Accepted Staff Application [I_Never_Play_Mc]

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by I_Never_Play_Mc, Jul 12, 2019.

1. I_Never_Play_Mc

Helper

Ratings:
    +10
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    I_Never_Play_Mc

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am fourteen years old, my timezone is GMT+12 (NZDT)

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

I joined roughly six months ago(Don't quote me heavily on this) and in that time, I decided to take a small break from Minecraft, because I have had lots more stress coming on me with school.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

Since I have been on Ruinscraft, I have always helped out the new people with all the great commands on the server. For me that's just something that's common and staff or not, everyone should hopefully be willing to give a helping hand. In a way I feel like I have helped the server to be more mature, instead of going into an argument I have learnt to walk away from it and just to ignore the person. I must admit, it's hard at first but eventually the person will move on and all is good. I feel that I have helped people by the ability to be mature and not create more of a hassle for other people or staff to sort out in the chat. As an example, I had a situation where I started an event to hire people for a job(on plots). I didn't expect the amount of people to show up as they did, so there was just this one person that I had to deny, some of it was partially his immaturity, I could see it being a problem in the future. I told him in the most respectful way I could think of that he didn't get the job. Naturally he was a little upset, but then he got angry and started arguing and swearing in local chat. I did my best to calm him down and he did. He was then happy but he kept getting in the way and would not leave my plot so I asked him to leave but he didn't. I ended up just denying him from my plot for a few hours and he even came back to me over global chat asking why I denied his job offer again and why I denied him from my plot, so I took the easy way out and said nothing. It was simple, after about ten minutes he stopped and I moved on, no further problems occurred with this person. I believe I have a unique maturity that could potentially change players attitude around us on Ruinscraft.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    I am just always around to give a helping hand to those who need it. Often I will see those who are having arguments and debates which end up provoking drama. Usually I will stay out of it, giving my current position, but I have always been a problem solver and instead of typing the /warn command I will try resolve it peacefully at a professional standard, with both parties leaving positively from the argument. This is something I believe a lot of staff members(not all), just don't utilise as a tool to dissolve a situation, positivity! And from what I have seen, a lot of other servers don't have this ability as well. If this is something we can fix, this will make our servers staff system fully unique from every other servers staffing system!

There is lots of way to diffuse an argument, I believe some of the best ways are the two following:

1. Get in there early! If you sense something is about to turn from a civil discussion to a heated argument between two players, jump in there early! Instead of this turning from a civil discussion to a heated argument, it will give it the ability to turn from a civil discussion to a laughing matter. I feel this method only works when its the stupid things that are being argued. An example, lets say two people are trying to decide who has built more on there plots and soon it is going to become heated. You jump in there early, make it a joke, and say something like, "come on guys! We all know I have built more than you, hahahaha." From there nothing much more should really need to be said. Things should slide into place smoothly. An example like this hasn't occurred for me, but multiple times similar things have.
    2. This is a bit off topic in a sense but I do a lot of sailing globally. Often we will have arguments on the boat about who it was that didn't do there job properly when something goes wrong. Usually with in five minutes we all settle it with some friendly banter. I believe some friendly banter is always the best way to solve situations, and also works more often than not from past experience. Lets use the same situation we had before, except its already started to get heated, and there is some swearing, name calling, etc. Before putting warn to effect, try this: prior to jumping in and saying something, the best thing to do, is go around to both the players plots and find something you can use to interact with the players on a personal level. For example on player A's plot there is a roller coaster and on Player B's plot there is a aquarium. And for me, I have a lever password door that I am very proud of. I would say something similar to, "Come on guys, I can't believe we are arguing over who has more blocks built on there aquarium and roller coaster and I have the greatest redstone lever password door, of all time mate!". With that, you will still end up needing to say a bit more to at least diffuse the heat of the argument, but soon things will slide right in!

With this, there are so much more other ways to end any types of arguments. Sometimes people end up unhappy but most times people do end up happy! Bringing this positive attitude to these situations will really separate this server from the rest to have its own uniqueness to attract players, and keep the players we all ready have from giving up on us and leaving the server for good!

Just to make it clear one last time, I want to bring my uniqueness to enhance our staffing system and the attitude of players on this server by bringing in a one or two page guide on how to deal with these players to bring a happy ending to 80-90% of arguments that occur. The result of staying how we are now, using the /warn, /mute cmd on players, will just lead to more frustration of players and losing players we already have on our server! This could also damage our reputation when they go to other servers and speak poorly of us. This change will make a huge difference!

One last thing. I would like to mention I am very handy with google spreadsheets. I also have an OCD for making them look really clean and neat, this allows everything to be presented at a high standard. I have previously been a resource developer for a police-role play related game and I have made a police CAD from scratch, a police CAD is a system where all police units, calls, vehicle statuses, person checks, reports information is kept. I have taken the time to make a public roster(PR), user watch list, staff/build application & ban appeal acceptance/denied messages. One last thing that I have made that will be very efficient, is an Argument Management Guide. This can be put into use to help spread some more positivity around the server!

