Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by robmilkshake, Oct 14, 2019.

1. robmilkshake

robmilkshake New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hey Staff, I'm not robmilkshake, I'm Rebootedhibster. I couldn't make a new account, so instead i'll use this one. Now, here is my staff application for today.

1) What is your Minecraft username?
    Well, Note that robmilkshake Is NOT my actual username. The username I am using is Rebootedhibster.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    17 is my age. My timezone is UTC/GMT -5:00 hours (Central Daylight Time)

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    Since I've begun playing here on Ruinscraft, I have played for about 6.5 months now, and I think this is the right time to submit my application.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    How I've helped people? If they had a question that no one else would answer (since they are busy building, or doing whatever), then I would've volunteered to help them in the best was as possible. Sometimes I'm also too busy and don't see other people's questions. Maybe I can look at the chat most of the time I am busy, or at least I could try. In Another Way, whenever a new player joins, I would greet them, then show them around the server. And possibly some building tips. I would tell them the most common commands and how to use them.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    If I could improve the server, I could give building advice/suggestions to people, if I were there. Another way I can improve the server is a time when a certain person is spamming, I would've dealt with it right away, just by muting them for about 3 minutes, or I can tell everyone to input the following command: /ignore [Spammer's name]. That way, people wouldn't get annoyed and keep having to look at the same message over and over again.

As a matter of fact, here's what I would've done if I were the developer of the server:

• I can make a system to where people cant say the same message over and over again due to a 5-minute "same message" cooldown​
      • I can add a "slow mode" feature in chat, like how in YT live streams, slow mode is enabled (sometimes), just so that there is no such thing as "chat flood" (Doesn't apply for VIPs)​
      • I would add custom sound effects to the server (For VIPs only, though. There's always limitations.)​
    Another feature is saving your creations using world edit to the cloud. That way, just in case when you're moving plots, you can select your whole plot just by inputing this command: //pselect plot. This would've been a great feature and allow players to prevent any recreations of their creations.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    Sadly, no, I'm trying my best to help, but if a staff member were to accept this application, I would really appreciate it. I could be a better person.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    And for the final awnser for the final question, You should choose me over anyone else because I would help as much people as possible, but I wouldn't be on all the time, but I'll try. And I can make ruinscraft where people would WANT to be in the server. Take this for example: I can maybe upgrade the spawn, maybe add trees? That would make the spawn a peaceful place. In Other words, I would Love to add some natural landmarks to the spawn, which makes new (or recent) players feel like: "WOW! This server is definitely one of the best ones I've ever been to so far. I don't wanna leave this server!"

I would be online (almost) all the time, and I would give all the people in the world of RuinsCraft the best time they've ever had in their Minecraft life! And, that's why you should choose me over anyone else. "Think before you speak", as they would say...

Staff isn't on frequently, and if you choose me, I would be on, varying in real life, all the time. I can fill in the missing gap for you guys! I can always be there whenever someone is crying for help.

Conclusion
    And that concludes it. My Staff Application. Thanks for your time of reading this application. Hopefully we can make Ruinscraft a GREAT place to spend time! I know I have a not-so-great history in my time in RuinsCraft, but for sure, I will make sure I do. -Rebootedhibster

#1 robmilkshake, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  2. _69420_

_69420_ New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alytra_Unbounded

Alytra_Unbounded New Member

Ratings:
    +21
    I like this a lot! Honestly, the best new application I've seen in a while. Make the question size smaller, just to ease up a little. Write more for numbers 4,5, and 7, because those are what make or break your application. You seem really motivated, and that's what matters! I think you should keep it more formal and use compete sentences as well, this is an application after all. You need to come up with more examples of how you've helped others and why you would be a good fit for staff. Good luck to you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    I'd add more detail and maybe make the questions smaller. Good luck!

5. robmilkshake

robmilkshake New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks!

6. robmilkshake

robmilkshake New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    The best reply I've ever gotten. If you ever submitted an application for staff, I wish you the best of luck! Thanks for the awesome feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  7. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    She has, It's currently under review. I totally agree with what you're saying. Once again, Good luck! Maybe you'll join me, Alytra, and the several other people under review :).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alytra_Unbounded

Alytra_Unbounded New Member

Ratings:
    +21
    I'm so glad you think so!!! It means a ton to me that you bothered to answer - I've written really in-depth comments detailing every little thing needing to be improved and gotten completely ignored. I really hope you join us under review soon!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. robmilkshake

robmilkshake New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Agreed. Hope there's high chances :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. triqdya

triqdya New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Good luck on your application! you seem like you really deserve a chance!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. robmilkshake

robmilkshake New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks everyone for the compliments!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Airsoftlyfe

Airsoftlyfe New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Hopefully! Good luck with this app!

• Like Like x 1
  13. robmilkshake

robmilkshake New Member

Ratings:
    +6

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.