Under Review Staff Application #3

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Doggi, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +20
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My Minecraft username is sqdf.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am 16 years old, and my timezone is GMT -5.

3) How long have you played on our server?
    I have played on Ruinscraft for 1, maybe 1 and a half years. I think I have been on actually for longer, but I am not sure. All I know is that I was on a little before creative infinite came out.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I have helped people in a few different ways. Most of the time, it is giving out commands and helping with worldedit on creative plots. I also try to welcome newer players. On the forums, I sometimes leave comments on other staff applications, to encourage the players or respectfully point out an issue with the application. I believe that, by taking on the helper role, I could enhance player experience even more than I try to do now.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    I have a few ideas for things that could be added to the server to make the player’s experience more enjoyable.

Plots
    Add a command like /p block. This command would block specific words on a plot. This could be used to stop spamming in local chat, and help eliminate cussing on someone’s plot.
    /p admin would be an upgrade to /p trust. If a plot owner made you an admin on their plot, it would allow the player to add, trust, or deny other players. It would also give the player the ability to create events on the plot. If the player abused this plot rank, they could be demoted using /p demote.
    /globalcolor is a feature that maybe only VIPs could use. It would allow you to change the color of your name in global chat.

Skyblock
    • Not many people play skyblock anymore, but I think that another way for players to donate would be to add skyblock money to the store. This would allow players to donate to the server and get skyblock money.

MCAtlas
    I don’t play MCAtlas much, but I still have a couple ideas for it.
    • You should have to double tap the drop button to drop things, or double click to put the item in an item frame. This feature could be disabled if the player didn’t like it, but I believe it could solve the problem of players dropping things accidentally and someone else picks it up and won’t give it back.
    • I think there should also be a command that helps players with trading, so that no one can intrude on the trade and pick up the items.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other servers?
    I really only have experience moderating a really small server that me and a friend created, but even though I don’t have much experience, I believe that I am mature and ready to take on the helper role for Ruinscraft.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    Now, I’ll admit that I’m not a perfect player. I have gotten some warnings in the past. But I believe that I have grown as a person, and I am more mature. I don’t hold myself higher than any other player, but I believe I should be chosen because I feel that I am understanding. Instead of jumping to conclusions, I will try to hear the other sides of the story. If I do meet a rule breaker, I will try my best to hand out a fair punishment, and try to come to a positive solution for everyone. I have made many friends and had lots of fun on Ruinscraft, and I want to help more players have a similar experience. I believe that I could be a positive addition to the staff team.

Something else I would like to include is that, due to some personal issues, I cannot log onto the server every day, and the most days I will be off the server would be maybe 5 to 7 days. I do try to be active on the forums daily, though.

#1 Doggi, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +20

3. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Oh shoot that wasn’t supposed to happen, sorry about that.

4. a_cool_pole

a_cool_pole Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Your application is really great. I recommend explaining some stuff better .for instant with which commands did you help.

Overall your application was fun to read and was mostly elaborate and eloquent.

I also hope you'll have the chance to work as an staff

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Thank you :)

6. a_cool_pole

a_cool_pole Member

Ratings:
    +56
    You're welcome :)

7. kamiheartlemon

kamiheartlemon New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Your application is very well set out in terms of how it looks, especially #5, In addition it is easy to read with no noticable grammar issues.

However my only feedback to improve is much more detail on #7, #4. The RC staff would most likely want to know much more about you as a person and what positive impact you will have on the server.

Anyways I wish you luck with your application as from what I know you are a kind player that would be great in the position of a Helper. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks for the feedback!

9. luca

luca New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Good luck

10. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks! :D

11. a_cool_pole

a_cool_pole Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Congrats on under review!

12. Doggi

Doggi Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks! Halfway there!

13. Roux007

Roux007 Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +187

Ive reviewed staff apps for a few years now. This one is solid, and to the point. Could use some cleaning up, but otherwise solid.

Ive submitted 12 apps (From 2016-2018), my last 4-5 got accepted, but since I'm prone to taking long random breaks. they eventually got declined.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.