Rejected TheTrueMunchkin's Staff App

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by TheTrueMunchkin, Jun 27, 2020.

1. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +64
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

My username is "TheTrueMunchkin" I think most people on the staff team know who I am or have at least seen me around. I don't plan on ever changing my name, but here's my NameMC just in case you need it: https://namemc.com/profile/TheTrueMunchkin.1

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I'm 17, My current timezone is MDT or GMT -6, like my name, I'm not planning on changing my timezone either.

3) How long have you played on our servers?

I joined RC November 22nd, 2019, so it has been 7 months since I joined.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

In MCatlas I've been running an archive for about the past 5 months which stores artifacts, banners, maps, and written books. The Archive works like a not-for-profit organisation, selling things at the lowest possible prices, identifying flags and items, and just helping people out I guess.

Other than the archive I also manage a graveyard which allows players who are leaving the server to have a place where they can be remembered, no matter how much of an impact they've had. (I also try to get into contact with people who've already left the server, so I have graves for people like Abraxis, who left the server long before I joined)

Recently I've also started up a discord "news hub" called The Right Ideas, which gives players a place to post, edit, and create newspapers and infographics. Through this medium, players are able to stay up-to-date on important information; The most recent example of this was when yesterday, one of the journalists on the server, discovered that the museums in Stalone and Benelux had been robbed. I was able to use my connections on both The Archive discord and The Right Ideas discord to alert as many players as possible to this threat.

Unfortunately though I have not helped many players on the other servers. I'm just not very active on MCPlots. At best I've given a few people some tips on how to use world edit commands.

P.S. I just remembered, I also work on the MCAtlas wiki, so I could help anyone with that.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

I think the best way anyone can improve the server as a staff member is to do their job properly, and to maintain as much of a non-bias as they can with players. It's important for staff to be aware that their actions have consequences, and that they must perform their job as fairly as possible.

I'd also like to see if I can help bridge the gap between player and staff. Many players see the staff as a type of omniscient vengeful entity, there's a lot of hate that is directed towards helpers especially, even when they are doing their job. I think it would be better for staff to help maintain friendly relations with the people who they may be punishing. Obviously there is no way we can rehabilitate criminals like we can in real-life, this is only a game. But we should make it clear why these punishments are being meted out, if anything I think we should discuss what people think is fair for specific crimes, by actually talking to the criminal, and letting both sides communicate their views on the issue.

I don't believe there is anything more I can say on the matter of what I can do to improve the server. Most people consider this to be a question about what things would be good to add; I think that if I am to answer this question properly, I need to tell you what I can do as a helper, I cannot just say that it would be cool to add the moon, or to add war, because I can't add either of those things, instead I can do what I have stated.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

Yeah, though most of the servers I've helped on are small, and most of them have long gone inactive.

Most notably I've been administrator on two servers (Though not administrator to the level Drew, Royal, and Ice are.)When I was an admin I learned the basics of how to run a server, how to work with configs, adding plugins, etc.

More often than not I've been a moderator, just chilling with players, banning hackers, and helping out.

In the rare cases I've been a builder, I learned some neat artsy environment skill, this helped me out later on with creating terrain on plots, and even making my graveyard on atlas look absolutely banger (though I'm completely garbage at building houses and stuff.)

I don't think that any of the stuff I've done on other servers is really crazy though. You pick up these skills when you've played as much as I have. In the same way that I've been staff on some servers, I've also been the spooky hacker, so there's really not much I can say. (though since I've been on both sides you could consider me to be the ultimate neutral paragon )

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

I'm almost always online, and respond to any discord pings as soon as I can. That means that if people have a problem they can just ask ask me; It's kinda like being an on-call doctor, I come in whenever I'm needed to fix up the issue.

I know most of the people on the server. Even then I like to think I have good relations with at least a few of the people who are repeat offenders. If anything I can try to ask them not to do bad stuff when I'm online (and I'm almost always online)

Beyond that, I'd do my job properly, though the only issue I might have is responding to the reports on the discord and forums, since I hardly check those. (It'd be a thing to work on)

Edit: I've been working on it and I now check reports almost as soon as they pop up in discord, and I check forums frequently, so that problem should be solved.

I also have a very big Spotify playlist, lots of different types of music, so if any staff are feeling the heat and wanna vibe out, I'm usually open. I won't play rap tho, rap is not vibin'​

#1 TheTrueMunchkin, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. aaquamarine

aaquamarine Member

Ratings:
    +66
    bruh

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +64
    ikr, windows told me I should apply

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    epic, I hope you get in, you'd be a great fit
    update nether

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +118
    Omg it’s the epic munchkin man, great application very epic!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +386
    Would be cool to see you more active in chat

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. FrenchieCB

FrenchieCB Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +162
    the application is extremly good, like bruh, this is some quality tier post. But yeah, you should be more active in minecraft chat, I don't usually see you talking

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +973
    activity in chat isn’t really a necessity tbh but it does signify that you are perhaps not paying close attention to chat, which is of course not a trait you want to pursue as a staff member. but tbh you have swahg so i would liek to see you becom staffe. love you munchkin see you in the morning uwu

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +973
    funy

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    alt account moment

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Captain_Wheatley

Captain_Wheatley New Member

Ratings:
    +48
    nooooo my man munchkins gonna be a staff and I'mma be loneleeee

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. FrenchieCB

FrenchieCB Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +162
    woah malyesa rated my post

13. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +64
    I do pay attention to chat, like if you ask for me I'll almost always respond, but I hold most of my conversations with /msg because sometimes people are donating rare artifacts or just don't want to be interrupted by normie chat.

14. aaquamarine

aaquamarine Member

Ratings:
    +66
    bruh

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Memtoz

Memtoz New Member

Ratings:
    +22
    *upvoted*

• Like Like x 1
  16. EATB

EATB New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  17. whitetiger131

whitetiger131 Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +443
    Good Luck! :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +327
    Good luck! I don't have any advice because I'm simply not skilled enough to fix this level of app, I may be able to give advice on who to ask to give advice, but that's really all I could be good for. :(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    can you update nether if you get in

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  20. WizardBard

WizardBard Member

Ratings:
    +102
    Good luck Munchkin, looks like a great application. I can personally say that TheTrueMunchkin has helped me identify various artifacts numerous times, at zero charge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.