Rejected Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Riverchild33, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Riverchild33

Riverchild33 New Member

Ratings:
    +2

1) What is your Minecraft username?

Riverchild33

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    13, GMT+12

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    Not exactly sure, but I am a new player.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I'm helpful to new players to help them learn functions of the server, and how to enjoy it! I've helped numerous people with learning how to use World Edit, commands to help them message people, or to trust people. I've helped built multiple plots with many people and the outcome has been amazing!

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    There are some bugs I've encountered during my time on Ruinscraft. I especially enjoy Creative, however, there are a few things to work on. I suggestion I have in Creative if your if you have PVP enabled, you should still be able to /p trust someone without disabling it. I also think you could have plot settings, where you could enable or disable things. Like flowing water, instead of having to place water in every single square, PVP mode could be on this too, even who you've trusted your plot too. I think this would be a great addition and very handy for creative users. You would access it by /p settings and maybe in chat, you could click to enable and disable things etc. Minor things like these would make Ruinscraft a lot better! I have also experienced many spammers in chat, and if I was staff I would be there to keep the chat spam free and the players happy!

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    I do not... yet. In fact, this is my first time applying to be staff anywhere, which is why I have no experience.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I'm very mature, despite my age. I have heaps of time to spend on the server. I'm a positive outlet always keen to help players or staff members. Any request or needs I will happily do them! I'm a trustworthy person, ready to devote myself to this server if you see me fit for staff. I'm reliable and can get any task done quickly. Also, I love the Minecraft community, and I love helping it, a reason I'm applying today. I never rage, if I were to leave, I would say my goodbyes and demote myself, not hurt the server. I see myself as a good, positive and helpful member of your team.

Thanks, I hope you consider me!
    Riverchild33

#1 Riverchild33, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I_Never_Play_Mc

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Riverchild,

Nice application. I was just thinking a few things you could work on:
    • Try your best to include a little bit more detail questions 5, 6, &7
    • Focus on question 5 because that's gonna be the game changer. Think of something that will change the server that will always be of use.
    • You are quite a new player, I have seen posted somewhere 4 months is a good minimum. I believe you should aim at least for this!
    Otherwise, good job, and good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Emperyia

Emperyia New Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Just like what MC said, you should make sure you focus on question 5. It's probably the most important (given you have the age and experience which you do.) 6 and 7 also deserve a bit more detail. And just like he said, make sure you've been on RC for 4 months as a minimum. Good luck!

4. Riverchild33

Riverchild33 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the great feedback! I've touched it up, and will probably reapply in 4 - 6 months!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ravvvven_

Ravvvven_ New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    You haven't been declined yet though.

6. Riverchild33

Riverchild33 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well, if I do get denied! :)

7. __north

Retired Staff Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +988
    Hi Riverchild33!

This is a very solid application. I believe that you will be a great candidate in the future! However, since you are new to the server, I'd like to ask you to wait upwards of 3-6 months before reapplying. This is just to ensure that you are committed to the server and familiar with our server, community, and commands.

A few small critiques:
    Try to use specific examples; explain how you approached the situation, how you helped, and how it affected the person. This response is already wonderful but I feel like you could build upon some of the existing ideas! Check out accepted applications for inspiration :-)
    This sentence is a little awkward, although I'm sure it was just a simple mistake. Be sure to scan your application for any small grammatical errors or spelling mistakes.
    This phrase is somewhat cliche. Your maturity shows through your application and you don't have to tell us. I'll quote a piece of advice for creative writing, which is "show, don't tell." By using specific examples, creative points, and formal but engaging language, you will show us that you are a great candidate for staff!

Good luck in your future applications; I look forward to seeing them!

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.