Rejected Staff Application (#2)

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Ultra12, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Ultra12

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +16
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My username is Replug, it was previously Ultra12.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am 17 years old, my time-zone is UTC -8h

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    I have been playing Ruinscraft for roughly 2 months now

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    During my time playing on the Ruinscraft server, I find myself consistently being able to provide help, particularly with commands. Having a lot of experience with configuring and using Towny/plots plugins has allowed me to almost be able to answer any question a player might have. I often find there isn't someone available or rather willing to assist a new player and I find by being that person I can make a players experience on the server, even if just a little, better overall.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    Over the time I've played on the server, primarily McAtlas, I have thought of some things that could potentially improve player experience.

For Example:

1) Though I do believe this is currently a work in progress I feel like adding a war plugin would be a great addition to the McAtlas server. I have noticed that this is quite a conversational idea among the player-base but I do sometimes find myself without something to do or participate in on the server and this would be a great option when it comes to filling that gap. To go along with this, perhaps adding different weapons or vehicles to the game: guns, knives, cannons, ships, etc. may provide a new and exciting experience for players.

2) Recently, I have noticed that scamming when trading or selling items has become more prevalent within the community and perhaps a trading plugin may be able to resolve this issue entirely.

3) I think one of the most needed additions to the server would be the End. I know this idea has been brought up several times but after 2 months of uptime, I think it would be a great addition and provide a new experience for all players.

PS: I actually wrote some feedback on the forums that goes into much more depth into what I think could be improved on the server:
    https://ruinscraft.com/threads/whats-needs-to-change-on-mcatlas.22789/

Also:

I have noticed that a lot of the time there aren't staff typically present on the McAtlas server. Unfortunately, this has led to constant chat flood and other misdemeanors that I hope I could be able to assist in resolving, I would attempt to do so as much as possible. I feel like I am always able to lend a helping hand to newer players in need of information or assistance in getting started and feel I am quite good when it comes to resolving situations and moderating chat/the server in general. After playing McAtlas since release I feel like I have a deep knowledge of commands and how the server works that could be of a lot of help to new players as well as typical players in terms of commands, or just some advice on getting started.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    Yes, throughout my several years of playing Minecraft I have had experience moderating as well as configuring/developing several servers. I personally have been able to start and develop a server and gain a fairly decent player-base, around 20 players average, which I learned takes an extreme amount of time and dedication.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    Personally, I have no intentions of becoming staff in order to have power or superiority over other players. Truly, I really enjoy being able to help players and feel like if I were staff I would be able to do that even better. I feel like I could really help to make a difference in the lack of moderation/assistance that is currently provided on the server. Combined with my experience and overall knowledge of the game I feel like I would be able to have a great impact on the server and community and would love to be able to improve a players experience to the best of my ability. Not sure if this matters, but I also have done a lot of building with teams, etc. would definitely be able to help if that was ever a need.

Thanks for reading!

-Replug

2. Airsoftlyfe

Airsoftlyfe New Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +343
    I do believe this could use more detail on a few of the points. But in all, good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ultra12

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for the advice!

5. northikoto

Ratings:
    +1,124
    Bumping so that it doesn't get lost / forgotten.

6. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +1,248
    Congrats on getting under review!

7. Malyesa

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +131
    Hey, congrats! I love your application!

8. ZavidLife

Ratings:
    +74
    Hey, we appreciate you applying for staff but we are rejecting your application in hopes your reapply with new ideas and some more personality! Good luck!

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.