Rejected Staff Application - Ravvvven_ not to be confused with Ravvvven.

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Ravvvven_, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Ravvvven_

Ravvvven_ New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    1. What is your Minecraft username?

My Minecraft user name is Ravvvven_, not to be confused with Ravvvven ( my friend ). My past names have been erinfaymcpherson, yas_arizona, ArizonaNutella_, and my recent user Ravvvven_. Most people know me by ArizonaNutella_ because I changed my name to Ravvvven_ recently.

2. What is your age, timezone, and country?

I am thirteen years old. I know I am younger compared to other staff members, but I do think I am capable of being mature enough to be staff. I live in New York ( United States ). My timezone is eastern time ( GMT - 4 ).

3. How long have you been playing on Ruinscraft?

I don't remember the exact date, but I believe I started somewhere around 2015 or 2016. When I first got onto Ruinscraft, I mostly roleplayed. A few months afterward I started to discover that I enjoy to build.

4. In what ways have you helped people on the server?

I help people by helping them with world edit and building. Whenever someone makes an event for helping to build I usually go and check it out. If someone asks help with world edit I usually give them the command to get the guide book and show them how to do the command ( if I know how ).

5. In what ways would you improve the server?

If I am accepted I would like to add an AFK system. I believe this has been mentioned before, but nothing has been done. I think that after a certain amount of time players should be teleported to a room or lobby. This would keep the server organized and maybe cause less lag in the creative plots considering there wouldn't be any extra people hanging around. I would also like to add the ability to sit on all solid blocks. I know this would be helpful to builders of roleplays or builder in general. Personally, when I am building sometimes I struggle to find creative ways to build something because you can't sit on everything. The last thing I would like to add is /friend and /friend list ( I know this has been mentioned before). I think this very important. Whenever I am online I always have to go through the tab and figure out who is online, that I am friends with. It would be much easier if you could do /friend list to see who your friends with, and who is online.

6. Do you have any experience as a staff member?

I do not have experience being a staff member myself, but I have been friends with Ruinscraft staff and observed the staff in action. I am not quite sure if this counts but I have been co-owner of a server a while back, but it wasn't a huge hit and mostly friends only joined.

7. Why should Ruinscraft choose you?

I think Ruinscraft should choose me because:

1. I have ideas to improve the server. My ideas most likely need to be thought through a little more and tested but I think I am on the right track with them.
    2. I like to socialize with people and make new friends. A good staff member socializes with the members, and and will try to understand them and observe to see how they can improve the server.
    3. I have hosted many roleplays in the past and have experience dealing with different types of personalities.
    4. I have no warns, bans, or mutes. I have a clean record and have no warns from inappropriate behavior.
    5. I have been playing on the server for a few years and I am familiar with it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application! I deeply appreciate it and hope to get accepted!

( Please note that the website says I joined the server today, but I joined the website today. Question 3 states how long I've been playing on the server itself. )

#1 Ravvvven_, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. Ravvvven_

Ravvvven_ New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Just a side note: It says that I joined the server just today but I just made my account on the website today, I joined the server a few years ago.

3. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +505
    Hi! In order to avoid bumping and confusion, consider editing your original posts and comments instead of unnecessarily making new ones in the future! In addition, your usernames are definitely going to be confused. To avoid this important issue occuring, I'd recommend making them stand out from one another a bit more. They can still be similar, but a 1 character difference at the end can be pretty confusing. Good luck on your application!

#3 Izer_, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ravvvven_

Ravvvven_ New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Thank you!!

5. IIIBorealiaIII

IIIBorealiaIII New Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Hey, I think you really have a good shot at becoming staff. Apart from a few things I nitpicked, you have a great application! I think the fonts regarding when you quote the questions could be changed, along with you using a little bit of help from Grammarly. Not saying your grammar is bad, just some sentences are punctuated in a high or excited tone when they really don't have to be. Also your staff application isn't as professional as accepted ones. The use of emoji's and an ultra light hearted tone aren't encouraged from what I know. Think of it as a resume, you want it to be as professional as possible. In conclusion, I think you're a great member of the RC community, and if I was a staff member, I'd surely consider taking you in, despite this application's flaws. Best of luck with your application!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ravvvven_

Ravvvven_ New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  7. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +976
    This isn't a question in the official guidelines; for the sake of accuracy, you can simply remove it or work it into another question.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Ravvvven_

Ravvvven_ New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Removed it.

9. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +976
    Hi Raven!

This is a great application. However, due to some spotty activity over the years, we are a little worried that you may not be able to take on this responsibility full time. I also believe that you could further advance this application by adding more detail to each section and explaining a little more of why you are unique and should stand out :-)

Thank you so much for applying. This is a great application! Good luck in future attempts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ravvvven_

Ravvvven_ New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Thank you! I did have a feelings my activity would be a problem ( I had lots of computer issues ).

11. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +976
    No worries. If you are more consistently active in the future, you have a very good shot at being staff! Thank you so much for applying.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.