Rejected Windows_virus's staff application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by jobelspice, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobelspice

jobelspice New Member

Ratings:
    +70
    1) What is your minecraft username?
    As of this staff application, my current minecraft username is windows_virus. You can find my other usernames at: https://namemc.com/profile/windows_virus.2

2) What is your age and timezone?
    I am fifteen years old and my timezone is GMT (London Time).

3) How long have you played here on ruinscraft?
    I have played on ruinscraft for over four years since mid-July 2015.

4) In what ways have you helped people on this server?
    Over the years, I have helped various people with their problems regarding commands and I have quickly responded to them with an answer whether it be making use of Ruinscraft's many tools (The Ruinscraft Wiki or MCAtlas Wiki) or by formulating an answer of my own if there isn't enough information on the matter present elsewhere. Not only that, I have made a series of tutorials which teach players how to use a diverse range of tools which they can use to for example, import a custom item into ruinscraft. Moreover, I have started making plot reviews so that plots which I find interesting or fun are more easily noticeable and get more attention. Furthermore, whenever I wasn't toxic or immature in game I have tried to be a good player who gives help to players with commands, building assistance or just talking to them if they need any advice. In addition, recently I have became a wiki editor for MCAtlas where I have been making new articles and updating old articles, this has furthered my involvement in the Ruinscraft Community.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    I would continue to provide assistance to those who need it and I would do this quickly and precisely so the player on the other side can focus on enjoying their time on Ruinscraft, just like I did when I first started playing Ruinscraft (I still do enjoy my time here, don't worry).
    I would continue to contribute many ideas to Ruinscraft and in addition, attempt to provide Admins a way on how to implement those ideas and if I could & knew how, I would implement several features which I believe would be nice additions to the multitude of amazing features that Ruinscraft already has:

For example, I would add a custom item editor to plots which would assign a custom nbt tag to items which Panilla (the illegal item detection system) would not detect and delete. Players would be able to assign custom enchants, names, lore, attributes and more to items. However, there would be an issue with certain items, for example, players would be able to assign a speed attribute to items and this would make /speed an obsolete feature to vips. Players would also be able to make custom speed potions. So to tackle this, certain features of the item editor would be locked to certain vip tiers, adding an even greater incentive to become a vip. Here's how I envision the tiers should work:
    Member: A member would not be able to use the item editor.
    • VIP 3: A Tier 3 VIP would be able to use the item editor to create items with custom names.
    • VIP 4: A Tier 4 VIP would be able to do the same as Tier 3 + create items with lore & make an item unbreakable.
    • VIP 5: A Tier 5 VIP would be able to do the same as Tier 4 + create enchanted items with illegitimate enchanting levels e.g. Sharpness 10 swords & VIP 5 would be able to hide the enchantments with a nbt flag.
    • VIP 6: A Tier 6 VIP would be able to do the same as Tier 5 + add a can destroy flag and can place flag for use in adventure maps on Plots. In addition VIP 6 would be able to make custom potions with custom potion effects & be able to toggle the visibility of the effects with a flag.
    • VIP 7: A Tier 7 VIP would be able to do the same as Tier 6 + be able to create custom spawn eggs which spawn certain entities, for example a zombie, these entities would be able to move within the boundaries of the plots if the player chooses for it to move, but once it moves out of the plot, it disappears, each plot would have a limit of 5 mobs and only VIP 7+ would be able to spawn them.
    • VIP 8: A Tier 8 VIP would be able to do the same as Tier 7 + be able to have more mobs in the plot with a total of 10 mobs in the plot. VIP 8 would be able to create custom spawners which spawn mobs until the limit is reached.

Another feature that I would add is a custom sound speaker which would be a block which VIPs starting from Tier 1 would be able to get. Although this is similar to powders, it is different and could be used in conjunction with them. For example, if a player is within a certain radius of the speaker, a chosen sound or powder would play, if unlocked. So if a player has a powder unlocked they would be able to play the powder in a speaker. What about the other sounds I mentioned earlier? These sounds could be ranging from certain mob noises to cave sounds, these would be able to add atmosphere to player builds'.

Yet another feature that I would add is a chat cooldown (oh no), this would be added to prevent spam & chat flood & add yet another reason for players to be VIP, let me explain: There would be 10 seconds of cooldown by default. Each Tier of VIP would lower the cooldown by 1 second with VIP 8 lowering the cooldown to 2 seconds (which would barely be noticeable) and staff members having no cooldown at all.

A final feature that I would add are custom player titles which players would currently be able to buy on Plots and change how their prefix looks. These prefixes would be unlocked similarly to powders. Where as your vip tier increases you get more titles.

(Quick Note: Sorry to all you members if these features appear to be oriented towards VIPs but VIPs are literally the main reason why this server hasn't died yet.)

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    I do, but those servers were small and hosted by friends or myself. Currently, I am a wiki editor for MCAtlas, though I think this doesn't entirely count as a staff role but moreso a. I would be grateful if the Ruinscraft Staff offered me a position on their team so I could do more good for the community.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I have the capability to adapt and change to situations which makes me perfect to assume a role of a staff member as this would let me deal with any situations regarding players quickly and precisely, this would also let me see the point of view of both sides and would allow me to defuse a situation more easier. Furthermore I am capable of thinking of new and creative ideas that I think would be cool and would enhance player experience. Moreover, I have been in the ruinscraft community in a long time and many players know me which makes me an approachable person and shows that I am dedicated to the ruinscraft community.

Conclusion
    Although i've already said this in my last application, I will say it again, My history isn't the best on Ruinscraft, but I am completely willing to make any amends necessary and I would be grateful beyond belief if you made me into a helper on Ruinscraft, I would love to help this community more directly. I believe that within the past few months, I have proven that I have changed to a better person than I was previously and if you could believe me & trust me, like you had trusted me to become a wiki editor, then I will be ready to do my job.

If you need to contact me you can contact me via discord, My username and discriminator are: Axalthrotl#3388 or you can hit me up with a private conversation on these forums.

Edit: Changed my discriminator as my nitro just expired today, also as a side-note, I would like to inform the staff members that I may struggle being as active as I 'd like to be as I am going to into my final year of school and I will be revising until my hands are broken.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. windows_virus

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +748
    This looks like a great application, one of the best I have seen in a long time. I hope you get accepted!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +170
    Very Unique app, I hope you get accepted

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +116
    This is a pure work of art like this made me tear up when I saw it. BRAVOOOOOOOOOO BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU GET A STANDING OVATION AND MADE ME SPAM MY PANTS BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +386
    macintosh_virus

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +226
    this is some serious gourmet sh

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +72
    best staff app ever

8. jobelspice

jobelspice New Member

Ratings:
    +70
    thanks for the support i really hope i get it :o

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +278
    if youre not accepted it will really show the staff have no heart. so many good staff apps today!

10. Onder1488

Onder1488 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually farted

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Demadunk

Demadunk New Member

Ratings:
    +16
    trunk monkey

12. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Rejected for plagiarism.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. jobelspice

jobelspice New Member

Ratings:
    +70
    NOOOOOOO HOW?!?!?!

14. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +170
    Doesn't count, he credited windows_virus as the author of the staff application

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.