Rejected Staff application 1

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by xMoon_ii, Jun 24, 2020.

1. xMoon_ii

xMoon_ii New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    1. My Minecraft username is xMoon_ii and I do not plan on changing it for a while because it might cause some confusion to the server.
    2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    2. I am currently 15 years old and my time zone is the UK / BST.
    3) How long have you played on our servers?
    3. I have played on Ruinscraft for quite a while now. In total I would say around 3 years but it's a possibility that i've played for a bit longer/shorter. I really hope to be able to stay on Ruinscraft for as long as I can because it’s a great place to be and I have met so many friends that have helped me from day one.
    4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    4. I've tried my best to help any people that are new to Ruinscraft. I also like to go around and see if people need help building on their plot and see how their day has gone so far and even make new friends. I've made many new friends by doing this too. I tend to respond to people in /local if they need help with things too quite often.
    5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    5. I would improve the server by trying my best to keep away any spammers and any people that aren't being nice. I would also try to make sure nobody's sad so it keeps everyones mood great and make sure they are feeling good about themself. Finally, I would also try to keep anyone who is disrespecting others or even making fun of them in-control.
    I would also like to add /sit and /lay as seen on other applications. I have been in past servers that have this and I really like the feature instead of only being able to sit on slabs, carpet and stairs. I think it would be a really good idea and you could do lots of things with it. But if people use it in an innapropriate way then they would have to have a warning or something that would hopefully get them to stop.
    I have seen many people say that they also want /dab back and I personally think it's an alright idea but I think it would be a bit annoying having a notification popping up every now and then on your screen saying someone dabbed. But it's a possible add to the server.
    Personally, I’d also find it cool if we could have a command where if people go to your event they automatically get /p add. But to turn it on you would have to do /event perms on. Then to turn it off you would have to do /event perms off. But this might be a bit too much to add in so it’s fine if not.
    6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    6. Sadly I don't have any experience of staff on other servers but I am currently trying my best to stick to one server for now that I like in many ways (Ruinscraft) so I don't get mixed up with any problems and stuff like that.
    7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    7. Personally, I would say to pick me because I am online around 6/7 days a week as I like seeing my friends and making friends with newer players! I would also say that I am a quick responder to people in need. So if someone /msg’s me I will try my best to respond to them as quick as possible and think about what I’ve put making sure it all makes sense and there’s no spelling errors. Next, I would rate my grammar around a 9/10. Since being in servers that you have to use grammar in I have just started using it much much more and become better at it! My punctuation is quite good too because I feel like if I don’t use it my sentences don’t look neat which is how I want them to look. I’d also say to pick me because I love helping others.

Thank you for reading this, I am sorry if I spelt any words incorrectly or some of it doesn't make much sense. -xMoon_ii

#1 xMoon_ii, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  2. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +212
    Okay, so this is just pretty short, I think you need more infortmation at 5 about ways to improve the server (ideas) of commands and stuff.

Overall you need more information on everything, and try to read other accepted applications in order to see, that your application is very short. I think you need more detail in 4 about ways you have helped people, such as more detailed examples? You should also add more detail about how you will take a load off of current staff members in 5 as well. You could also add 1 or more paragraphs to 7, as it seems a bit too short in that it explains some things you already said, but you need to have a bit more traits, as you can say thrown in. Such as showing dedication or loyalty perhaps?

• Like Like x 1
  3. xMoon_ii

xMoon_ii New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, thanks for the advice. I have added a bit more to it now and hope to get accepted but it's fine if not.

4. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    Thats what she said

5. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +212
    ANOTHER TIP, Do not reuse ideas from other applications! Your application should have original ideas.

6. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +212
    I think you really should ask someone who knows lots about staff applications to teach you, it's hard to explain everything for me w8aihdqawd

7. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +730
    Def recommend a little more experience on the forums, gl.

8. xMoon_ii

xMoon_ii New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you. :)

9. northikoto

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +1,022
    xMoon_ii,

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately, we have decided to reject your application. You may reapply in two weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +212
    RIP, better luck next time! :)

#10 Ieclen, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.