Rejected Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by elaine0204, Jan 4, 2021.

1. elaine0204

elaine0204 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    elaine0204
    2) What is your age and time zone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am 16 years old and I live in (GMT-5)
    3) How long have you played on our servers?
    I’ve been playing on Ruinscraft since December 2013 and have been active since. I took a year break in 2018 and started playing again in 2019. Ive been playing Mcatlas since around October of 2019 and have been pretty active since.
    4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I have helped people in many ways, that includes speaking out for people who do not have discord or other social media platform to communicate through. I've also helped a lot of new players get into the game, introducing them to how the server operates and what the people in it do, and most importantly, which person they can reach out to when they need assistance for certain things that I cannot provide help for. Most of the time, I will guide newbies into knowing how to play the game by offering them to join my town to help them get started out. There are some other things I could mention that I have done to support the community but I believe these are the only ones worth noting out. I'd like to point out that if I do become a staff member, I would be of very great use to the MCAtlas player base by being there when they need me the most.
    5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    Some ways I could improve the server is helping with getting rid of lag.
    Idea 1: I will report and keep tabs of what is being glitchy and bring up to other staff. One example is that on Mcatlas people mention how boats and elytra were buggy and when standing on shulkers you get lagged back and stuck.
    Idea 2: I would Industrialize the enforcement of being nice to players. It is well known that people get toxic at times and I would love to help and make the community wholesome again.
    Idea 3: One last thing I can bring to the table is that I’m active a lot at night when the server is at its lowest with available staff. I tend to be active on Mcatlas and I’m always interacting with everyone on there and could be great help for when there isn’t any around.
    6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    No I do not.
    7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    The reason you should choose me over anyone else is because I will put time and dedication into the server. Most players aren’t on late at night and when something happens there is rarely any staff online to help and since I usually stay on late, I could be there to sort things out. I have always been active on this server and have seen its ups and downs. I have a reasonable knowledge of its history and could give great opinions and ideas for the future of the server. I am also great with the younger generation seeing as I'm young myself and I know how to reason with people and diffuse situations. It would be a chance of a life time to be able to give back to a server that I basically grew up in. I have always loved playing on here and have made so many friends. Im so grateful for all the people I meet and memories I have made.

#1 elaine0204, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Evox74c

Evox74c New Member

Ratings:
    +35
    k

• Like Like x 2
  3. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +438
    Couple grammar mistakes that could use fixing particularly in the last section. Your idea 3 belongs in the #7 because it’s a reason why they should accept you not an idea. The other two ideas suck tbh but whatever. I never saw you online during any part of 2020 until a couple months ago so I don’t really believe that part of what you said. Overall kinda meh

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +438
    Wait none of those are like actual ideas lmao... you mentioned removing lag again but didn’t say how lol, there are coders on the team who have been coding for years so what makes you think you could help fix lag

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. elaine0204

elaine0204 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Thank you for the feedback. I haven't been on recently due to family and holidays but I also never see you on. As being a helper theres not much you can do but report and tell other staff whats happening. Im applying to help around and voice opinions of the players and glitches is what everyone mostly talks about. But if my application gets denied I will take what you have said into consideration. Also I do have problems of spelling lol, i will check and change it.

6. elaine0204

elaine0204 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I am not a coder I'm just stating im here to help and voice concerns of the players like when lag happens and if theres a glitch like with boats being able to open doors or people being able to use trapdoors in claimed areas.

7. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +438
    No not recently you were ok recently I’m talking about the entirety of January through like august I never saw you on and I was one of the most active players during that time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. elaine0204

elaine0204 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Idk Im pretty quiet in chat im way more talkative know.

9. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +438
    Never saw you in tab lol I checked tab a lot of recruiting, as far as I was concerned I thought you were a new player who joined hunters town

• Like Like x 1
  10. elaine0204

elaine0204 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I have been with hunter back then but idk im not an important player lol.

11. Demadunk

Demadunk Member

Ratings:
    +81
    This will and will always be hilarious.

On the other hand though, this staff app is riddled with misconceptions on what the questions are asking, 5 in particular is a mess.

In any case, attempting to force players to be nice will be the funniest thing I'll see in a while if something like that happens.

#11 Demadunk, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 2
  12. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +438
    But you said you were active on the server yet I never saw you on

13. elaine0204

elaine0204 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Thank you for feedback. Wont be forcing just encouraging!

14. elaine0204

elaine0204 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    idk? I am usually active.

15. hallucinationman

Ratings:
    +438
    Not during the first three quarters of 2020 or the last part of 2019 lol

16. elaine0204

elaine0204 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I said mostly. I do have a life lol and there are dry spots where not a lot of people are on. I try to be active tho.

17. Demadunk

Demadunk Member

Ratings:
    +81
    still the way you worded that was pretty aggressive. and I find that funny

18. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Something we need more than anything is more community members voicing their concerns about this server

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. elaine0204

elaine0204 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    lol. Thanks for the interaction on my post!

20. elaine0204

elaine0204 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Yes! I hope to do that if accepted.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.