Rejected Trippayy's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Trippayy, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Trippayy

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +782
    Minecraft Username
    My Minecraft username is Trippayy. My previous usernames can be found here.

Age and Timezone
    I am 19 years old, and my timezone is GMT -5:00.

How long I have been on Ruinscraft
    I have been playing on Ruinscraft since 2012. I’ve been on the server for approximately 8 years, meaning I have been with the server through many of its ups and downs. I know many members of the community, both old and new, and I have a lot of knowledge on the history of the server.

How I have helped people
    Throughout my years on Ruinscraft, I have helped many people. In my early days on Ruinscraft, I mainly played on KitPvP, where I would report people for breaking the rules, tell staff about bugs & exploits, and post any ideas I had on the forums. I also helped make the Factions server during my time as staff, helping to add and configure some of the plugins for it, alongside helping come up with the ideas for VIP kits that it would have. This sparked my interest in development and allowed me to experiment with developing plugins and learning Java.

Now that KitPvP and Factions are gone I spend most of my time on Plots, helping people with commands such as World Edit or linking them to the Wiki Page to answer questions about the server. My previous experience of being a staff member helps me greatly in assisting players on the server. I also spend time on MCAtlas helping players with Towny commands and working on my town.

Different ways I would improve the server
    The first few things are pretty basic such as keeping chat clean, punishing people for breaking the rules, and fixing griefs. I’m already familiar with the punishment commands and lengths for the server, due to my previous experience here as staff.

Another way I am able to help the server is assisting with the backend of things such as coming up with ways to fix bugs, helping with web development, and even helping with plugins. I am always looking to learn more when it comes to programming, and working with people such as royalkingkb, Icedragon789, and StupidDrew9 would allow me to learn a lot as well as help the server.

One idea would be to bring back events such as holiday parkour events and build contests. A lot of people enjoyed events such as these. If it’s possible to bring them back, I would help come up with ideas on how they would run, or even create the server for the event.

Previous experience as staff
    I have had experience as a staff member on two servers as of now. I was staff on one server in 2013, performing basic moderation duties such as banning hackers, muting spammers, and etc.

I was also previously a moderator on Ruinscraft, performing roughly the same moderation duties. I banned hackers across the servers, rollbacked griefs on plots, and gave the correct punishments for various other small offenses. I handled reports and ban appeals on the website and tried to make sure they were resolved quickly. I also edited the Wiki making sure it was up to date with accurate and precise information.

Why you should choose me
    First and foremost, I have the time to be able to be a staff member. Although I am attending college, most of my time is spent on the computer and I have a lot of free time. I can check the Forums or Discord at pretty much anytime to see if there are any reports or issues that need to be dealt with. Since I was previously staff on this server, I know the responsibility and effort it takes to be a part of the staff team.

I am currently majoring in Computer Science, and this semester we are learning Java. I know most of the basics when it comes to coding Java, along with Bukkit/Spigot API. The last plugin I made was a Kits plugin, but I lost the source code for it. I also have some knowledge when it comes to how Minecraft servers run. I know how to use PuTTY and openSSH to connect to remote servers, along with being able to use screen and tmux. I also know how to use Git (bash) and GitHub when it comes to doing things such as creating my own repository and making commits as well as forking other people’s projects and making a pull request to add my updates to the master branch. I also have some knowledge of web development. I know HTML, CSS, and a little bit of JavaScript. I always want to learn more when it comes to computers because this is what I enjoy most.

This experience would be invaluable to me and I believe I would be an asset to the server if given the chance. Thank you for your consideration.

Ben (Trippayy)

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. V0RT3XT

V0RT3XT New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I honestly hope you get accepted, good luck Trippayy

• Like Like x 2
  3. silentkidx

silentkidx New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey Trippayy I read your app and i really hope you make it into the staff team.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. _Izzyy

_Izzyy Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Gl! It is a mega thicc application. I hope you get in owo <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ZavidLife

Ratings:
    +67
    We appreciate the re-apply and find the application be alright. It’s missing good detail in many questions, leaving it vague and just over explained. Thank you again and we will see you around. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Roadless

Roadless Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +90
    KEKW

• Funny Funny x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.