Thank You

dukesmart

Owner
Admin
Reaction score
The roots of Ruinscraft began in 2011 and have since prospered for over 10 years, all the while providing entertainment for tens of thousands of people around the world. We are truly thankful for those that have come, gone, and stayed throughout that time. You are the center of what has made Ruinscraft special.

It is with great sadness that I say this but, @royalkingkb and I have collectively decided it is time to close Ruinscraft as a whole by the end of the year.

It has come time to redirect our attention to things beyond Ruinscraft, seeking the ambitions of our careers and of our personal lives. It may come as a surprise for some, perhaps not for others, that our passion to operate the server is not what it once was. I’ve always known the day would come where we would make the difficult decision to bring things to an end. The server and community has been an important role in my life for so long that it makes this decision hard and even saddening. Even through that, I am so appreciative of the many good times we have all shared together. I am honored by the awesome fact that it actually happened, and how far we came, rather than the fact that it’s coming to an end.

I am especially thankful for all of our staff: old, new, and retired, for your dedication. Your
devotion has helped everyone enjoy their experience here, despite a lot of the flak you have received. Your efforts made our experience unique and competitive.

We’ll be opening Steve Cinema for anyone (not just Sponsors) to play from now until the time we close. This page explains how to install the required mod to join. @royalkingkb will likely continue development of the Cinema mod on his own time (just the code, not the server).

Below, I’ve outlined some of the specifics about our timeline and what you can expect. I’m sure many of you have questions and I hope this helps to answer them.

Thank you for the memories.

Timeline​

11/15/2021 - Announcement, open Steve Cinema, open up stickers on the store.
12/15/2021 - Stop selling stickers.
12/31/2021 - Stop all game servers.

Stickers​

Ruinscraft stickers are now available on the store, while supplies last. Please consider making your memories tangible with a Sticker Pack. We’ve closed the rest of the store.

F.A.Q.​

Will we be able to download the whole world(s)?
Unfortunately, no. Our world files total over 400 GB. Even when compressed, it is infeasible to host this amount of data.

Will we be able to download our plots or builds?
We recommend you use a mod to archive your builds.

What will happen to the Discord server?
We will be maintaining the Discord server indefinitely.

What will happen to the website?
We will be maintaining the website for at least a year.

I want my money back.
Refunds will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you are not legally entitled to a refund or have not purchased anything from the Ruinscraft Store in the last month, you are likely not eligible. Contact us via email no later than 12/15/2021.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I joined in 2015/2016, made a forum acc a bit later than that. I don't normally talk on the forums, you may know me as todd_the_fat, bigflopppa, catifies (this name is hella old) whatever. But I got one thing to say, I told ya so! This server's been dying about around two years, and everyone's been telling me that 'oh everyone went to mcatlas'. Even that started dying. I have nine plots of Megabuilds including one thats 27 plots long so, I guess those are going because I have no idea how to use schematics. I remember bringing this up to a mod about like... what... last year, about how when this server dies and my builds are gone. They said that this server won't die and my builds are safe. Bruh. Remember all the furry roleplay stuff, finally it's gone FOR GOOD. since remnants of those plots are still there. I'll miss this server, and at the same time I won't. Don't get me wrong, this server is very nostalgiac for me, despite the fact that i'm not the most *OG* player here. I've made a buttload of memories, even roleplaying myself (sadly). I've built hundreds of things and have deleted those hundreds of things. Then I stopped playing and left my megalithic monuments there to rot. Thank you for all you had to offer, Ruinscraft. Thank you for greeting me everyday with that red warning you get when you have over 60 bans punishments and stuff!

Last edited:

Izer_

Sponsor Bundle
Reaction score
I love all of you guys. This is really disheartening but the reasoning is understandable. It never really occurred to me that this would one day end, but it makes sense.

Thank you for the many years everyone here has spent to improving this server and making it what it is, and of course a special thank you to Dukesmart, StupidDrew9 and Royalkingkb.