Rejected Staff application by paleles

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by paleles, Jan 4, 2021.

1. paleles

paleles New Member

Ratings:
    +34
    1) What is your Minecraft username? paleles
    https://namemc.com/search?q=paleles+

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am 16 years old and my time zone is GMT-4 (EST)

3) How long have you played on our servers?
    Personally the first time I recall joining the server was way back in 2014-15, through that I was slightly inactive though made a huge resurfacing on plots in 2017. I was on and off though quite active in the community back then, I recall writing lots of books and overall creating items with special tags on them. Along with the added part of mainly being active in chat.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    On atlas I have funded many towns along with giving new players a starting bit of money to create a town, along with notifying those who are new to towny basic commands and such. I have done a slightly damaging though very much informative movement to push players into fixing their towns. Along with locating and destroying duped items and or stashes which could damage the economy further. Though I have been a very toxic individual I am willing to change my ways to better the server as a whole.

On plots most of my time helping the players was done via creating special items unique to their request, helping with builds and or giving feedback on builds. I have helped many players back around 2017 with plots commands and getting the hang of them, though since then I’ve halted my time on plots and moved to atlas. Along with that though I’ve actually helped quite a number of people locate older friends who don’t play much anymore.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    I would be able to help the server by a multitude of things, mainly would be to help new players with their commands if they are new to towny and or just don’t understand how commands work. Also openly able to discuss questions or concerns with the players. With that I am personally one to be keen on discovering exploits and or bugs, in which I can report to the higher ups If they pose a threat to the server. I have used some to my advantage and I am willing to admit that I am a toxic person though as stated prior I am willing to drop that to help the player base in a friendly manner. I have reported various exploits in the past on plots and most were fixed, including one tap weapons and crash sticks/items. Along with a some which weren’t patched with mainly would be the creative kill potions.

A few commands I will recommend to be implemented would be the following;

/Report (Username) (Reason)
    would send a notification to a server channel only visible by staff, the command would have a 1hour cooldown to avoid spamming of it, it would make reporting and dealing with people who may be breaking rules much easier and a SILENT way. As many players can stop doing something once a report is made in a channel all players can view.

/Freeze (player); (if it’s not already implemented, staff command btw)
    A command to freeze the targeted player in place until disabled, could serve well for players who could possibly be cheating or rule breaking to halt their actions.

A local chat, similar to the one on plots for an area of possibly within a claim or plot. The command would be /local seeing as its the same used on plots. Though for towns and or plots, the command has been requested a lot and could be a little fun command to use for getting a message out to those not in the same nation or town in a single area at once.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    I do, I’ve moderated on smaller based servers in the past. Though my work wasn’t extensive as most were closed. A server I did partake in as staff was a small server running 1.5.2 known as FireCraft. Along with another very small server known as CreenCraft and also Beautiful Craft, most only ran 1.5.2 though that was when I stopped playing for quite a bit. I was staff for around a year on Fire, and the rest I had resigned due to inactivity.

I actually know about a few working and ongoing very server damaging exploits which I can bring to light, seeing as they are capable of server wide chaos I will not be notifying what they are in the application

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I would say that I am friendly and outgoing though I would hate to lie, yes. I am toxic and I have done damage though personally I am able to change my ways if it ensures the betterment of the server. I am also very active, if you have been on recently you might have noticed me online. Along with personal experience of commands I can help the higher ups who don’t have lots of time to be on with glitches or exploits among the server. Seeing as I’ve utilized these same exploits and issues on other servers I feel as if it could be brought to attention when discovered easier.

I understand if my acts and or general way of interacting on the server may nullify the positives, and I am understanding if the application is rejected as of that reason. Thank you for reading and enjoy your rest of the day/night.

#1 paleles, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Demadunk

Demadunk Member

Ratings:
    +81
    Decent staff app no jokes aside, but this is going to be a rollercoaster on the forums.

Strap yourselves in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. aaquamarine

Helper

Ratings:
    +149
    haha everyone is making staff apps

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +2,048
    its actually not that bad lol but with pinfo I dont think u can make it

this is gonna be weird lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. TheTrueMunchkin

Ratings:
    +86
    Im down

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +1,045
    im downer more down
    i have downs
    i
    down
    hell
    we down man
    this app is down
    its in the ground
    jk it doesnt suck
    jk idk i didnt read it
    but imagine angy at joke and disagree
    not staf wortjy
    is cring bro ngl

#6 Izer_, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. paleles

paleles New Member

Ratings:
    +34
    K

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Evox74c

Evox74c New Member

Ratings:
    +35
    Give the man staff, what could possibly go wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. n0name

n0name New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    ngl didnt like the dude at first but hes a grower not a shower so thumbs up from me

10. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,138
    Paleles,

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately, we have decided to reject this application. Feel free to reapply in two weeks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +295
  12. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +1,045
    hhe is mega cringe

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.