A PR can be used to keep track of all staff's positions, contact info, etc. This can also be seen by the public to see who our current staff are and a way to contact them when needed. As for the user watch list, this can be used a a common rule violator list, that staff can use as a list for people to watch out for. When it comes to the acceptance and denial messages for staff applications, build applications, and lastly, ban appeals, I hope this is all straight forward. Listed below is an example of the above suggestions.

1. (Public-Roster)
    2. (User Offence Watch List)
    3. (Staff Application Acceptance/Denial Messages)
    4. (Build Application Acceptance/Denial Messages)
    5. (Ban Appeal Acceptance/Denial Messages)

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    I used to have a friend who I met in the Minecraft world and he invited me to a server he had been a builder on. The server was relatively small but after I had been there for about two months I was offered a position as a moderator, instead of me applying. I still haven't learnt why, but often I will be breaking up fights between two of the same moderators who were on that server. They told me they thought I deserved it so took the opportunity. Sadly the owner had a legal problem that required most of his money and he had to give up a few things including the money funding the server to get him out of his situation.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

As I have said previously, I am a problem solver and when I am fixing the situation I will always bring a positive attitude encouraging everyone to move on positively(more than not), until the next problem occurs, of course. I am more the type of person who knows when the punishment commands should and should not come to use. I am a national hockey umpire. One thing I learn is blowing a whistle(using the /warn cmd in this case) doesn't solve the problem. "Words speak louder than the whistle", as they say.

Thank you for taking the time to review my application :)
    -Ben

#1 I_Never_Play_Mc, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +505
    Looking good!
    In some constructive criticism, I'd recommend formatting this application a bit better, so that it's not just a block of words.
    Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Ravvvven_

Ravvvven_ New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Your application is good, but I think you went the wrong direction with questions five and seven. Many people can break up a fight. You need something that makes you stand out. Something that you have that other applicants don’t.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Roux007

Roux007 Member

Ratings:
    +183
    Reorginize it a bit with question 4. But you did really well on question 5. Question 5 shows the maturity needed for staff. Good luck друг

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Roux007

Roux007 Member

Ratings:
    +183
    Breaking up a fight isnt easy. It usually leads to something bigger, and thats when staff comes in and people get banned. Its not the fact that he does it, its the . fact that he is willing to do it in the correct manner. I think that was his point.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I_Never_Play_Mc

Helper

Ratings:
    +10
    Thank you all for such great feedback!

Izer, I took on your advice and spaced out each question. I hope it is better now and thank you for the feedback :)

Raven, I agree with you the slightest on question 5, however I only did a small touch up to Q5. As for question 7 I tend to disagree. But thank you for taking the time to read it to give me some feedback!

Roux, I actually fully agreed with what you said about question 4 and just decided to just fully re-answer the question. Thank you for the feedback

I am gonna say one more time to all of you, thank you for your feedback, I hope I took it on the best I could.
    Have a good day guys!

Best Regards
    -Ben :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ravvvven_

Ravvvven_ New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    That makes sense, I didn't see it in that way.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IIIBorealiaIII

IIIBorealiaIII New Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Great application, mate! Honestly, you have a good chance at becoming staff, besides the one grammar mistake and emoji and a bit of formatting issues, you're really good! Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I_Never_Play_Mc

Helper

Ratings:
    +10
    Thank you for the feedback!

I took away the emoji. But I couldn't find the grammar mistake; could you tell me where it is when you get a chance?

As for the formatting, I tend to disagree sorry. I am pretty happy with how it's set out.

Thanks very much though! Happy your apart of my build team on plots as well!

Best Regards
    -Ben

10. IIIBorealiaIII

IIIBorealiaIII New Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Its alright if you disagree with me on a point, I still wish you the best of luck! And the grammar mistake is in bold for me at number 5. It says most capitalized randomly.

Good luck!

11. I_Never_Play_Mc

Helper

Ratings:
    +10
    Oh, are you talking about the CAD and PR?

12. Ayedin

Ayedin New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I like your application! Good Luck friend.

13. I_Never_Play_Mc

Helper

Ratings:
    +10
    Thank you for the support! Good luck yourself!

14. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +976
    Congratulations and welcome to the team!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. I_Never_Play_Mc

Helper

Ratings:
    +10
    It's a pleasure lads :)

thank you to everyone for my feedback!

• Like Like x 2
  16. StupidDrew9

Administrator Developer Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +869
    Congrats!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. I_Never_Play_Mc

Helper

Ratings:
    +10
    Thank you!

18. Zan3y

Helper

Ratings:
    +20
    Congrats. Welcome to the team!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. I_Never_Play_Mc

Helper

Ratings:
    +10
    Thank you! :)

20. Concurrence

Retired Staff Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +268
    I like what you got. Congratulations =)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.