Rejected SpacePoseidon's Staff Application: Episode 3

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by SpacePoseidon, Nov 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +273
    Question 1: What is your Minecraft Username?

My in-game username is CationicAIIah385, which is obviously temporary and was for a joke. I will change it back to spaceposeidon when I can.

Question 2: What is your age and time zone?

As of writing I am currently 13 years of age, and my time zone is EST, (Eastern U.S).

Question 3: How long have you played on the server?

About 8 months, about to be 9 in a few weeks. To be more specific I joined February 16/17.

Question 4: In what ways have you helped people in the server?

Throughout the several towns that I've owned, I've always treated new residents with as much respect as possible. I'd give them diamond/iron armor and tools to help them start out, and a free house to settle in. This may seem too much for a regular town member but back then I was incredibly focused on whether or not my residents were comfortable in my town. When I owned the Soviet Union and Victoria, I would treat my citizens with care and offer them gold to improve their town. I've taught them commands and how towny works too.

When I was leaving the server for a while, I gave away all of my items including things that were extremely valuable including wither skeleton heads, beacons, and historical items. This was hosted publicly and there was around 12 people who were given items for free. Some of them being newer players who got a head start from some of the items that they picked up.

Question 5: In what ways would you improve the server?

Chest shops:

I would implement a chest shop plugin, they would make trading incredibly easier and quicker. It would cut the requirement for complex redstone structures, and would reduce the stress of having to arrange a meeting to sell or buy items.

Discord Suggestions Bot:

I would implement a suggestions bot into the official Ruinscraft Discord server. That way you can scroll through suggestions in one channel without having to skip through conversations, and see how much people liked or disliked the suggestion which would greatly increase the community's voice in ideas and updates. It would be more organized, and there will be a channel purely for discussion. The bot I'd recommend using is Carl Bot.

Reset Quartz:
    Self explanitory, no quartz = no shiny buildings :(. It takes someone to travel thousands of blocks just to find a few Quartz, it's not worth the trouble.

Remove the Combat Log rule:
    I find it ridiculous to ban someone for logging out of PvP. Yes it is an act of cowardice but punishing them with a ban is too far. I'd recommend adding a plugin that kills someone if they log out of PvP within 10 seconds.

Queston 6: Do you have any experience as staff on any other server?

As far as I can remember, no. Maybe in some instances I was involved in a server's development, but not staffing. However, it's not like staffing requires years of experience, no? As long as someone can interpret the rules in a fair manner, and handle things accordingly they are fit to be a staff member.

Question 7: Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I believe I have the time frame to deal with reports as quick as possible. I try to look at things in a neutral light, and try to find answers. I try to be calm and rational when dealing with troubling situations. I look for context when there is none. I believe I can serve as a great staff member.

Thank you for reading my staff application, I try to keep my past behind me, and realize that it is simply unacceptable to act the same way I did in the past. Hopefully this gets accepted and I can help make Ruinscraft great again. Thanks and have a great day/night.

#1 SpacePoseidon, Nov 4, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +312
    go vote stop making staff applications

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. Ninjacreeper14

Ratings:
    +133
    Wait your spaceposeidon? Then what happened to cationicgold?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. aaquamarine

aaquamarine Member

Ratings:
    +117
    kayne 2020

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. VampZmain

VampZmain Member

Ratings:
    +163
    I've seen you changing a lot. You have changed for the better, so I would support your application.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Bunny_Rabbits

Bunny_Rabbits Member

Ratings:
    +258
    I support your application
    I like your chest shop idea and you alternative the the pvp currant rules which can lead to arguments because, what exactly is a 'potential pvp situation'.
    You are an active person and you inspired me to talk for my self and my brother.
    You also changed as you matured which I could see for example when you set up the dogbat call, making for a fair member of staff.
    You seemed to be able to understand our recent case where many others could not and you were at least prepared to look at our side of it.
    You were the only one who noted that ChildKind was a substantiated organization that had been there for years.
    That means you are good at investigating unlike others who only wanted to see the negative points.
    Well done and good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +163
    Make him staff

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tajeks

Tajeks Member

Ratings:
    +100
    lol yes lets give staff to a toxic 13 year old

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +273
    toxic?

10. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +273
    simply fake news. stop spewing nonesense mr. fern.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. aaquamarine

aaquamarine Member

Ratings:
    +117
    i'm the joker baby

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +273
    i agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Benjiii1

Benjiii1 New Member

Ratings:
    +49
    You were very inactive for quite a while in like June and July

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Benjiii1

Benjiii1 New Member

Ratings:
    +49
    You agreed with me and my entire family and close friends... 100% staff worthy without a doubt never question you once

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +273
    I guess? Still doesn't change the fact I've been technically playing since February 16/17.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +273
    where did she say that I agreed with her and her family? I simply tried to find evidence of them being real or fake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +374
    He literally doesn’t play on this server why are y’all supporting this lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +273
    if I get staff I'll get on to monitor the server and listen to reports.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. hallucinationman

hallucinationman Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +374
    The problem is you haven’t been active on this server for months now? I’m pretty sure to be staff you need to actually play the server beforehand. They obviously don’t play while they have staff but they have to have the activity to get it

20. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +273
    i've been online for the past weeks, maybe months. what do you mean. I just didn't care about nations and stuff and was just interacting with chat.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.