Accepted Staff Application - Replug

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Ultra12, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Ultra12

Helper

Ratings:
    +16
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My username is Replug

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am 17 years old, my time-zone is UTC -8h

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    I have been playing Ruinscraft for roughly 7 months now, somewhat on and off.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    Over my time playing Ruinscraft, primarily McAtlas, I have been able to find ways to help and direct new players that are interested in getting started in McAtlas. For me, this is one of the most important and enjoyable things I can do on the server and whether I'm in a staff position or not, I plan to continue to do so. I remember when I first joined the server learning how to navigate throughout the world and joining and starting a town was quite difficult to figure out alone. I attempt to provide these newer players with this information as well as commands that can pose helpful to them while they are getting started. For example, where to mine, effective ways to earn gold, etc. I also strive to diffuse situations in a calm and respectful matter as effectively as I can and improve everyone's experience overall.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    Over the time I've played on the server, primarily McAtlas, I have thought of some things that I could do to potentially improve the player experience, as well as the server overall.

For Example:
    I would continue to provide as much assistance as possible to everyone who may need it, whether it be a command or dealing with an argument amongst the community. I also would hope to be able to bring my experience on the McAtlas server to play and propose ideas and solutions to issues that affect the community as a whole. Some of these possible changes/ideas include:

1) Throughout the duration of McAtlas, trading has proven to be one of the root aspects of the game as a whole, I propose that this vital part of the game could be improved in a few ways. For example, scamming is still quite a rampant issue among several players and I think a (/trade) command could alleviate these problems. This would allow players to safely and effectively trade with each other making it easier and more enjoyable for all players. Also, allowing trade throughout the entire world, for example, a player in Chicago trading with someone in Beijing which would ultimately promote trade as well as making it more accessible to all.

2) I also have noticed the immense amount of items that get left on the ground throughout the world and ultimately don't despawn if a chunk is unloaded etc. I think adding a clear-item plugin would effectively help w/ the lag issues that are present on the server.

3) The recent events that have been on the server have provided new content and enjoyable experience for the player base, I think perhaps having more of these events would be great for the community and allow for everyone to be more active as a whole.

PS: I actually wrote some feedback on the forums that goes into much more depth into what I think could be improved on the server:
    https://ruinscraft.com/threads/whats-needs-to-change-on-mcatlas.22789/

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    Yes, throughout my several years of playing Minecraft I have had experience moderating as well as configuring/developing several servers. I personally have been able to start and develop a server and gain a fairly decent player-base, around 20 players average, which I learned takes an extreme amount of time and dedication. I truly understand how much work running a server can take and hope to be able to assist in these issues as much as possible..

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    Ultimately, I really enjoy being able to help players and feel like if I were staff I would be able to do that even better. Combined with my experience and overall knowledge of the game I feel like I would be able to have a great impact on the server and community and would love to be able to improve a player's experience to the best of my ability. I also consider myself to be a respectful and understanding person which is very important when dealing with situations that may arise in a helper role. Not sure if this matters, but I also have done a lot of building with teams, as well as written some script, etc. I would definitely be able to help if that was ever a need! Overall, I'm mainly applying to help the server grow and improve it to the best of my abilities, I feel like if I were in a staff position I would have a greater ability to do so.

Thanks for reading!

-Replug

• Like Like x 4
  2. a_cool_pole

Helper

Ratings:
    +64
    Really great application. You ll be a good staff since you re a very helpful,nice and very open to everyone.

3. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    its nice

4. mijo6000

mijo6000 New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Your a very helpfull player

5. Ultra12

Helper

Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks!

6. Ultra12

Helper

Ratings:
    +16
    Thank you!

7. Malyesa

Helper

Ratings:
    +33
    Not to kill your vibe but I'm a bit confused why you're thanking them for these comments given this isn't your application. Maybe I've misunderstood?

8. Lil_Brony07

Lil_Brony07 New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Most likely alts not gonna lie

9. Systemscript

Systemscript Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Ultra12 is replug

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ultra12

Helper

Ratings:
    +16
    Yea, Ultra12 was my original name when I made my forums account. My ign now is replug.

11. silentkidx

silentkidx New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    You sound like a very open and amazing player to be around i hope in the following weeks i can meet you

12. Malyesa

Helper

Ratings:
    +33
    Oh lol just confused me my bad. Don't mind me :P

ps. yeah I'm blind

13. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    How is this still under review?

14. a_cool_pole

Helper

Ratings:
    +64
    congratulations!!!

15. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Congrats on getting accepted!

16. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.