Forums The Obscurity of the Rules.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by HydraYTplayz, Feb 7, 2020.

1. HydraYTplayz

HydraYTplayz Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Imagine if all laws in the world were no longer written down in detail. You could no longer find out what is legal or illegal. I think that the world would be in a lot of distress. Funny enough, this is exactly what is going on in this server. Just to start, let's look at the very beginning of this website. By entering the link: ruinscraft.com, you are immediately brought to a page with a lot of really useful tabs, except... there is no place for the rules. So how do you get to it? You first must click on the terms of service button (which most people don't even look at). You then must scroll down to rule #5, and click on the link called "rules". And what happens when you click on it? The page can't be found, and no list of rules are to be seen. I might be wrong, but I don't think there is an actual list of rules on the server's official website.

But never mind the official website, let's look at the MCAtlas website. So far everything looks good, as there is a comprehensive list of rules that are ordered by category right? Well this is where I believe the real attention should be put. A few weeks ago, I was on the server and typed in the word: "homo". Strangely enough, this word was banned although "homosexual" and "gay" is not. I decided to report this in the discord, and yet it was completely ignored (not even given a response). I didn't make a big deal out of it though, because I didn't think it mattered. Only around 2 days later, certain members on the server were trying to type the country "Niger", and it was banned as well. What makes this word also strange is that you can actually access a command with the very same word by typing '/goto Niger State, Niger, Nigeria'. I thought that this was just way too ironic, and so I tried to message StupidDrew9 on discord. I also messaged a couple of helpers on the server, but I will get back to that (DM's were mostly ignored as well). In any case, multiple words have been banned, and there is no way to tell WHAT those words are, and there is also no way to appeal these words. To be short, the rule is almost non-existent.

My second point to talk about is the helpers, which I promised to get to. Although many of them are seemingly disliked, it appears as if they want the same things that we do, but don't actually have the power to do anything about it. I can't confirm whether the helpers that I contacted about the banned word actually contacted the higher-ups, but in any case it didn't help in the slightest, as nothing has changed. Talking with certain individuals, it seems as though the problem is the lack of communication and activity between the staff members. There are helpers with much more activity than the moderators, which leads to the helpers going and simply looking at all the griefers but not being able to doing a thing - absolutely defeating the name of 'helper'. For whatever reason(s) the staff have assured the player base with, it doesn't change the fact that it is still happening and nothing has been fixed. This trend isn't anything unusual, as you might have gathered.

Although I could ramble on more, add more links, add more quotes and witness testimonies, and make a big dramatic act out of it, I frankly don't have the time or patience. So to sum it all up, this server has no specific list of rules. It has no organization. It has a broken website. And most disappointingly, it isn't helping it's people.

P.S: I usually don't write like this but I'm getting annoyed >:(. I don't have any hate for staff at all, and I think all of them are amazing and try to do their absolute best, but I think they have some changes to make.

#1 HydraYTplayz, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. PVP_Builder

Helper

Ratings:
    +117
    Thank you for taking the time to type all of this out. There definitely are problems with the server as of right now. Giving respectful criticism like this and not just insulting us is an amazing way to get stuff done. We'll all try to improve our activity as well as the overall state of the server. If you have a problem please dm a staff member (preferably a mod) so that we can remember to get to it. Once again thank you for taking the time to help us better the state of the server.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Malyesa

Helper

Ratings:
    +24
    I agree and also think that there are steps all of us staff can take in order to make the server a better place. PVP_Builder pretty much sums it up for me.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.