Rejected SplayBlowfish staff application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by SplayBlowfish, Aug 9, 2020.

1. SplayBlowfish

SplayBlowfish New Member

Ratings:
    +13
    1. What is your Minecraft Username?

SplayBlowfish

2. What is your timezone and age?

my timezone is gmt +0 or +1 (depending on what time of year it is) and i am 17

3. How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

around 8 months

4. In what ways have you helped people on the server?

when i first joined the server in December just after making the move from bedrock edition to java i barely knew how to work the controls let alone understand the towney commands like /t spawn but peoples generosity on the server helped me to understand the game, something which i try to do on the server today to help other people (although i can be a bit quiet in general chat sometimes).
    i also was the main person who overhauled the UN discord to turn it into a place where nations could communicate and help each other.
    i also headed the community effort for building the Scandinavian parliament building which was somewhere the different towns in the nation could meet and communicate (although it never got used due to the nation merging with another. i also strive to keep the economy healthy on the server and for more trading of recourses on the server by buying in most of the materials used in my town and always giving a fair price for them.

5. in what ways would you improve the server?

firstly i would like to see a way for peoples warnings to be removed after a certain amount of time so that they don't end up with a large amount of them which can confuse players for why they have not seen any punishment for all these warnings.
    another thing i would like to see is on the dynamap after 30 minutes of the portal being spawned it highlights an area of where the portal is somewhere inside of it because by then portal coordinates have already been leaked and if it hasn't been found it gives the players a little helping hand.
    another thing i would like to see something i call "allied nation chat" which is basically if two nations are allied on the server one nation owner could send a request to open a chat to the other nation owner which they can either accept or deny then players from both nations can communicate with each other.

6. Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I'm going to be honest i don't have much experience being staff other than holding some high up places on some discord servers as well as in previous nations and the current nation i am in now.

7. Why should we choose you over anyone else?

well firstly from being a player who has been on the server for a decent amount of time i have a good relationship with some of the older players on the server and also the new players on the server.
    i also have a good relationship with lots of the players in Europe on the server from me spending a lot of time there on the server and also becoming one of the 3 European representatives for the League of Nations which players had to vote representatives in.
    i also have a good relation with places all over the world on the server through the UN meetings and talking to players on the server i may never have had.
    i have also always tried to be kind to anyone and everyone in my 8 months on the server (even if they have not been towards me) and i always try to better myself.
    now i'm going to be honest these a things i think make me qualified for the role even if i don't know if i am worthy for being a staff member or others think i am but that is the reason for applying for something.

Thankyou for reading my application.

#1 SplayBlowfish, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  2. PVP_Builder

Ratings:
    +1,249
    SplayBlowfish,

Thank you for applying. We regret to inform you that we are going to reject this application. You may reapply in two weeks.

3. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +290
  4. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +612
    Hello! I'm Ieclen HERE TO REVIEW UR APPLE!!!

Format
    This is a biggie, there are a lot of grammatical and spelling errors in this application. I'd say you need to get some sort of spell-check, Grammarly recommended!
    Try to be straight to the point if you are trying to write a more professional application
    The story, at the beginning of the quote is unnecessary to me, unless you are making a casual application. But from what I've gathered you seem to be leaning towards the professional side of applications.
    Focus on your positive traits
    I know you are just trying to be modest in the end of this quote, however it makes you seem like you aren't confident with yourself. Make sure to portray yourself better in your application, and overall in game.
    Turn this into a list
    For example:
    1. Warning expiration I think warnings should eventually be expired, so then people don't get confused about why there are no severe punishments in correlation with these warnings.
    2. Highlighting of the area around the portal After 30 minutes of the end portal being summoned, it could be smart to develop a way to find the vague area of it on MCATLAS's Dynamic Map.
    3. Allied nation chat If two nations are allied on MCATLAS one of the leaders of one of the nations that are allied message another with something that seems similar to conversations on the forums. It could be displayed like how /mail is displayed. You can also send players from each nations as "ambassador" like figures into the chat, allowing them to read and message within it.
    Use 7 to make it about your productive traits
    Since you are 17, you have probably been through applying for colleges. Because of this, I think it would be easy to culminate the strategies used in those applications into this type of application's end. Use your experiences on the server to form character traits about yourself that make you seem productive, and a good candidate.
    Talk about your real-life experiences with leadership
    If you have any jobs, or positions in school clubs such as student council, or anything similar, talk about it in your application. This will help show your experience with being professional.

TL;DR
    Fix your grammatical and spelling errors. Be straight to the point. Don't talk about any of your negatives, unless it's a built in feature of your application. Turn #5 into a list. Turn #7 into something about your productive traits and real-life job experience.

Final words
    In honesty, I have seen you on occasionally, however I have never seen or heard about your reputation as a player. This is something you can work on. Remembering that it's not all about the application is important to becoming a good applicant. Build a positive reputation, and interact with as many people as you can. Become active and experienced with forums, show your abilities as a person and build off of it. Good luck!

-iecl out

5. SplayBlowfish

SplayBlowfish New Member

Ratings:
    +13
    yeah older players will probably know me more than newer players

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +1,002
    Lol what do you mean, you've played for 8 months.

7. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +612
    First off, bump also I've played since 2017 :(:(:(:(:(:(:( I"M NOT NEW AM I??????
    (edit) not a bump sorry AAA

#7 Ieclen, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. SplayBlowfish

SplayBlowfish New Member

Ratings:
    +13
    i mean old on mcatlas like the servers been up for a year and a bit now

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +1,002
    He replied to your comment, and it was only 7 days, so no, not a bump.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +612
    oof well yeah but in staff apple isnt it a bump? sorry for confusion

11. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +1,002
    Nope, only a bump if you comment to bring attention to your post, not if you reply. Pretty sure I brought this up before.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +612
    Didn't know that, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.