Rejected TheTrueMunchkin's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by TheTrueMunchkin, Jul 13, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +973
    Rules aren't as specific as they should be, but I don't think the punishments are biased, with admittedly some exceptions to well-liked retired staff members.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    what if I made a thread where players can share there thoughts on the server without like having to worry about staff shutting it down? I know this seems like a bad idea, but I think that rn, seeing how the community responded to this, it would be best
    if you want this uhh just agree with this post
    if not disagree

3. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +973
    I wouldn't say making an Ideas and Feedback is a bad idea, I think this application is a bad idea.

4. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +118
    Yeah it was a bit of an over exaggeration, a majority of the punishments are unbiased but imo the really harsh punishments tend to be a little biased

5. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +118
    Yeah the posting of the application wasn’t at the best of times but the #5 part of it was really important for people to see

6. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +64
    It wasn't really an application, it clearly broke the rules because it was meant to show flaws that I can see server and possible solutions for them. At the very least I could get more insight on why things are the way they are, and getting accepted for this wouldn't make sense at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    dm me pls rrrrrrrrrrr

8. windows_virus

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +748
    this application being rejected is proof that this server is a sinking ship...

I do not care that he broke procedure by not applying 2 weeks after his first application, his first application should not have been rejected in the first place. Sure it wasn't the best application (and this one is a definite improvement by a longshot) but his actions as a player more than surpass than what some members of the staff team do (notably the ones who come online once in a blue moon). Not only this, Munchkin is probably one of the few players unanimously liked by literally every single player who knows him.

He's literally thought out and written how to fix your server and you just reject him...
    Is this really what this server has gone to? Not even listening to players?

Well, I guess you don't need to listen players. The server's audience is intended to be pre-teens anyway and pre-teens could care less what you do to the server. They will just donate, realise the stupidity of this server in a few years, get banned and the cycle repeats. It's a very good business plan, i'll give you that, but you just drive away any opportunity of having a functioning and healthy server community. You just want an obedient community who will be content with whatever you do just so you can get away with not working on certain updates. Sometimes, even if you are working on a super secret project, it's best to leave it alone for a little while and focus on working on the community and making it so that the player base who can think for themselves actually feels cared about.

#28 windows_virus, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    Not saying I agree or disagree, but his first application definitely had some things that could be improved, but this one is much better. If staff were to be chosen off of how the community likes them, it wouldnt be the best, but they would gain even more positive ratings, which would make em be like the most liked player ig. Not that Im saying its a bad thing (because having likable staff is a good thing), but if they were to write an application like this one, then yea it would have probably been accepted
    Even if this was submitted 2 weeks later, I feel it would still be rejected because of #5. I know its like how would you make it better, but I dont think that like pointing out every flaw then saying "I can fix them" could work. However, I have seen this work multiple times in real life, so Im guessing that there is no difference here. Im not saying this application is bad, Im just giving my views on it. Im also pretty sure north is like taking this feedback, because everyone seems to be annoyed at how munchkin was rejected, but maybe not, who knows.
    ^^^ Id say take the advice given to fix the staff-player gap, because it is kind of large right now. There are some staff who dont have a gap, but I would say that others would have a decent gap in the community. Ignoring players is kinda b r u h because like its feedback, but then like its either put into place, thought about, or just tossed in general. I get that not everything can be added, but like seeing some small things (not only in game, but also from like the staff-player gap get smaller) would help the server a ton.

Last paragraph is kinda like iffy so Imma stay outta there, but linux, I do agree with you on some points, but I disagree on others. Hopefully this stuff is resolved, because seeing the community die out is going to really hurt Ruinscraft as a whole
    rrrrrrrrr
    update nether
    dont hate me Im just giving my honest opinions

10. jobelspice

jobelspice New Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Sorry you didn't get accepted Munckin, you're a great guy - maybe too good for Ruinscraft. Better luck next time!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +973
    royalkingkb just confirmed on another thread that the server is non-profit and hasn’t made money in ~6 months. Every dime goes back into the server, and he/the development team work on the server as a hobby.

I don’t think this application failing is proof of the server crumbling. This application is a clear dig at a lot of people, some personal, and some about the state of the server. If what I heard is true, Munchkin wrote this when he was upset, and it shows.

As for the staff apples that appear very irregularly, I agree 100%. Thankfully not all staff apples, though many, are inactive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. windows_virus

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +748
    >non-profit
    >has vip ranks that cost upwards of $80

something's wrong... i can feel it...

13. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +973
    Do you know that it costs money to run a server?

14. windows_virus

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +748
    Did you know that if the server wasn't running on a profit it wouldn't exist for as long as it has?

15. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +973
    He said they haven’t gained a profit for 6 months and technically never wrote that the server has never gained a profit. But we’ll see what his answer is to your other question, if he doesn’t just ignore it for its stupidity and lack of critical thinking.

And, surely, if the server has not gained a profit for ~6 months, they could not have been gaining terrible amounts of money if they did make some previously? What’s wring with turning up a small profit?

16. windows_virus

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +748
    Well they most definitely have surplus money if they are still running the server...
    Also can you not insult me and focus on the actual argument at hand?

Nothing wrong with turning up a small profit.
    Everything wrong with neglecting your community and their need for an update.

17. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +973
    Valid
    Neglecting seems like a stretch. The community isn’t owed an update, though I agree they have waited long enough and it has been promised. But SoonTM means nothing anymore and is a way to avoid giving a direct answer. Not saying that is a good thing. Just that there hasn’t been a promised time frame that anybody has failed to meet.

18. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +326
    I've heard that KitPVP has given ruinscraft a lot of money, maybe enough for another decade of running. Don't know if this is true, or if it helps the discussion.

19. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,104
    I’m going to lock this thread now - not because I want to shut down your feedback or censor you guys, but rather because an application is the wrong place for your opinions on the server. We have two different places on the forums that would better suit this debate: server discussion and ideas and feedback. Please feel free to create a thread there if you want to continue talking about what’s been said here.

In the end, Munchkin did technically break our rules leading to his rejection. Please also see this statement from Munchkin himself:
    Besides this, I actually had a really respectful talk with Munchkin after and we ended up understanding each other a little better after. It ended up being really positive and eye opening for both of us.

Please keep this in mind as you continue - the staff on this server are not against you. We do this as a hobby and we do not receive profit for our work. It can get a little frustrating waiting for an update but we’re doing all this because we love the community and server, not because there’s an obligation to. We’ll try to continue to be open minded to feedback and change in the coming while.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.