Rejected TotalRandomness Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by TotalRandomness, May 15, 2019 at 8:45 AM.

1. TotalRandomness

TotalRandomness New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My Minecraft username is TotalRandomness.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am 14 years old and my timezone is GMT+2.

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    I have been on the server for around 2 years.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    Firstly, I have helped new players to the server by telling them what this server exactly is, some commands, and what they can and cannot do. Also, I have tried to report every single rule breaker(when I was on the server, of course).

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    I would try to keep the chat as clean as possible, and support people when they need it.
    Also, I would add a /p undo, for when people cleared their plot but then changed their mind and wanted to have their builds back,which for me has happened many times. Another command I would add would be /p kick, so you can kick people from your plot, if you don't want to deny them or do the whole procedure of /p deny and then /p remove.
    I would also check reports both on the Discord server and the forums as frequently as I can, so any problems can be fixed as quick as possible.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    No, I do not have any experience of being a staff member, sadly.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    My record is almost completely clean(2 kicks, which aren't even visible on the ban management), and I can be on the server at European times, for more moderation. Even though I am 14, I am a pretty mature person, and believe that I can be a staff member on this server.

Thank you for reading my staff application.
    Sincerely,
    TotalRandomness

2. Edwardlazer

Edwardlazer New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hope You Get Accepted

3. lewiskinge77

lewiskinge77 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +885
    Hi TotalRandomness! I think this application is a great start; short and sweet, straight to the point and very concise, all of which are good things. However, I do think you could beef up your application in a few select places. For example, we always love to see longer responses in questions 4, 5 and 7. This is so we can get to know your character a little better; take it as your opportunity to describe a little about your unique mindset and ideas, why they are important, and how they would improve our server. Think of it almost as a persuasive essay, or a resume for a job; we really want to learn more about you and why we should hire you. Show us what you specifically can bring to the table! Other than this, you are active and responsible, which are good things we look for in applicants. Good luck on your next application!

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.