Thank You

Reaction score
The roots of Ruinscraft began in 2011 and have since prospered for over 10 years, all the while providing entertainment for tens of thousands of people around the world. We are truly thankful for those that have come, gone, and stayed throughout that time. You are the center of what has made Ruinscraft special.

It is with great sadness that I say this but, @royalkingkb and I have collectively decided it is time to close Ruinscraft as a whole by the end of the year.

It has come time to redirect our attention to things beyond Ruinscraft, seeking the ambitions of our careers and of our personal lives. It may come as a surprise for some, perhaps not for others, that our passion to operate the server is not what it once was. I’ve always known the day would come where we would make the difficult decision to bring things to an end. The server and community has been an important role in my life for so long that it makes this decision hard and even saddening. Even through that, I am so appreciative of the many good times we have all shared together. I am honored by the awesome fact that it actually happened, and how far we came, rather than the fact that it’s coming to an end.

I am especially thankful for all of our staff: old, new, and retired, for your dedication. Your
devotion has helped everyone enjoy their experience here, despite a lot of the flak you have received. Your efforts made our experience unique and competitive.

We’ll be opening Steve Cinema for anyone (not just Sponsors) to play from now until the time we close. This page explains how to install the required mod to join. @royalkingkb will likely continue development of the Cinema mod on his own time (just the code, not the server).

Below, I’ve outlined some of the specifics about our timeline and what you can expect. I’m sure many of you have questions and I hope this helps to answer them.

Thank you for the memories.

Timeline​

11/15/2021 - Announcement, open Steve Cinema, open up stickers on the store.
12/15/2021 - Stop selling stickers.
12/31/2021 - Stop all game servers.

Stickers​

Ruinscraft stickers are now available on the store, while supplies last. Please consider making your memories tangible with a sticker pack. We’ve closed the rest of the store.

F.A.Q.​

Will we be able to download the whole world(s)?
Unfortunately, no. Our world files total over 400 GB. Even when compressed, it is infeasible to host this amount of data.

Will we be able to download our plots or builds?
We recommend you use a mod to archive your builds.

What will happen to the Discord server?
We will be maintaining the Discord server indefinitely.

What will happen to the website?
We will be maintaining the website for at least a year.

I want my money back.
Refunds will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you are not legally entitled to a refund or have not purchased anything from the Ruinscraft Store in the last month, you are likely not eligible. Contact us via email no later than 12/15/2021.
This year was shitty, Let me explain. It was fun while it lasted but it didnt matter to me the most atleast this month. ive played this server for 2 years and it is sad to me how something that once mattered to me in the past is gone. Gg

Attachments

• Inked9671_LI.jpg
    Inked9671_LI.jpg
    796.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Roux007 and Izer_

Izer_

Sponsor Bundle
Reaction score
This year was shitty, Let me explain. It was fun while it lasted but it didnt matter to me the most atleast this month. ive played this server for 2 years and it is sad to me how something that once mattered to me in the past is gone. Gg
what? are you complaining about the server's funness when we all saying our goodbyes to it?

dont care + ratio.

• Agree
Reactions: xEnderWolf
Reaction score
damn, this is sad seeing a server ive made a lot of memories in being gone. thank you for all the memories, for all the new friendships I’ve made, love you all

• Agree
Reactions: windows_virus

elaine0204

Sponsor Bundle
Reaction score
Website
medium.com
Met some Really good friends and spent many fun hours playing. Sad to see something we all had apart of our childhood go but it’s a bitter sweet moment as we all move on in life. So much dedication put into this server and it’s greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I made alot of memories on this server, back in 2014 I was having the time of my life here... GG farewell

