
1) What is your Minecraft username?: Zodspeed - here were some of my other ones: https://namemc.com/profile/Zodspeed/eb72

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?: I am 14 and my timezone is Pacific Time (GMT-7)

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?: I've been here for a really long time. Like 3 or so years since February of 2013. I have proof but I can only email the screenshot because it is to large to upload here for some reason.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?: I've helped very many people by helping them with plenty of commands, showing them how to do certain things, helping them build things, and editing the wiki. I've been helping all these people for years with all of the older servers and even the new Skyblock server. I've been great at assisting fresh players who just recently join Ruinscraft because I've seen so many new people make those silly noob mistakes. Since I've gone into wiki editing, I've really started to understand how the every single command works, and I don't hesitate to enlighten someone with that sort of information in-game when asked.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?: There are so many ways that I would improve upon the already decent state of the server. Here is an idea I created while ago, and keep in mind it is quite long so you don't have to read it.

1. Supply drop are of serious demand throughout many games -

Now, here’s the deal. Have you ever played any recent Call of Duty games lately? Well you may have noticed a certain supply drop system springing up with the newest releases. Ever since the supply drop system was released, the rate at which the Call of Duty game developers Treyarch, Sledgehammer Games, Infinty Ward, and Activision have been gaining money has increased by an extremely large amount. I have took into account that dukesmart, and royalking, have been very busy with legitimate things aside form Minecraft. However, if we add the same type of system to Ruinscraft, the server's profit would gain exponentially.

You see, now that KitPvP is officially being brought back, the supply drop system can be put into full effect. It's a very psychological system that gains lots of money. The thing is, how do you work it? Well it is somewhat ingenuous.

First of all, you already know that the better things you have in KitPvP, the more successful you usually are. Using these supply drops (you can call them whatever you want as a final product), you get a load of items. Right now it might not sound very convincing. Well that’s where we get in to the stuff that might be a little confusing to read. All those items you obtain are very basic and don’t have much value, so this is why you have to add items that bring attention and make people want them. Basically here’s an example of what a player might get in a regular old supply drop: 3 basic items, 2 rare items, and 1 legendary item. However, you have to keep the "legendary" items very rare obviously. These are the items that a basic player wants for themselves the most, and doesn’t want anyone else to get. These items are so rare that only about 15% - 25% of players on the server might get them depending on how much they play. Now the rare items are the ones you have to be the most careful with. These items can’t be seen as too basic or too rare. These are the items that players realize are less rare than legendaries, but still have a strong interest in them. Now I will give some examples of what these items might happen to be.

Example:

Basic Items: Diamond Items, Double Enchanted Iron Items, Non-Lethal Potions, Enchant Bottles, etc.

Rare Items: Double Enchanted Diamond Items, Triple/Quadruple Enchanted Iron Items, Lethal Potions, God Apples, etc.

Very Rare/Legendary Items: Triple/Quadruple Enchanted Diamond Items, Extremely Enchanted Iron Items, Super God Apples, really anything that the Minecraft community would consider ”OP”.

Those are basically what you should add into to each drop. However, do not add protection on any of the armor enchantments if you can, because we don’t want the super powerful things being used to often. I also suggest adding names to all of the legendary items because it adds a certain sense that will appeal to players. It would also be good if you added a different legendary item each week, and only have about 3 that you are able to obtain during that week (every player can obtain them, so don't think only 3 items can be given out. Each item can be obtained by every player). You should also keep rotating the legendary items. Say a player wants a certain diamond item that is in the supply drop, well then if they don’t try to obtain it during that week, it will leave them until it makes another return.

The best way to work this out without community outrage is by also giving the players who cannot afford many things a chance. You should have a certain currency that you can earn to buy all of these drops, and by making it pretty hard to earn will influence more playing time. And not only will it do that, but since humans are super lazy as it is, the easier option is to buy supply drops. Also, for people who want to purchase the drops with actual money, I suggest keeping them in supply drop “bundles” so the prices are more appropriate. I will show an example and use the once obtainable “rubies” as a mock currency.

Example:

Amount of Rubies to Purchase a Basic Supply Drop: 20

Amount of Rubies to Purchase a Rare Supply Drop: 35

Amount of Money to Purchase a Bundle of 5 Basic Supply Drops: $10

Amount of Money to Purchase a Bundle of 5 Rare Supply Drops: $20 or so

I was also thinking that for each player you kill in KitPvP, you should be rewarded with a ruby (still mock currency). Also, you should have at least one guaranteed rare item in the Rare Supply Drop, and along with that give the player a better chance of getting a Legendary item.

