Rejected Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Bunneh, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Bunneh

Bunneh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    eBunneh

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 14 and my time zone is GMT -4:00 (est)

3) How long have you played on our servers?

I have been playing since the beginning of April 2020, and I took a week break during the summer, but I am usually very active both in chat and in game.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

When new players join, I help answer their questions to the best of my ability and sometimes even give them a tour and help them get started and familiarize them with the community and server. I also help people with their builds, and also give them tips for their builds. I also try to stop arguments that go on in chat. When people need some help with some items, or a redstone contraption, or how something works, I help them out.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

I would be a big help in helping anyone with help to the best of my ability, and try to solve all their problems. I will also be an active member in the community so I will be able to see both sides, the staff and the player and solve the problems that arise. When new player do join in the future I will guide them through the process of joining a town, or even making their own, rather than be flooded with requests to join other players' towns. I will also bring new and interesting ideas to add to the server to excite the player base, and overall make the player's experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I have been staff on a private subscriber only server of a youtuber, and a discord mod on many server including my own. Although I have not been a moderator on a MC server this large, I feel I have what it takes to help out the community and make it an amazing place for players to spend their spare time in.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

I will be an unbiased staff member that helps players with any problem they have. I am also a well know and well liked player on the server, and I will be very active and involved in the community. I am a very experienced Minecraft player, so I can help many players with a problem or question they have with the game itself.

2. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +1,002
    I recommend more experience on the server, forums, and the Discord server, to familiarize yourself with the community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +612
    Hey! If you need advice on this application just tell me, I can’t give it right now but yeah :)

4. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,124
    eBunneh,

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately, we have decided to reject this application. You may reapply in two weeks.

5. Malyesa

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +131
    1) You need more playtime, at least 6 months.

2) Number four is sweet and all, but doesn't stick out at all. This reads like every other application, maybe try to stand out more.

3) Number five is for new update ideas (be creative and realistic!). You can put what you wrote for 5 in number 7.

4) Make sure to check your grammar!

5) Number 7 is one of the most, if not the most, important question. Like with #4, you need to make it stick out and be yourself. This should also be one of the longest responses in the application.

Overall, you seem to be a nice player, keep it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +612
    Alright I now feel obligated to review this!!!!111 Okay, onto intro!!

HI IM IECLEN I THINK YOU KNOW ME AND IM HERE TO MAKE U GET EPIC GAMER ADVICE FROM A 12 YEAR OLD!!!!

Format
    I'd say the most important first thing is to bold the questions on your application. I also have found some strange grammatical/spelling errors hidden 'round, so I'd recommend using Grammarly to help you build good typing habits.
    Wait a couple months, eh?
    I think the biggest thing you need to do is play this server for 6 months and beyond, before submitting an application. I would add more to this section but I'm on a different computer that makes typing feel like poopoo so
    Try to show your professional supportive traits in 4 more, if ya catch my drift
    4 is; to be extremely blunt... sort of weak. Helping people with builds and the likes aren't a very strong trait. So I'd recommend you to show other types of ways you have helped players. How have you diffused arguments? Are you good at making bonds between players? Explain all that!
    You may want to reinterpret #5
    Usually the stronger #5 is, the longer it is. Don't use this as an excuse to write more for no reason!! Write in detail, but not overdetail. If you don't want to increase the size of this area, I'd say rewrite this as ideas for commands or plugins, or go in depth about cracking down on toxicity, or taking loads off of current staff.
    Make 7 about turning your experiences into positive and productive traits to help you get a better chance of acceptance
    uhh yeah the title pretty much explains it all uwu
    TL;DR
    Bold the questions. Use a spell-check. Wait a couple months, and deepen your understanding of the server rules, and build a positive reputation. Show your productive traits in 4 and 7. Think about reinterpreting 5 as either ways to make new plugins or cracking down on toxicity.
    final wordz
    (get ready for some biased statements) You probably don't remember me, but the reason I'm so obsessed with becoming a member of the staff team is because of you. I remember it was May 18, and I saw you saying in discord #offtopic that you were applying for staff, which reminded me about forums. I went on there and remembered how much I wanted to be staff, and started putting my all into it. If it wasn't for you, I'd still be a strange little kid in global chat who said random erotic stuff sometimes. You helped me become more mature, and I thank you for that.
    In all honesty, you are one of those people who doesn't give up and that gives you my respect. This is a mediocre application, but because of my personal ties to you, I can't help but try and give you all the advice I can. I think you'd make an amazing staff if you spend a couple months in pure passion. Good luck.

-iecl out

#6 Ieclen, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Malyesa

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +131
    Disagree, this is pretty decent (not good enough to get in, but not all that bad).

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +344
  9. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +612
    yeah to me decent and mediocre are pretty much the same haha, sorry if I said it in a more negative way then I intended

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +344
    nah you’re right the app was terrible

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +1,002
    In context, it’s pretty poor, but the application itself is good.

• Like Like x 2
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.