Rejected WizardBard Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by WizardBard, Oct 21, 2020.

1. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +206
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

My IGN is WizardBard and I have not changed it in the past.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

My age is 16, almost 17, and im in GMT -5:00 (Eastern Standard Time)

3) How long have you played on our servers?

I have played mcatlas for about 6 months and I have been playing most of that time with small breaks in September and October. Mainly on MCAtlas but I have played a while on MCPlots too.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

One way I have helped is simply getting people used to the game, if they join my town I usually welcome them to the server and teach them what they need to know as well as provide them with items they can use to get started with.

Another way I have helped people is reminding people of commands, if someone asks something in the chat, I am more than happy to answer it correctly, in addition to this I have seen many players in need saying they cant find gold at where they are mining, in this situation I usually point them in the right direction by telling them gold deposits are similar to real life locations, its something simple but it sure can save them a bunch of time.

Another thing is teaching them about the Mcmmo plugin which is something a lot of players are not aware of how it works and often wonder why they get items such as glowstone from dirt, by educating them in how to grind things it encourages them to have another goal on the server and find it more enjoyable.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

The first way I would improve the server is push for a starter book which contains all the information a player needs without having them go to the wiki page which some players simply dont enjoy reading, the reason a book would be more efficient is because its fast and would instantly introduce the player to the server and how they can play it, I have mentioned this idea in the past, and im sure its not too hard to make it a reality as it would save time of experienced players telling them how to play, it would also be great if the book was in a few popular languages as the server is not all fluent in English.

This next idea is for both MCPlots and MCAtlas, it would be the ability to flip Iron Trapdoors without needing redstone to do so, I know a few people might think its a pointless thing to add however as someone who builds a lot on both Plots and MCAtlas its a great feature that would open up many options for building, especially if they build in a more modern architecture. And once again it is a small feature but it can be used in many different ways and lets a players creativity explore his building abilities a lot more.

Another thing I would love to see added to MCAtlas is the ability for everyone to use /inspect, the reason for this is because if I see a minor grief for example in my town, I do not like to waste the Admins/Mods time over something so little, It would be great if I just knew who did it fast and efficiently, now this could be used to report people similar to how Plots has it or to check a few things around town, I have seen this around on a few servers and it works just fine, as long as the inspect tool is not something like a bedrock, im sure this idea would decrease the amount of things staff have to deal with on a daily basis. If this is impossible or too risky to do for every player atleast give this ability to Helpers just so more people can find out grief information quicker and potentially foward evidence to moderators or admins via Discord.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I do have a fair amount of experience on a few smaller servers with small daily playercounts, its nothing huge however throughout that time I educated myself on the skills a staff member needs, it often requires patience and it is something I can deal with, I also know that from this that im a fast learner and can adjust my skill of commands in different situations.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

The first reason I think I should be staff is because of my playtime on the server, I know the community very well over my 6 months of playing and have had a good contribution with hosting a few game events for people to enjoy, they usually go well and it consolidates that I am a person who has good organisation skills when it comes to dealing with events.
    Another thing is my ability to teach, In my towns of Stalone and Nova_Britannia, I have recruited dozens of people to the town since my time starting, each player who joins gets introduced to how they can play the server in good depth, commands, tips that saves a lot of time and many other things. In my time recruiting I have had tons of experience with many players from various ages and languages, I know how to deal with younger players who often struggle with commands and often need more support than the average player, I do this job quite well in my town and I am sure I can transfer this to the role of a Helper.

In addition to the question I am also in North America, and its also the area which lacks in staff, for example when the bot attacks happened it took a long time for staff to respond as it was still very early for European staff. Furthermore I am also proficient in 2 languages, Spanish and English. I am good with communicating with people and im sure that regardless of language I could find a way around it to help the person in need.
    In my time playing I have also got to learn that there is a lot of toxicity at times and often players unhappy with one another which causes arguments and drama in chat, as a helper I would detect these kind of situations and attempt to solve what is between them even it involves a large amount of my time and effort to do so, many players get into arguments at times and with good moderation I think I could decrease the frequency of it happening.
    As a final say, im an extremely dedicated player, my playtime and activity would surely benefit the community as when needed Im always willing to improve and learn new things to progress my ability in helping players of MCAtlas and MCPlots.

Let me know what you think of my application and me as a player, im always up for improving :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. xMoon_ii

xMoon_ii New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    am i the only one that's never seen this dude on atlas or plots before?

3. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +374
    he used to be really active during the summer time

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. xMoon_ii

xMoon_ii New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    smh mk

5. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +206
    I was more active during the summer time, and if you want to learn more about me just ask people who the second most based person on the server is

6. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +206
    Sorry my account was hacked I didn’t mean this

7. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Member

Ratings:
    +258
    I think you would make a great member of staff.
    I like your ideas and I note that you are interested in dealing with the toxicity on the server which would help us all.
    You are a good writer, so could help a lot in the server documentation.
    During our case you showed us more understanding than anyone else. You understood our situation enough to make that alt account which meant you could see things from our perspective. I never knew if you were trying to troll us in the end or not but you certainly could understand our situation.
    Having that ability of understanding situations is your biggest asset that would help the server.

8. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +642
    im not qualified to review this im like 5 years younger than you lmao

Format
    There's a few little errors, like "im" and "Im" but that's honestly okay. "organisation" is another example, but I don't feel these little things are important here.
    I don't really know what to advise on
    You've been one of my idols since I started actually doing things on this server. I know this water is a bit too deep for me right now, I may mass dm you my review in like 2 months when I develop bigger brain :cool:

ayo, iecl out

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Wait what the hell this is kami's application

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. _69420_

_69420_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    r/woooosh

11. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +70
    r/BannedAndAngry

12. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +1,272
    Wizardbard,

Thank you for applying. We regret to inform you that we are going to reject this application. You may reapply in two weeks.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. LForLeeeeeeX

LForLeeeeeeX New Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I would like to say that you would have made a good staff member. You understood the dogbat situation where many just couldn't.
    What probably spoiled it for you was making a fake account in order to troll/catch dogbat. This simply would not be good server practice.

14. _boat_man

_boat_man Member

Ratings:
    +103
    ok dogbat idiot

15. Malyesa

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +133
    I mean his advice ain't all that wrong in the end

16. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +374
    people do not get picked for staff based on how they treat the dogbat situation, its much more than that. also how could you people not see this is a joke application lol he doesnt play the server actively

17. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +406
    i been banned since may and ive seen him

18. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +206
    WHY TELL ME WHY CHICKEN [email protected]{"AD<G Srj

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.