Accepted SpektrSoyuz staff application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by SpektrSoyuz, Nov 29, 2019.

1. SpektrSoyuz

Helper

Ratings:
    +21
    1) What is your minecraft username?
    SpektrSoyuz, and it most likely won't change.
    https://namemc.com/profile/SpektrSoyuz.1

2) What is your age and timezone?
    I am 15 years old, my time zone is EST (Eastern Time) or (UTC -5) for the fancy people.

3) How long have you played on ruinscraft?
    I have played on this server (on and off at various times) for about 4 years.
    Edit: I joined in december of 2014, so that makes it almost 5 :)

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    Throughout the time I have played on this server I've helped various people with commands or features on the server. More recently I have helped people with towny on MCAtlas since I have a lot of experience with the plugin. I also help people with building on other servers if they need it. However I'm not always online so I'm not able to help 24/7.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    The first thing that I would do is continue to assist and help players on the server. I have a few ideas for the server in the mind if I ever get the ability to suggest them or implement them, which will be mentioned below.

I have intermediate experience in Java coding as the lead programmer for our robotics team. I also know some basics for Spigot plugins, so I could help in the future if there is an open position. There are a few ideas that if I could implement I would do so which would benefit the community greatly:

The first feature I would add is custom colors for /rpname (Plots and Infinite). This would allow greater creativity to names in local chat and would most likely be locked to VIP 6, since the command /localcolor is already a VIP 5 feature. This would work the same as localcolor, with you being able to choose between the Essentials colors system.

The second feature I would add is a safety measure for gold when a town or nation is deleted in MCAtlas. This would involve returning the amount of gold lost in a town or nation's bank when it is deleted to the founder (or the capital city's bank for nations). If there is no inventory space for the gold, it would be kept in a virtual bank for around 30 days where the player could collect it via a command.

Another small feature that would be useful is the ability to spend gold blocks when creating a town or depositing gold to make it much easier so it doesn't require lots of inventory space. As of writing this I am pretty sure this isn't possible, but it might change in the future.

The last feature I would want to add (for MCAtlas) is a shop command which would allow players to set up a shop similar to the plugin SignShop where they could click on a sign and/or a chest to buy an item inside while depositing gold into the town's bank. This would stop some scamming between players (obviously not completely) and help the economy a lot.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    I have a fair amount of experience as staff or a developer on other servers, but the servers were mostly small and/or hosted by my friends. This also includes servers that I have owned and worked on myself, but never had an active player base.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    Working with other people and helping others is something I love to do. I believe that I have some abilities and knowledge that would be useful for the server in the future, and I would also love to possibly help with coding and/or development on projects like MCAtlas and beyond. I don't have the best history on ruinscraft in the past, but I have improved and I want to serve the community as best as I can. School is under-way and so is robotics so I don't always have time to be on, but when I am I would try to help as much as possible!

I have always loved this server and its community (even if I wasn't active). It was time well spent and now I want to give back by helping not just the server but the people too. I thank anyone who wishes to support me and I hope that I can be a helping hand on the staff team in the future!

#1 SpektrSoyuz, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +102
    I would recommend adding more detail to question 7. Overall this is a great application. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SpektrSoyuz

Helper

Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks for the feedback! Good luck to you as well!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. robmilkshake

robmilkshake New Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Wow! What a nice application, but there's one thing...
    Just need to add a little more detail to question 7, and your good to go, m8!
    Best of luck in the future!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SypxnYT

SypxnYT New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey I agree with PVP here nice application just add detail to question 71

6. ZavidLife

Ratings:
    +38
  7. SpektrSoyuz

Helper

Ratings:
    +21
    Thank you!

8. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +102
    Congrats! There's been a lot of good staff applications recently, and this one is one of them. You've been an awesome person from what I can tell from your forum and server activity. The server is definitely in good hands with people like you!

• Like Like x 1
  9. robmilkshake

robmilkshake New Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Congrats for being on staff so quickly!!

10. Alytra_Unbounded

Alytra_Unbounded New Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Yeah, congratulations!

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.