Rejected Staff Aplication

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Ghostslayer404, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Ghostslayer404

Ghostslayer404 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    1) What is your in-game Minecraft Username?
    Ghostslayer404

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 13 years old, I live in Houston Texas. That means my timezone is GMT -5:00

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    I have been playing for about a month now, though only on mcatlas
    4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

Well, I am usually on mc atlas and I help out the newer players understand how to play by giving them help on commands and getting started on making or joining a town. I also have helped people in the hub who had issues they were talking about in the hub and such.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

I would help reinforce the laws of mcatlas, and I would do my absolute best to help cut down the number of rule-breakers who avoid punishment. I would also be pretty active most of the time because sometimes it seems that the staff is never active when they are needed. I am also very active in chat and am a great people person, so I can help someone respectfully and maturely.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    I do not have any staff experience, though I have some leadership experience by becoming one of the top ranks in JROTC

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I would make a great addition to the server, plus I would be respectful, active, and helpful, and overall, if you accept me as a staff member I would do great things and make a fine addition to the team

2. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +510
    Looking pretty!

Here are some tips and some points I thought you could improve:
    -A month isn't very much experience. Waiting at least six months after starting up on the server is recommended before applying. I'd also recommend getting more general experience, like getting to know the forums, Discord, and Ruinscraft community, instead of just MCAtlas.
    -I would suggest adding some detail to questions 4, 5, and 7. These are the most important questions that often define the result of an application.
    -I think it's a little naive to say you "help newer plays" when you yourself are such a recent addition to this server's collection.
    -Some of the capitalization could be improved. "MCAtlas" is usually all capitalized or up to the "A".
    -Some of the formatting is inconsistent.
    -Even if you haven't changed your name since joining the server, listing your previous usernames or hyperlinking the NameMC URL is often recommended.

Anyways, it's great to see MCAtlas attracting new members to the server, and I wish you good luck!

3. __north

Retired Staff Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +988
    Hey Ghostslayer404,

Great application! You have some great examples and points of why you would be a helpful addition to the staff team. However, Izer_ does make some really great points. Any critiques that I have of your application mirror his response. I'd recommend taking a little more time to play the server, as well as improving some of the grammar and spelling in your application. More detail never hurts!

Good luck on future applications! Keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.