Rejected voelke unjustified ban

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by voelke, Jul 11, 2019.

1. voelke

voelke New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Reason for ban: stealing through exploit (report)

I have thoroughly read the rules of mcatlas on the ruinscraft website, and nowhere do I see any rules about stealing from chests in unclaimed towns, through exploit or not. The rules state:

1. Griefing or destroying things at the edge of a town's claim is not allowed. Mining near claims is fine.
    2. If a town/build has no claims to it and is not near a claim, you may claim/loot/destroy it (but please don't make it ugly).
    3. Griefing canals, bridges, paths, and other transportation methods in unclaimed areas is not allowed.
    4. Stealing is not allowed. Lock your chests to prevent this.

I would like to bring attention to rule #4, as it contradicts rule #2. If I have the right to loot/destroy a chest in an unclaimed town, how is it that I do not also have the right to take what I get from looting/destroying?

Although I agree that a rule against exploits should have a place in the rule set, it doesn’t as of now, therefore my ban was unjustified.

2. StupidDrew9

Administrator Developer Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +866
    [​IMG]
    Stealing would be allowed if the chest was not private. If you used an exploit to get the items out of the chest, that's breaking the rule above.

I understand where you're coming from and I guess you missed that rule -- I'm gonna leave the ban since it was only a day. Thanks for submitting a ban appeal.

3. voelke

voelke New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks for the quick reply. I am curious about this rule I somehow missed. Does this still apply to inactive players? In my situation, the player was obviously not inactive. But when does someone’s private property no longer become their private property?

4. StupidDrew9

Administrator Developer Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +866
    You're perfectly allowed to destroy/grief/loot a build if it's in an unclaimed area and not near a town; though, private chests are unlocked if the user is inactive for 2 weeks. Exploits are just meant to be reported instead of being used for stuff like this.

There is something in place that prevents the creation of locked chests when not in a claim, but not something that removes the locks if the land it's in is unclaimed -- I'll try finding a solution to this. Until then, I would just leave locked chests alone.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.