Rejected Zak_sm's Application for the Service of the Moderation Team

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Logawinner, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Logawinner

Logawinner New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Zak_sm's Application for the Service of the Moderation Team
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

My username that I use on Minecraft currently is Zak_sm. I have used the accounts Amundii, and SlyFoxJr7. And I have not made any plans to change it again, and I will likely never change it again.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am currently 14, and the timezone that I live in is GMT-5:00

3) How long have you played on our servers?
    I have played on Ruinscraft servers since at least July of 2019 (as SlyFoxJr7).

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    Town Spawn

I have helped new players learn how to town spawn in MCatlas. I helped 1 new player start a home in a town by supplying them with many pick axes.

The 1st MCatlas Anniversary Powder Hunt

I currently own the new Boulder in MCatlas and I claimed a few chunks just so the powder would show up as close. After leading a few players to the powder I put a sign up that say, "Straight ahead over 100 blocks," in order to help players without me needing to lead them.

Inviting new players

I invited a few players that wanted a place on the server for a home, and a few of those players have joined.

New Town Donation
    A few players decided to make a town called Antiboulder and started building a wall and trench around Boulder (that is Griefing but I will let them go about there business). They explained they would stop the war if each of them were given 100 gold ingots. The creator of Antiboulder then explained that they wanted the gold to start a town, so I gave him extra gold (about 300 gold ingots after the original 100 gold ingots). Then I explained that they should have explained that before all of that.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    Discipline
    A moderator's job is to discipline the trolls and warn the players that make mistakes. With the fact that one troll can temporarily make most of the server trolls, I understand who to discipline and who to warn.

Improving upon ideas

I could also add input to the idea of other staff to help their idea go forward. By previously being a moderator in a Democratic-style Discord, I have the experience of non-staff having input. With that experience, I could help ideas like war actually make progress. For example, if we added war, it could not take down nations, and we would need to add treaties.

Making my own ideas

I can also add my own ideas to the server. Which I will now include. A plugin could be added to make gold blocks randomly spawn in rivers, because gold can be found in the bottom of rivers in real life. A command could be added to allow players to set a place to teleport to. I seen in another server where they had that ability, and I was able to get around the server much easy. I found a town that I had to go across the ocean or the entire country to get to the town. The area around the town had good gold but it was very difficult to reach. If a command were added to teleport to places by setting places as teleport locations, with a limit, everyone would have less trouble with getting around to places like that.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    No, but I was a moderator on a Discord server, and while I was a moderator on that Discord server I built a friendship with the people in that server, creating a peaceful server balance. The moment I was conned out of a staff spot in that server, it descended into chaos and discord.

Also, on that same Discord server I added cool icons and chats that made the server more fun. The spam-chat was actually my invention and I am happy to see that it has spread through Discord since then. The idea of the spam-chat was to help people get there energy down so they didn't do it in a place that would force disciplinary action.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    Knowledge from experience

the I have the knowledge obtained from experience needed to help a server not only stay peaceful, but also get more peaceful and more fun. The moment I was removed from moderating the Discord it also immediately became more boring. And while I was a moderator I had started a process of voting for new moderators. When I was removed the process was reverted back to the old, tyrant creating system. I remember the first time that I was a moderator in something that was not my own, I was very reckless and was hoasted from moderator in about a month, the last time I was a moderator though, I was careful to use the proper discipline needed to created stability in servers, and on channels. If you were to choose just any random player for staff, the servers would fall into chaos from inexperience and recklessness. If I were to run staff applications, I would run them to see if I could trust people or not, and after explaining all of this, I think you can trust me.

Failure that will lead to success

Other, inexperienced players do not have experience with the hardships of becoming a good staff member, yet still being removed. I do not take chances like that for grant and I do not abuse my my power. Other players would abuse their power as moderator having not had experience with this. If I were need removed from moderator from the Discord server, the server would have been okay. If I were never a moderator in the Discord server, spam-chats would not exist. Most players do not actually have a history of revolutionizing something, but I do. as for the role of the Moderation team, I know I am more ready than most players are. And if I were accepted, you know I would fit in and not take the opportunity for granted, being trusted in the role.

#1 Logawinner, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  2. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    It is possible that your data got deleted, but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh upload_2020-7-3_18-31-27.png
    or you found plots first but if not then bruh.
    Also, #5 is used for ideas on the server. This can include things like events, commands, and plugins that should be added.
    Also, on #7, I would suggest talking about why you're better in more ways that just saying (this is a very tl;dr version) "I moderated a discord, made friends, and when I resigned it turned awful, so that must mean I am the best person for you to chose because I am friendly". Go into depth about what you would do, how you would handle situations, and answer questions that you might ask yourself whilst writing.
    If you want more detail just let me know, I'll be glad to help
    or just wait for whitetiger131 to come along lol
    Update nether

3. Logawinner

Logawinner New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I meant them as different accounts.

4. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    What account?
    Might as well be Helper on your main then your alt

5. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,109
    Zak_sm,

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately, we have decided to reject your application. Feel free to reapply in two weeks!

6. Logawinner

Logawinner New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It wasn't done...

7. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +975
    Then why did you post it?

8. parrot_bartender

parrot_bartender Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +893
    dont post it if you arent finished then?

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.