Rejected Tajeks Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Tajeks, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Tajeks

Tajeks Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +117
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

My Minecraft name is Tajeks

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 15 and my timezone is GMT -5 (EST)

3) How long have you played on our servers?

I've been playing on Ruinscraft for about 4 years now

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

I've provided help to newer players who join on Atlas an have no clue on what they are doing, either providing them with a town or help funding a town for them to get them started. I have a lot of extra materials on there so I don't mind giving them regular diamond gear or something like that. I know the towny plugin and most plugins on servers pretty well so I could help any players having troubles with commands or how to do something.

I'll always try to be the first to reach out and reply to anyone who needs an opinion, help with commands, or even some type of item in games that I have extra of and wouldn't mind giving some of them. I would step out of my way to answer PMs from players asking advice, I would make sure no one is ignored whenever chat is being flooded. This would happen to me a lot on other servers, I would ask someone to help me into the server and I would be ignored.

I like to build on plots and I would teleport to players and give them a nice comment on their build. I would give some feedback from a different perspective if I have an idea or something that I think would look cool from my perspective. Just giving them some ideas for builds would possibly open their mind more.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

I have a decent amount of ideas for both servers

In game reporting system:

I feel a lot of people have touched on this in application but I would like to give my say on it. I feel it could be greatly improved if there are active staff online able to take reports, issues would be dealt with a lot more efficiently.

• Have /report or using "@" as a command to report to online staff about an issue.
    • Having some type of auto moderation in chat such as spamming the same message more than 10 times in a row will be restricted.
    • You would be kicked or sent to the hub if it realizes you are spamming too much. (More info to above)
    I would only suggest auto moderation because recently there has not been a lot of staff active on some hours of the day where people like to spam and break rules constantly. Specifically on plots, there is barely any staff on there at all to moderate chat, though pretty silent, still needs moderation.

Pvp rules on McAtlas

Some of the combat rules have made some aspects of pvping unplayable. There are lots of things to possibly fix with rules for a somewhat "war" scenario. I believe players would enjoy this because war has been an ongoing topic and many players would be excited to see a new pvp update with something involving "war".

• If you are enemies by nations or if you are in outlaw in a town, I think that pvp should automatically be enabled for players who are apart of the nations or either the owner and assistants of the town against someone who they have outlawed.
    - This would make jails to actually be usable and I feel it would be a lot of excitement to players to constantly be on watch if there is going to be an outlaw intruding their town or if a nation is going to come to a town and have a fight.

- Although most do not like to pvp, I feel a lot of players would enjoy this if implemented into the game. It would add a sense of excitement to McAtlas and new things to do.
    I understand the idea I just given could seem a little extreme to people who are not that all interested in pvp, sending an entire nation to war without consent. I just feel it would be a little exciting to have something implemented that could be seen as another "big update". I think it would help out the player base a lot with another big update with something like this which was well waited.

Having a starter book on McAtlas just like Plots

I'm not going to go in depth with this, but something that could be things easier on newer players could be a book which is explaining basic information about the server and commands for towny. I have no problem answering questions in chat, but this idea would give the players a little sense of what is going on if they have never played on a towny server or an earth server before.

Some other quick ideas of mine:

• Being able to deposit gold blocks on Atlas
    • Chest shops on Atlas to prevent players from being scammed (goes along with idea above)
    • Having flags on plots being able to set a certain gamemode or pvp whenever entering the plot.
    • Ability to teleport to plot coordinates if you want a certain number or a far away plot. Ex: 100;1000
    • Having a /t deposit all or /t deposit hand command, this would make depositing gold in trades a lot easier, same with the newly introduced coin flips.

I have a lot more ideas than this I just did not want to make this application go on forever about ideas. I will be posting ideas more on the forums feel free to check them out.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I have been staff on multiple DarkRP servers on Gmod, from this experience I know how to handle situations without bias, I can handle rule breakers in a calmly manner, and I understand it is important to get involved with your community to be a good staff member. I was staff on a couple other minecraft server but I was younger and not mature. I feel like I have some experience and I would love to learn and get more experience if I was accepted as staff on here.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

I know right off the start I may not seem as the ideal staff members to some players, but I have started to drop all my toxic behavior and I would like to better myself again and hopefully I can be seen fit as staff for this server. I have played on this server for about 4 years now and I understand how this community works and I know how moderation is carried out on Ruinscraft.

I am good at making unbiased decisions, and go off what is given in reports. I have a working microphone and I am usually active in discord talking to players. I am regularly on discord and sometimes hopping on minechat to see the server chat if I am not able to get on my computer. I am very active on the server, along with being on in the early or late hours of the day whenever not many people are online.

Thanks for reading my application :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Crowblers

Crowblers Member

Ratings:
    +132
    Interesting.

3. Benjiii1

Benjiii1 New Member

Ratings:
    +61
    I might need to force tiger out my basement to make another staff app smh

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +2,048
    he quit lol

5. n0name

n0name New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    pee pee poo poo pee

6. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,138
    Tajeks,

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately, we have decided to reject this application. Feel free to reapply in two weeks!

7. Tajeks

Tajeks Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +117
    Can I get a reason for denial?

8. _boat_man

_boat_man Member

Ratings:
    +173
    its because your asian

9. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,138
    You were rejected primarily because of your pinfo and recent offences. However, if you make a positive change in behavior over the next few months, we will take that into consideration in your next application. Thank you for your time!

10. n0name

n0name New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    yo north can i roll the dice for a unban? thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. DaffyHat

DaffyHat New Member

Ratings:
    +28
    I mean you did like log into someones account and delete their town what did you expect

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Benjiii1

Benjiii1 New Member

Ratings:
    +61
    because he's in my basement

• Late Late x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.