Rejected TheTrueMunchkin's Staff App

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by TheTrueMunchkin, Jun 27, 2020.

1. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +73
    Should talk more or U get not accepted

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Dyl_un

Dyl_un New Member

Ratings:
    +13
    You seem like a really nice guy and it seems like you're really interested in the history of the server so it would be really cool to have you as a helper or mod to learn more about the server and to add to your already expansive museum.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Collardian

Collardian Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +351
    Let's take a look-see.

Instead of just a little P.S, you can go into detail on how you worked on the MCAtlas wiki.

True words from a wise man. Brings a tear to my eye.

It's always great to have experience with different servers. Small spelling mistake on the third sentence. Instead of "how running a server" you can say "how to run a server". It's also great to have a variety of roles in servers instead of just one. You've been an administrator, moderator, and builder, which gives off a great impression on what's to come. Although saying you've been the "spooky hacker" gives off honesty, it's generally bad to say in an application that you've hacked/exploited on a server, simply because that might mean you're more likely to do it again than others.

The first sentence is comma heaven. I would tone it down a bit there. You shouldn't just "try to ask" specific people not to do anything bad while you're online, you should have a wider range. You need to tell people never to do anything that breaks the rules ever. That's a lot better than focusing on certain people, and it's a lot better than just asking. Remember, you have the authority. Instead of saying "I think I'd do my job properly", you can say "I know I will do my job properly". Something along those lines. Always be upfront and confident, but don't come across as bragging. And yes, obviously check the reports constantly as that is where most of the rule breakers are.

I'm sure your spotify playlist is very vibin'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    bruh 1 or 2 small grammar errors wont cause him the get denied

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +64
    Thanks for catching the mistakes with my writing; I was definitely getting tired by the end of it and didn't notice all of the commas I had put in.

To remove some of the mystique behind my writing, the reason I put in the spooky hacker part was because it is something I have done in the past, in the same way that I have been staff in the past. I wanted to show as much of that neutrality as I could by showing I've been on both sides.

I actually think that even if it isn't malicious, anyone who's applying for staff should at least have picked up a hack client; Using a client really teaches you what kinds of things you wanna look for to catch hackers, you learn proper terminology and it removes the "mystery" behind hacked clients.

Though yeah I totally get why saying "I've used hacks before" is a bad thing to put on a staff app.

Edit: Alright I've fixed most of the errors you've mentioned, if there's anything I ended up missing just let me know, or you can even ping me in discord

#45 TheTrueMunchkin, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +1,154
    TheTrueMunchkin,

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately, we have decided to reject your application. Feel free to reapply in two weeks!

7. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    f
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

8. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +975
    Whatttttt

F

9. Collardian

Ratings:
    +351
    exactly, this is one of the applicants who imo really deserved staff

10. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    He is definitely worthy, but there are some improvements that I know of that can be done to boost his chances.
    For example (I already told him this), being more active in chat. This isn't saying he isn't active, but the more active someone is, the better
    rrrr

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ninjacreeper14

Ninjacreeper14 New Member

Ratings:
    +44
  12. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +334
    RIP, but honestly I'd say this is a good thing. Because he got denied that means he'll work harder to improve himself and an amazing candidate will become an almost perfect one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +64
    oh well not much to be done there

14. whitetiger131

whitetiger131 Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +446
    Im sorry to hear it. Are you going to reapply?

• Like Like x 1
  15. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +73
    MIJO FOR STAFF?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +64
    Probably not. I am considering it of course. But it's just such a hastle; It took 2 weeks to reject the application and during that entire time I couldn't talk with staff about what was going on with it since that might lead to it being rejected, it just creates a lot of tiptoeing where there doesn't need to be any.

I was even joking with people in my vc's about how if it took two weeks I could have two applications going at the same time. It shouldn't take that long and I would rather have it rejected in a day than be kept waiting 2 weeks. (Like, it shouldn't take so long that I could instantly re-apply the minute after; Because I actually could, and that's ridiculous.)

Obviously there is stuff going on behind the scenes but I'm hardly aware of the process and so it makes it harder to deal with, and even more difficult to know what they are looking for.

As an example, if I play on the server, and I get the feedback to be more active in chat, should I immediately start talking more? Would they consider that an improvement? Or if I were to follow the advice would they think I'm only talking more in chat to boost my chances? There's so many things where I have to guess what I'm supposed to do.

During the course of the application I tried to do what I normally do but idk if that's what they were looking for or if they were looking for some hidden criteria and that's why I was rejected.

It's just a lot of guessing as to what they want and it's a stresser that doesn't really need to exist, at least not in my mind.

So probably not.

The only bonus is I now spend a lot more time on the forums and discord. I even changed my pfp and I'm pretty pleased with that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dyl_un

Dyl_un New Member

Ratings:
    +13
    hell yeah dude! you do you.

18. FrenchieCB

FrenchieCB Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +164
    Bruh how can you get refused when your application was like, top tier. :( I really hope your application will get accepted next time

19. Collardian

Ratings:
    +351
    You're telling me you rejected this guy?

20. dec

dec New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The thing is you said that you Helped Mostly in survival Im pretty sure By Help they meant With Builds - Commands And other stuff that's Command related ig

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.