As I have stated before, the more players see it as harder to obtain the drops with rubies, the more they will want to purchase one of the supply drop bundles from the website. This isn't a bad thing because it is not FORCING people to buy them, it's just giving them a different option. I also believe that giving each VIP rank a certain bonus each week that adds on to their rubies in the beginning, will sway players to purchase the VIP ranks. I also strongly suggest advertising through the automated Ruinscraft messages that come and go now and then. On KitPvP you are going to want to mainly use them for advertising the supply drops and sending links on where to buy the bundles. Also each week inform the community of which items are in the supply drops at the time. Lots of new players who haven’t played it before are going to want to try out KitPvP, and it will also bring in older users who used to play it. They will be introduced with the new supply drop system and will eventually adapt to it, and hopefully, ultimately, love it :)

2. Everyone loves VIP -

This next idea is to advertise the new ranks, and just all ranks in general more. It's pretty simple and it has self-explanatory results. However, I will explain my reasoning.

Ever since I got my VIP 1 on this server a few years ago, I loved it. I truly thought I became just a bit more amazing on the server, and I want everyone else to feel that way as well.

The amount of better opportunities the VIP ranks grant you are outstanding. I know everyone will love them just as I did, no matter what rank you decide to buy first. Advertising the VIP ranks and other purchases around the server will produce more positive productivity in the financial part of the server itself. Even creating a YouTube video and posting it on the forums could increase the amount of people willing to buy these ranks. There's no doubt in my mind someone will be disappointed in this, let alone not want this to happen. I wholeheartedly believe that this definitely should be added. There's no way that some insane negative effect could come from this. However, it is just an idea, and it's very possible that you could prove me wrong.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?: Not as any superior staff, I was just a builder on their server.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?: I believe you should choose me over anyone else because I have lots of seniority on this server. I know very much about it and have seen it grow over the years. I have amazing ideas for the future of Ruinscraft and intend to only do my best or a at least what is expected by the staff team. I am very experienced and will be very loyal to the staff team. I will definitely take my position seriously, but also be positive in the midst. You can count on me to make a great addition to the staff team, I promise. Please give me a chance and I will prove myself.

Thank you for taking the time to read, or skim, or do whatever you did to this application. I will accept any feedback, even if it is on the negative side. I hope this wasn't too unnecessarily long, it was hard to fit everything in.

Last edited:
Reactions: sfue and XigolIsGod
Oct 22, 2016
A Strange place
1) What is your Minecraft username?: Zodspeed - here were some of my other ones: https://namemc.com/profile/Zodspeed/eb72

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?: I am 14 and my timezone is Pacific Time (GMT-7)

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?: I've been here for a really long time like late 2012 or early 2013.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?: I've helped very many people by helping them with plenty of commands, showing them how to do certain things, helping them build things, and editing the wiki. I've been helping all these people for years with all of the older servers and even the new Skyblock server. I've been great at assisting fresh players who just recently join Ruinscraft because I've seen so many new people make those silly noob mistakes. Since I've gone into wiki editing, I've really started to understand how the every single command works, and I don't hesitate to enlighten someone with that sort of information in-game when asked.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?: There are so many ways that I would improve upon the already decent state of the server. Here is an idea I created while ago, and keep in mind it is quite long so you don't have to read it.

Supply drop are of serious demand throughout many games -

Now, here’s the deal. Have you ever played any recent Call of Duty games lately? Well you may have noticed a certain supply drop system springing up with the newest releases. Ever since the supply drop system was released, the rate at which the Call of Duty game developers Treyarch, Sledgehammer Games, Infinty Ward, and Activision have been gaining money has increased by an extremely large amount. I have took into account that dukesmart, and royalking, have been very busy with legitimate things aside form Minecraft. However, if we add the same type of system to Ruinscraft, the server's profit would gain exponentially.

You see, now that KitPvP is officially being brought back, the supply drop system can be put into full effect. It's a very psychological system that gains lots of money. The thing is, how do you work it? Well it is somewhat ingenuous.

First of all, you already know that the better things you have in KitPvP, the more successful you usually are. Using these supply drops (you can call them whatever you want as a final product), you get a load of items. Right now it might not sound very convincing. Well that’s where we get in to the stuff that might be a little confusing to read. All those items you obtain are very basic and don’t have much value, so this is why you have to add items that bring attention and make people want them. Basically here’s an example of what a player might get in a regular old supply drop: 3 basic items, 2 rare items, and 1 legendary item. However, you have to keep the "legendary" items very rare obviously. These are the items that a basic player wants for themselves the most, and doesn’t want anyone else to get. These items are so rare that only about 15% - 25% of players on the server might get them depending on how much they play. Now the rare items are the ones you have to be the most careful with. These items can’t be seen as too basic or too rare. These are the items that players realize are less rare than legendaries, but still have a strong interest in them. Now I will give some examples of what these items might happen to be.

Example:

Basic Items: Diamond Items, Double Enchanted Iron Items, Non-Lethal Potions, Enchant Bottles, etc.

Rare Items: Double Enchanted Diamond Items, Triple/Quadruple Enchanted Iron Items, Lethal Potions, God Apples, etc.

Very Rare/Legendary Items: Triple/Quadruple Enchanted Diamond Items, Extremely Enchanted Iron Items, Super God Apples, really anything that the Minecraft community would consider ”OP”.

