The Small Ideas Proposal

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by Captain_Wheatley, May 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Wheatley

Captain_Wheatley New Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Currently, the server as a whole is suffering from quality of life issues, a large amount of toxic players, and most importantly, some ideas that tend to be ignored or forgotten. This forum post is going to aim to list many small, medium, and maybe even complicated ideas that could improve the server in general. Also, this is my forum post, and I'm not the best writer, so keep that in mind while reading.

Starting off small, iron trapdoors should be interactable by hand. That's how privated iron doors work at the moment, and allowing trap doors to be right clickable would appease many builders on the server who usually use worldedit to make their redstone related contraptions work without a power source. Trapdoors can be privated anyway (at least, I think) so it wouldn't cause many issues for practical use.

Second, party chat should be overhauled. The MCMMO system currently implemented is garbage, and should be replaced. Plugins for easy party chat are already out there, so it shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Third, the lobby for the main server needs to be completed or removed. A while back, we updated to a new lobby, but it was incomplete, and it features 0 opportunities for a powder hunt ever again. The previous lobby had a ton of cool secrets, including a parkour course and an entrance into the ocean. Now, we have a parkour course that lets you tour the disgusting exterior of the lobby. What happened to exploring the insides of homes? What happened to investigating boats? This lobby either needs some serious modifications, which could include finishing the backside, and adding many shops and homes, like the plots lobby mall, or replacing it with the old one or even an entirely new one.

Fourth, the 'theft of animals in claims' rule should be enforced or removed. A lot of reports about horses or villagers being stolen are commonly found in reports and help, but nothing, absolutely nothing, is ever done about it. Either enforce it, or remove it from the list of rules. As an extension, animals that have saddles and armor equipped should not be able to have the items on top stolen by riding on them. A plugin that only let owners of animals and trusted users interact with animals owned by that user would be nice.

Fifth, abandoned towns. Drew already looked at this idea, but the premise is that when a town falls, instead of becoming unclaimed, outsider perms are turned on for 24 hours, and the town then collapses. This would help with the current /t claim war that is present in any town that ever falls, and it wouldn't be that much code to set up outsider perms and a timer.

Sixth, there needs to be a ticket system. Even a placeholder discord bot would be nice, but reports and help just ends up being conversation after conversation.

Seventh, the loot tables for voting should be released. This could be as simple as making it available on the mcatlas website, or as complicated making it a sponsor command. On the topic of loot tables, horse armor should also be added to the list of things that can be gained from voting, because the only way to get horse armor now is to x-ray for dungeons.

Eighth, some kind of development blog should be made for features that are currently being worked on. Dropping them as some big reveal is just not what the players want. The staff team isn't Nintendo trying to drive up hype for a big game you should buy. It's free features they're making for a server, and I don't want to have to wait months on end for the 'war is almost done' announcement. Also, GitHub development doesn't count.

Finally, we need a restricted chat and a way to stop bypassing. My proposal is that we add both, and it's a compromise. The bypass filter bot should be buffed significantly, I'm sure that could be figured out. Restricted chat would be a compromise, and it would be a feature on the discord that allows users to swear, make inappropriate jokes, all that, but to an extent. You know what I'm talking about. Adding these things together would hopefully stop the endless amount of bypass reports and satisfy the older players who want a more mature chat.

Number fifteen add war and end

I believe that if all of these features were implemented into the server and its additional media, the server would be a significantly more enjoyable place. The large stuff can take a year or two, I don't care, but we should be able to get smaller updates while we wait. So yeah, add some smaller, highly requested stuff, before the bigg things.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    Smoll

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Captain_Wheatley

Ratings:
    +38
    Small Ideas, not very small post

4. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    I was going to say that lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. windows_virus

Retired Staff Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +690
    Enjoy the free forum ratings, stranger.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +81
    small ideas, big opportunities. we really need a blog on the mcatlas website, I am honestly tired of updates appearing out of nowhere. This lack of transparency is the reason many quit the server.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. StupidDrew9

Administrator Developer Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +1,087
    We'll still spring up random updates out of nowhere, but we'll provide a bit more information now in the Discord!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. iu3ovb3fv4uh9ffn

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,054
    HOW ABOUT YOU GIVE ME THAT FUNNY AUDIO HUH? WHAT'S THE HOLD UP? YOU GAY OR SOMETHIN?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Captain_Wheatley

Ratings:
    +38
    No retired staff allowed on my Christian Minecraft forum thread

10. Emperyia

Emperyia Member

Ratings:
    +168
    good idea, this could spice up the server and make the unsatisfied playerbase satisfied for a while, before the all consuming MCAtlas consumers start demanding war again

honestly though, all of the players are just so invested in the idea of war, its like zombies fighting over if there should be war or not

i suggest you campaign for some of these ideas heavily to spice the server up

heil superiorob

11. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +81
    war is the only thing keeping me goign PLEASE I'M RUNING OUT OF WAR IN MY BLOODS I NEED A WAR INJECTION PLEASE OERJ H GIDOD

12. Emperyia

Emperyia Member

Ratings:
    +168
    add war add war add war add war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add waradd war add war add war

13. Captain_Wheatley

Ratings:
    +38
    Guys it's me, citizen of Germany!!!11!
    Staff are terrible because they didn't add war to mcatlas even though it's probably in development! I got warned for innapropiate behavior, even though all I said was unsubscribe from ### #####! M*lyesa terrible, I'm gonna dupe to get my revenge on this terrible server!!!

14. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    Could not have said it any better

15. Emperyia

Emperyia Member

Ratings:
    +168
    GUYS!!!! ITS ME!!! CITIZEN OF ITALIA!!!! I have never experienced a woman's touch so I simp for one on a Minecraft server!!!! Whatever Malyesa says, I HAVE TO AGREE! ok guys im gonna go set my profile picture to a dog to be just like my senpai malyesa! wait?! what was that? malyesa deleted the largest nation on the server? PFFFFFT, the people who spent countless hours on that are worthless cause theyre not malyesa! !!!

16. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    Sorry, but we are Spanish now. That Italia guy sounds kinda cringe ngl

17. Emperyia

Emperyia Member

Ratings:
    +168
    still applies

18. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    Spain =/= Italy
    We are Spainian if it does

19. Emperyia

Emperyia Member

Ratings:
    +168
    what still applies is that you are a simp who will defend malyesa at all costs because a womans touch is so foreign to you you want to express your desire for female interaction through the internet... sad!

20. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.