Rejected SpectreLegions's Helper Application (Attempt Three)

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by SpectreLegion, Mar 15, 2018.

1. SpectreLegion

Helper

Ratings:
    +55
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My current Minecraft In-game Name is SpectreLegion, I have no intent to change this in the future. However, you will be informed should the situation arise.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    My current age is 15, and my timezone is Eastern-Standard Time.

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    I have been playing on RuinsCraft for roughly a year, maybe more, maybe less. I have not been keeping track. However, I had been on the server under a different alias about 2 or 3 years ago. However, I`m not sure anyone would remember the in-game name I would provide if asked.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I have helped others on the server by providing emotional/moral support if necessary (Basically being that person you can talk to.), helping players with building in some cases, and in others I will occasionally tell players commands if they have forgotten them. I have also provided advice, and reported offenders. I have also provided advice for staff applications. (See SpuddyTheHero`s Application.)

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    I would help the server in these distinct ways:

A) Provide assistance with commands if requested, Keep spamming and all to a minimum, check griefed plots, resolve arguments, etcetera.

B) Provide moral/psychiatric/emotional support when necessary. By this I primarily mean: "If you're having a hard time, I am somebody you can talk to", but can also mean that I can defuse situations that are escalating out of control, etcetera.

C) Provide additional ideas for additions to the server, and provide recommendations for logistical improvements, if asked. For Example, some possible additions are: /p kick, /friendlist, /ignore, /plot butcher (kills all entities on a plot), /plot toggle (Example: Potions) Would allow players to choose if they allow items or potions to be thrown on their plot), /claim modify (which would allow someone to modify their borders on Infinite), /is preset (Allows player to add a preset building to their Island, perhaps a VIP-only feature.) I acknowledge some of these are not original, but I tried.

D) Possibly add a way that other players on the server can vote for new features, like a ballot system, if possible. An example of this possibly being used is in the addition or removal of new features in plots/skyblock, etcetera. Say the staff wanted to add a new feature. Players would have the ability to vote on this feature, either to decline it or accept it, based on community-based approval.

E) Add a player-based reward system that only applies to recently-online players that rewards those that do not break the rules or break them rarely. One such example of this is, say, Choiices gets warned once over the course of the month, perhaps he gets some sort of accolade for this? I'm not sure of the exact reward systems to be applied.
    (And I'm out of ideas for now. I may think of more later.)

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    On a couple small servers, yes. I don`t remember the names or IPs however. (Bear in mind, these servers never got off the ground. Take this as you will.) On these servers, I was primarily in the Moderator position, and would work with the Owner on adding plugins, etcetera. I would also do the basic Moderator stuff, like warning/muting, etcetera.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I believe I may not be the best choice of those you`ve received applications from, but I would say I am a better choice due to my personality. I am calm, collected, intelligent, and it`s usually difficult to annoy or anger me unless you hit a personal nerve. For these reasons I would be better than most applicants. I am also more mature than most you likely receive, as over reviewing others` staff applications, I have noticed most are 14 and younger. Additionally, my belief in truth, no matter how cheesy that sounds. I believe that everyone should get what they deserve, and that includes punishments. As for another reason, I am on almost constantly, and would be able to keep most trouble down with high efficiency. I also have skill in de-escalating situations. As for other reasoning, I am well-liked by most of the community as far as I`m aware, as no major incidents have happened in which people have come out disliking me, personally.

Bear in mind: I would not be surprised nor offended were I to get rejected.

Thank you for reading my application, and I hope you have a good day.
    -SpectreLegion

#1 SpectreLegion, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. 1K2C3M

Helper

Ratings:
    +31
    I could tell that you actually put time and effort into this! Love the detail you put into your application and because of these thing I feel like its one of the best applications I've read in a long time. But,
    If you could add more detail on what did you do as a staff member on these server's! Good luck!

Edit: Another thing, the warnings you have gotten in the past might affect your staff application being accepted, one of the warnings being racism and inappropriate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SpectreLegion

Helper

Ratings:
    +55
    Thanks for the advice regarding the application, and as for those warnings, the one regarding racism was a joke about the 1920s police force in Canada, which was taken in a way I did not intend. The warning for being inappropriate I do not remember, but thank you for the heads up!

4. 1K2C3M

Helper

Ratings:
    +31
    No Problem

5. SpectreLegion

Helper

Ratings:
    +55
    ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SpectreLegion

Helper

Ratings:
    +55
    Noted that my app was Rejected, but with no reference or advisory left by staff. Out of curiosity, why was I rejected, and what can I do to improve?

• Funny Funny x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.