Those are basically what you should add into to each drop. However, do not add protection on any of the armor enchantments if you can, because we don’t want the super powerful things being used to often. I also suggest adding names to all of the legendary items because it adds a certain sense that will appeal to players. It would also be good if you added a different legendary item each week, and only have about 3 that you are able to obtain during that week (every player can obtain them, so don't think only 3 items can be given out. Each item can be obtained by every player). You should also keep rotating the legendary items. Say a player wants a certain diamond item that is in the supply drop, well then if they don’t try to obtain it during that week, it will leave them until it makes another return.

The best way to work this out without community outrage is by also giving the players who cannot afford many things a chance. You should have a certain currency that you can earn to buy all of these drops, and by making it pretty hard to earn will influence more playing time. And not only will it do that, but since humans are super lazy as it is, the easier option is to buy supply drops. Also, for people who want to purchase the drops with actual money, I suggest keeping them in supply drop “bundles” so the prices are more appropriate. I will show an example and use the once obtainable “rubies” as a mock currency.

Example:

I was also thinking that for each player you kill in KitPvP, you should be rewarded with a ruby (still mock currency). Also, you should have at least one guaranteed rare item in the Rare Supply Drop, and along with that give the player a better chance of getting a Legendary item.

As I have stated before, the more players see it as harder to obtain the drops with rubies, the more they will want to purchase one of the supply drop bundles from the website. This isn't a bad thing because it is not FORCING people to buy them, it's just giving them a different option. I also believe that giving each VIP rank a certain bonus each week that adds on to their rubies in the beginning, will sway players to purchase the VIP ranks. I also strongly suggest advertising through the automated Ruinscraft messages that come and go now and then. On KitPvP you are going to want to mainly use them for advertising the supply drops and sending links on where to buy the bundles. Also each week inform the community of which items are in the supply drops at the time. Lots of new players who haven’t played it before are going to want to try out KitPvP, and it will also bring in older users who used to play it. They will be introduced with the new supply drop system and will eventually adapt to it, and hopefully, ultimately, love it :)

This next idea is to advertise the new ranks, and just all ranks in general more. It's pretty simple and it has self-explanatory results.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?: Not as any superior staff, I was just a builder on their server.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?: I believe you should choose me over anyone else because I have lots of seniority on this server. I know very much about it and have seen it grow over the years. I have amazing ideas for the future of Ruinscraft and intend to only do my best or a at least what is expected by the staff team. I am very experienced and will be very loyal to the staff team. I will definitely take my position seriously, but also be positive in the midst. You can count on me to make a great addition to the staff team, I promise. Please give me a chance and I will prove myself.

Thank you for taking the time to read, or skim, or do whatever you did to this application. I will accept any feedback, even if it is on the negative side. I hope this wasn't too unnecessarily long, it was hard to fit everything in.
If you are a wiki editor why didn't duke just make you staff? anyway good luck!

Reactions: Zodspeed
Oct 26, 2015
North Las Vegas, Nevada
If you are a wiki editor why didn't duke just make you staff? anyway good luck!
Thanks! And Duke didn't make me staff because the Wiki Editor title is just a "cosmetic" rank, and it doesn't really usher someone to become a staff member. It's just like the Builder rank where you are able to offer your assistance to the server in ways a regular member can not. However, these types of ranks don't add you onto the staff team. They only put a banner on your profile on the forums.

Therefore, I've been trying to prove to the staff team that I have what it takes to join them.

Last edited:
Reactions: sfue
Jan 15, 2017
null

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?: I've been here for a really long time. Almost 4 years since February 17, 2013. I have proof but I can only email the screenshot because it is to large to upload here for some reason.

Example:

Example:

2. Everyone loves VIP -

This next idea is to advertise the new ranks, and just all ranks in general more. It's pretty simple and it has self-explanatory results. However, I will explain my reasoning.

Ever since I got my VIP 1 on this server a few years ago, I loved it. I truly thought I became just a bit more amazing on the server, and I want everyone else to feel that way as well.

The amount of better opportunities the VIP ranks grant you are outstanding. I know everyone will love them just as I did, no matter what rank you decide to buy first. Advertising the VIP ranks and other purchases around the server will produce more positive productivity in the financial part of the server itself. Even creating a YouTube video and posting it on the forums could increase the amount of people willing to buy these ranks. There's no doubt in my mind someone will be disappointed in this, let alone not want this to happen. I wholeheartedly believe that this definitely should be added. There's no way that some insane negative effect could come from this. However, it is just an idea, and it's very possible that you could prove me wrong.

This is one of the best applications I've read. It's very detailed and it's easy to see how much effort you put into this application. If this doesn't get accepted, then I don't know what will. Great application, and good luck!

Dec 23, 2016
Somewhere..
Thank you so much! I'm glad you noticed, and I really hope I do get accepted. :)

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?: I've been here for a really long time. Almost 4 years since February 17, 2013. I have proof but I can only email the screenshot because it is to large to upload here for some reason.

Example:

Example:

2. Everyone loves VIP -

Very detailed, good luck, I bet you're going to reach your goal!!