MCAtlas Tax Evasion is good :)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by ILagWithShaders, Jun 28, 2020.

1. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    hi
    Ok so basically taxes are a thing in McAtlas, and they come daily. Most towns pay 2 gold ingots to keep their town up, but some pay more because of overclaim. For example, Tampa pays 52 gold a day, but I pay 2 gold a day. Now, this is good and all, but I feel like it is a little too bland and boring. What do I mean by that? I mean that I want to be a criminal and go to jail for tax evasion. My idea is to implement tax evasion into McAtlas at some point and time, and I think it would be fun because it would add something new that no other server has.
    From my knowledge (don't quote me on this), tax evasion is basically when you either pay less money than set, or just don't pay at all. The punishments for doing so is either a fine, jail time, or both. Now, back to my idea. The idea I am thinking is that the Mayor and Co-Mayor of a town could do a command to commit tax evasion, and when taxes come, that town gets more "history". "History" basically increases every time you commit tax evasion, and the higher it is, the higher the consequence. Once a town's history hits 100%, it is deleted without warning. The message that comes up when this happens could be something like "[Town name] couldn't afford to pay their taxes!", instead of the normal "The following towns could not keep their upkeep and have been disbanded:". Anyways, I'll move onto how to commit tax evasion and how history works.
    To commit tax evasion, either the Mayor or Co-Mayor of a town could do the command "/t evade (amount)". Most towns would probably not need to do this because of the small amount of gold being payed, but large towns with overclaim might have to. For example (I'm using Tampa because 52 gold is the highest overclaim [I think]), if the owner of Tampa did /t evade 40, the tax would only collect 14 gold (+2 for daily upkeep) instead of the normal 54. Now, this is where history comes into play. History is basically a meter that keeps track of how much tax evasion you have committed. A town will always start at 0% history. However, as soon as you evade, that history goes up. History goes up by 1% for every 2 gold ingots evaded. This is how history could work:
    • 0% - 4%: All good, you are in the clear
    • 5% - 15%: The town has 2 gold added to their daily upkeep, making it 4 gold instead of 2
    • 16% - 29%: 4 gold is added to daily upkeep, making the total 8 gold
    • 30% - 49%: At any time between these 2 percents, 1/6 of all your town's gold could be taken out as reparations
    • 50% - 69%: The town upkeep increases by 12 gold, making the upkeep 20 gold a day
    • 70% - 89%: At any time, 1/3 of the town's bank can be taken out
    • 90% - 99%: The town upkeep increases by 50, making the town's daily upkeep 70 gold
    • 100%: The town is deleted
    I should make it clear that when upkeep and the town's bank can be randomly collected, it can happen from the first percentage to the second percentage. I could be at 7% history and still be at 2 gold upkeep, but I could get the upkeep punishment the next day. I should also mention that if you somehow are able to bypass one of the levels, the effects of the level you skipped will be instantly added on. What I mean by this is that if I had 4% history, and I evaded 40 gold (which is 20% history), I would get +2 added to my daily upkeep, but also have a chance to get +4 added as well. Whenever one of the max percentages is hit (15, 29, 49, 69, 89, 99), the punishment will instantly happen in order from lightest to harshest.
    I hope this makes sense, because I think it would add something to the game that no other server has ever had before. It would be funny seeing towns with 70 gold as a daily upkeep plus another 20 gold overclaim. Evading could be kind of like a meme in some sort of way, where players could challenge each other to see who can get the highest history without getting their town deleted. The max amount of gold being charged a day could go from 76.4 gold (largest town with 1 person) to 146.4 gold (same thing, but with 90-99% history)
    Welp, gotta run. My taxes are long overdue and I am not financially stable enough to pay them.
    Update nether

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +285
    Wtf

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +75
    • Like Like x 1
  4. xDeadPine

xDeadPine New Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Ngl sounds like a way to get your residents to hate you lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +824
    I feel like the punishments beyond 15% are super pissing strict, but the idea on the whole is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    I have committed several war crimes within the last 2 weeks and I am on the FBI's most wanted list. I have mere seconds to type this, they could be at my door any second
    This is coming from a single person town lol
    That's the point, the IRS don't joke around irl, so why not make it like real life?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Captain_Wheatley

Captain_Wheatley New Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Is there a way to burn my tax forms and/or history?

What I mean is, how do you reset history? Do you have to pay a penalty or reimburse your evaded taxes?

8. xDeadPine

xDeadPine New Member

Ratings:
    +19

9. xDeadPine

xDeadPine New Member

Ratings:
    +19
    excuse that lmfao i formatted it wrong

10. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    I was thinking about this, but decided not to explain it, but Im glad you asked.
    History will go down by 1-3% every time you don't evade, so after around 45 days (if you were are 99% history), you could be back at 0%

11. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    Adding onto this because it is very exploitable:
    3 days have to pass before history starts going down. This is to prevent towns from evading one day, skipping the next, evading again, skipping again, and so on

12. Captain_Wheatley

Ratings:
    +38
    ok but can I burn my history documents

if not I'm banning 1.16 forever

13. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    When you make a new town, you have no history. After 3 days of not evading, your history goes down by 1-3% a day
    I mean you can rename paper to "History" and burn it, but thats about all

14. Captain_Wheatley

Ratings:
    +38
    1.16 is banned forever, Ilag. Long live 1.13.2

15. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(:(

• Like Like x 1
  16. Emperyia

Emperyia Member

Ratings:
    +168
    no need to tax evade, dupe to get out of your problemos

17. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +75
    Ik I look like a hypocrite by saying this, but I promise you gotta learn the backstory behind my pfp before you judge

damn commie

18. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,264
    Communist Atlas

19. Emperyia

Emperyia Member

Ratings:
    +168
    if the population density of new jersey was equivalent to the rest of the US the population of the US would be 4.2 billion

20. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +75
    sthu commie

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.