Rejected Staff Application.

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by dec, Jul 13, 2020.

1. dec

dec New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My Minecraft Username is Sky_boy198 And I do not plan to change it ever.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I'm Currently 14 And my timezone Is CDT I am usually Up During the night and I usually fall asleep in the day
    but I sometimes Stay up.

3) How long have you played on our servers?
    I've Played On ruinscraft Since Early 2018 I believe I'm not so sure though And I Love playing on Ruinscraft
    That's Why id Be on All the time.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I Have helped many people On the server With commands Up to building by Simply telling them the Command with a
    Period (Example: ./maps ) They always understand What I'm Saying Which is good Also I Believe I know every Main command you use In creative. I believe I've most likely helped 10-18 People Or more I haven't been keeping track.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    Id attempt to Make everyone Kinder and Less toxic One reason I wanna apply is That A lot of people on Ruinscraft Don't Like me due to my past Warnings and bans But I think id get more Respect. Id Most likely try to help with Chat flood, Bypass, And Grief And Ofc people being rude telling them to Move to Msg Instead of global chat .

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    Yes, I'm ranked "Imagineer" on one of my friend's servers (Imagineer Is a builder) Its a Disney server and its Very Advanced Were just on a Large break At the moment.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    You should choose me Because I'm good at a lot of things to help on the server Such For Grief you do the /rollback Command. And With Spam, you give the person a Warning after they have Said 4 words In a row Nonstop And with Harassment, you Simply give the person a Warning. I also Reply to A lot of Discord Dm's but I don't usually Respond As soon as they send it. That's Why you should Choose me Over anyone Else.

#1 dec, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dec

dec New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It would be nice to get accepted Or to get people to like me on the server.

3. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +334
    1. Get your GMT timezone, it's very simple.
    The first thing that I noticed was that your timezone wasn't in GMT, I'd recommend you find and convert your timezone to GMT.
    2. I think you should put your application through grammarly, as well as bold the questions on your application.
    There are a lot of pretty strange capitalization choices and the likes. You should put this application through a spellcheck and grammar check before resubmition. You really also should bold the questions, as it just makes it look nicer.
    3. You should be more specific with how you helped people.
    Be more specific with how you've helped people, just saying I've given people basic commands isn't enough. Have you ever taught anyone world edit? Have you ever ended a debate? That's a few examples of what could help you. :)
    4. Read other accepted applications to see what you could pick up.
    It would definitely help you if you read accepted applications to find things you could build on. Do not steal anything, just look at what they are looking for!
    5. You are on the right track with number 5, but I'd say it needs more detail on different ways you will help the server.
    Most people think that number 5 is about ideas, but you were smart in trying to make it about cracking down on toxicity. I'd say you need to expand this more, as it's lacking in a lot how you would take burdens off of current staff, and you can find many more examples if you read other accepted apps.
    6. Builder doesn't count towards staff experience.
    Being a builder on a server does not give you permissions to moderate chat, fix griefs, etc.
    7. Here you are just listing things you will have to do as staff.
    7 is subjectively the most important part of your app. It's the last thing someone reads, so it needs to be very good. One tip that I can give you is that you should definitely try to turn your experiences into the character traits. You can also take experiences of leadership in real life and use them.

Overall, it needs a good amount of work. But I definitely think with enough passion and effort you can make it a lot better ^^ Go for it, Sky!
    (ps, don't bump your thread with a comment that wasn't a response to anyone, read all three sticky threads, please!)
    (edit 2. So I saw you made your last app 12 days ago, you have to wait 2 more days before it's allowed to submit another application. You can only submit every 2 weeks)

#3 Ieclen, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Roux007

Roux007 Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +207
    This one is a clear no. Your grammar is very bad, as well as your capitalization.
    For fricks sake, stop capitalizing every word.

You'd also dont join staff to be "well known". Im semi-well known from my old days in the Plots server, but I dont go around begging for it.

No offense, but you might want to not say "Ofc" or use "Msg" in an official staff application.

Dont be sad if you get denied, its highly likely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. parrot_bartender

parrot_bartender Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +893
    i would like to give some criticism, but the replies above me sum this up pretty well. the thing that gets me most is the grammar, this is very hard to read, so you should use a grammar app or something to improve it.

6. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    ._.
    (joke don't rage)

7. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Hey hey, you don't gotta be rude about it! Just say your criticism nicely so he can actually improve!

8. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +975
    While you're kind of right, bluntness does to a good job at getting the point across. Given the quality of this application, I highly doubt he didn't lie about his age, because this is not the kind of application I would ever expect from a 14-year-old.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +334
    eee true I just feel bad about the bluntness. When the criticism is both blunt but also very constructive and directed towards me, I'm fine with it. But I always just feel a jolt of pain whenever I see it at other people, because I don't want to seem mean aaaaa

10. dec

dec New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    e

#10 dec, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  11. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,696
    Fix your capitalization rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

12. Collardian

Collardian Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +351
    he just said he was 14, then proceeded to misspell where he lives

i'm astonished

13. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,109
    Sky_boy198,

Thank you for applying. However, we have decided to reject this application. You can feel free to reapply in two weeks!

14. Roux007

Roux007 Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +207
    Sorry I speak over 4 languages. I dont capitalize everything, and i dont act like a sped online.
    English is my 3rd language, and i didnt learn it until I was 9.

*Lol dont rage*

Bruh you obviously dont know me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.