Plots VIP Perk removed

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by L_E_M, Nov 10, 2019.

1. L_E_M

L_E_M Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hello, I had a question about one of the vip perks that was removed.

Prior to the change, VIP 8 had a perk that allowed them to disable teleportation. Now everyone can.

I was wondering why this change was made? If it’s to disable tpa spam then that seems like a strange way to handle the issue. Surely a longer cool down on tpa requests could solve this.

Considering this was a perk I and some others members donated money for its a little disconcerting that now everyone has access to this, just wanted some clarification on the subject.

Thanks!

2. StupidDrew9

Administrator Developer Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +873
    It was removed because some VIPs were teleporting to people in vanish and trolling them; it was becoming a frequent issue, and new players would frequently get visited by trollers, so we decided to let members be able to disable it.

3. L_E_M

L_E_M Member

Ratings:
    +8
    It just seems like it hurts the community aspect a lot.

Everyone seems to have it disabled so you can’t really tp to random players to meet new people anymore which for me was a big draw to the server.

Not to mention it was used as a perk for donating to give those who gave to the server a little bit of exclusivity, it feels bad to just change something I paid for.

Also it was quite a high vip rank to unlock the ability to tp without request, so the list of people who could abuse and troll with it would be rather small, seems more fair to just punish the abusers with a warning and perhaps remove their access to the command if they continue to abuse rather than making such a widespread change where it didn’t seem necessary.

#3 L_E_M, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  4. StupidDrew9

Administrator Developer Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +873
    That's fair, I've removed the command from Members. Thanks for the feedback.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.