Rejected The_Hover’s Staff Application #2

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by HBsavag3Hb, Oct 14, 2020.

1. HBsavag3Hb

HBsavag3Hb New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

My in-game-name is The_Hover it was previously HoverMinecraft

2) What is your age and time zone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 15 years old I live in GMT -5 (04:00)

3) How long have you played on our servers?

I have played on the servers since march 20'th I spend most of my time on McAtlas. I use mcplots to do tests for McAtlas and also because I do not have world edit so sometimes it is fun to use world edit.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

1. I help people start out and I try to improve the way people show there beliefs if they choose to do so.

2. If someone asks where a good deposit is for gold or iron i give them good answers.

3. If someone is ever stuck with a command i will point them in the right direction.

As well as recently I have tried to improve the economy because I buy and sell things a lot so I like it when the server has a good economy

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    I would be more focused on McAtlas so this is what I would do to improve it

1. I would make it more diverse in conversation and I would help people keep their cool. as well as help people if they have problems.

2. I would try to set up starter kits because I know when I first started it was really hard to grind and it still is sometimes to this day

as well as I had 3 people join my town recently and have been kinda low on recourses so I think it would be beneficial to mayors as well as residents

3. I would like to hurry up on the war command because I know as a player that it is on high demand i get asked about so many times a day as well as other players.

4. I would also like to make it possible for something like a city state mentality I think that would be really cool. Where a independent town could make allies with nations and other city states as well as if war were added they could start a war with a nation

5. As well as trying to either update to 1.14 or add some mods for some more interactive blocks similar to the ones added in 1.14.

6. I would love to have a international mailsystem I know some people have tried to start some but its really hard without people to be invested to it.

7. I think there should be a separate map you can tp/warp to specifically for making map art or make transporting map art from plots to mcatlas available because sometimes it is really annoying to look at when your on the dynmap.
    that is how i would improve the server

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

Yes I ran my own server for 2 years it was called HardCraft.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

Although I would mostly focus on improving McAtlas at first. I am honest and hardworking I do not give up. as well as I literally ran my own server and we had like 120 daily players. it was called HardCraft I do not remember the ip, it was like 2 years ago when I stopped it

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +625
    hey all, iecl here

Bold the questions
    do it >:((
    Try to detail your points more

The way your 4th / 5th are structured aren't very intuitive, I believe you should try to detail your points a little more. (Ex. If someone asks where a good deposit is for gold or iron i give them good answers. vs If someone asks where a good deposit is for gold or iron I usually try to answer them with things like [insert positive action], [insert positive action], and sometimes [insert positive action].)
    Format
    Run your app through Grammarly, and fix the indentation here:
    You put a space in between a sentence's completion.
    Look at accepted applications
    Don't copy any points, but get more experience from there and understand the basics a bit more before you apply next.
    Look through my other advice
    There is a bit of advice you didn't really run through on your last application that still apply here.

ending thoughts
    I still think you have potential, but I'm sorry I'll be blunt; this application is the same one as last time with a few touches. I recommend just fully restarting, like use this one as a reference to re-run through everything, fix the spelling, detail your points, bold your questions, and look at other applications to better understand the format.

-iecl out

sorry if i seem cranky i love you

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +389
  4. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +336
    For how you help people remove the part about economy as that isn’t expressly helping people, it’s “helping” yourself to an extent and the server. But some people find it better with the current economy. Your first idea would work better as part of #7 as it isn’t something they could actually add. City states seem unnecessary and hard to add, war isn’t coming within the next 5 years so I would avoid mentioning that. The mail system idea needs to be expounded upon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,124
    The_Hover,

Thank you for taking the time to apply. However, we have decided to reject this application. You may reapply in two weeks.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.