Under Review tropinka ban appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Tropinka, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Tropinka

Tropinka New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I saw a house that wasn't claimed in mcatlas and I raided it, apparently this is against the rules, which i don't understand, what is the point of a claiming system if you cannot raid and steal what's not claimed, why have a claim system in the first place? why am i wasting 100 gold to create my town and using 10 gold for each new plot I claim and paying upkeep if people cannot even raid me in the first place? I didn't use any exploits or anything fancy, he just didn't buy the land like I had to buy and mine gold for my land, it was literally free for the taking.

2. IIIBorealiaIII

IIIBorealiaIII New Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I understand your point, and I would argue the same, but it clearly states that any form of raiding and stealing is bannable. This isn't factions, so I don't see your application being accepted, but possibly reduced, trust me when I'd say I'd also argue the same points if I was banned for that. I'm stuck in the middle for this, I would reduce your ban, however not totally accept it.

3. Tropinka

Tropinka New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So.. I don't think you read, what is the point of claiming land if you cannot raid or loot at all? What is the point of claiming new land, or creating/joining a nation to get more land, why am I being charged gold for claiming land if it literally doesn't matter at all, what is the point of having an upkeep? This rule nullifies the whole point of the town mechanics, so why is it there in the first place? You could run vanilla minecraft at that point and just manually ban people if that's what you're gonna do anyways lol.

4. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +470
    He read, but his point was simply that even if it seems redundant to claim land if you can't raid houses anyways, it's still against the rules that are clearly stated and thus the ban is still applicable and fair. The main point of claim, in my opinion, is to prevent others from building houses nearby, which isn't against the rules, and also in order to limit the situations in which griefing and raiding becomes a problem. It makes life easier so that there isn't constant, un-monitored griefing and raiding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tropinka

Tropinka New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I just read the rules and it says raiding unclaimed territory is fine so goes that argument lol, and apparently there is no staff in this forum anymore? Lol

#5 Tropinka, Jul 13, 2019 at 5:21 AM
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 6:23 PM
  6. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +928
    This is odd; I'm still looking for details on the situation, but if it is as you described, you were wrongfully banned. I will look into this.

7. IIIBorealiaIII

IIIBorealiaIII New Member

Ratings:
    +10
    As I said, I don't think your appeal should be totally accepted, although I would like to see it be reduced. and I did read it, and what I stated is that stealing / raiding is bannable, and if it was unclaimed, someone obviously reported it and a staff found out it was you. Therefore, if the staff looked into the details and you admitted raiding, I think your appeal shouldn't be totally accepted. I think of that rule as redundant, trust me. However, it is a rule and you can't just start an uprising against it. And even if you found in the rules that its fine, thats great for you, but then that goes into wheres the evidence etc etc, and thats another thing I don't want to get into, in conclusion, I think you should be reduced and not totally accepted.

8. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +470
    My mistake then. But that last point is unnecessary, and it sure doesn't give you sympathy.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.