• Feels
Reactions: royalkingkb
Reaction score
Jokes aside, when I heard RC was closing, a lot of the memories from this server popped on my head and I just had to say something. I joined RC in 2019 with a group of irl friends when mcatlas had just released and, for some odd reason, decided to stay. I had never been active in any server or really any game before, but the community on mcatlas just hit some buttons for me. I stopped playing early 2020 and, when i came back earlier this year, a lot of the people I'd met almost 2 years prior were still there. To this day, I STILL talk to a couple of people i met on mcatlas through discord and instagram.
It's just insane to me how some people in this thread have known me (and i've known them) since i was only 15, and have literally accompanied entire parts of my personality changing. I joined as a kid who was just trying to get to people's nerves for a quick laugh and get big on the server (my apologies if you were one of those people but it was very funny and i do not regret it.) and now i'm a (mostly) entirely different person, and still somewhat active in this community.
I had more fun on RC than I've ever had on any other online game, and i still remember all of the funny and entertaining moments i had here (mostly, my memory is blurry because of some personal issues from back then)

honestly, I normally wouldn't give half a shit about this kind of stuff, but these news got on my feels way more than expected. goodbye rc. hope you all have a great life.

Reaction score
The roots of Ruinscraft began in 2011 and have since prospered for over 10 years, all the while providing entertainment for tens of thousands of people around the world. We are truly thankful for those that have come, gone, and stayed throughout that time. You are the center of what has made Ruinscraft special.

It is with great sadness that I say this but, @royalkingkb and I have collectively decided it is time to close Ruinscraft as a whole by the end of the year.

It has come time to redirect our attention to things beyond Ruinscraft, seeking the ambitions of our careers and of our personal lives. It may come as a surprise for some, perhaps not for others, that our passion to operate the server is not what it once was. I’ve always known the day would come where we would make the difficult decision to bring things to an end. The server and community has been an important role in my life for so long that it makes this decision hard and even saddening. Even through that, I am so appreciative of the many good times we have all shared together. I am honored by the awesome fact that it actually happened, and how far we came, rather than the fact that it’s coming to an end.

I am especially thankful for all of our staff: old, new, and retired, for your dedication. Your
devotion has helped everyone enjoy their experience here, despite a lot of the flak you have received. Your efforts made our experience unique and competitive.

We’ll be opening Steve Cinema for anyone (not just Sponsors) to play from now until the time we close. This page explains how to install the required mod to join. @royalkingkb will likely continue development of the Cinema mod on his own time (just the code, not the server).

Below, I’ve outlined some of the specifics about our timeline and what you can expect. I’m sure many of you have questions and I hope this helps to answer them.

Timeline​

Stickers​

Ruinscraft stickers are now available on the store, while supplies last. Please consider making your memories tangible with a sticker pack. We’ve closed the rest of the store.

F.A.Q.​

Unfortunately, no. Our world files total over 400 GB. Even when compressed, it is infeasible to host this amount of data.

I want my money back.
Refunds will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you are not legally entitled to a refund or have not purchased anything from the Ruinscraft Store in the last month, you are likely not eligible. Contact us via email no later than 12/15/2021.
Ive played since 2016, I’ve lived half my life on this server. Damn you man, I can’t say i didn’t fucking cry when I read this. I legit can’t say how much it’s been to grow up with y’all. I never had good irl friends.

All my cities in McAtlas, will live on. All of our effort will be remembered. Join Persia guys, because we’re moving this party to a new place. I sure as hell am not ready to loose you guys

Reaction score

Timeline​

Stickers​

F.A.Q.​

I want my money back.
Thanks for being a part of my life. :)

Reaction score
Would you mind giving us a list of the plugins used on mc plots I have played months of game-time on the server and I have gotten used to the main commands like /ast, /thru and plot flags and would like to keep using them when building. So sad the servers shutting down. Really gonna miss it.

StupidDrew9

Admin
Reaction score
Would you mind giving us a list of the plugins used on mc plots I have played months of game-time on the server and I have gotten used to the main commands like /ast, /thru and plot flags and would like to keep using them when building. So sad the servers shutting down. Really gonna miss it.
We'll make an announcement about plugins used on our server soon