Rejected [Serious] Tombonie dupe incident

Discussion in 'User Reports' started by _69420_, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    First of, I want to clarify that I think I 100% deserve the 40-day ban for distributing duped items.

Anyway, if I’m going to be banned for distributing duped items, it should be Tombonie too. He was the one who got the shulker box full of beacons from Onder. He KNEW it was duped and he just gave it to me. That would count as distributing duped items imo. So therefore, he should be banned too for distributing duped items. He also then proceeds to say that he burnt the items.

PLEASE, consider banning Tombonie, because if he hadn’t given me the shulker box, this wouldn’t had happened, he also broke a rule.

If I’m going down, he’s going down with me heeheehaahaah

_69420_

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +79
    yes, ban this man now please.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. JamessV

JamessV Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +79
    PURGE PART 2: THE PURGENING
    COMING SUMMER 2020

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. mijo6000

mijo6000 New Member

Ratings:
    +38
    upload_2020-5-18_19-0-38.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,259
    5/20* (Wednesday)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. JamessV

JamessV Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +79
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Tombonie

Tombonie New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    It is insane that someone can have this viewpoint, I did not give you the items thinking you would start selling them, I wanted to show someone that they were 100% duped items so I would have backing. Sure I messed up by giving him the shulker box, but you can imagine what I was feeling at the moment, and how I could think that it was the right thing to do. Also, I threw away the other 2 shulker boxes right in front of bobado (I'm pretty sure) and a few other regular players. I also asked crowblers if you had gotten rid of the beacons and he told me you said you did, so I didn't bother looking further into the matter. It is my fault you got the beacons, but not my fault you distributed them. If I am banned, I at the very least wish it to be far less than 69's ban since I did not sell or give out the beacons to people, and my intent was not to cause harm to the server.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. SpacePoseidon

SpacePoseidon Member

Ratings:
    +79
    ok but you still distributed it to 69420 which is against the rules. ban this man now pls for a few days.

9. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    Why did you give it to me for? You were supposed to give it to the staff or something, not me.

10. Onder1488

Onder1488 New Member

Ratings:
    +25
    no worries 15 people has the same shulkers

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. ILagWithShaders

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1,259
    finna ban moment

12. Tombonie

Tombonie New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    You don't seem to understand my intent, my intent was not to give it to a player for them to have, it was for them to see. It was an action that I did in the moment which, while I regret, I don't think I should be taking blame for what he did with them. Also, 69, I expected you to get rid of them, and even asked Crowblers if you had gotten rid of them, which he said you had. By investigating if you had gotten rid of them, I evidently showed I didn't want you to have them in the end. Either way, as I stated before I think my punishment should be far less than 69's, mainly because of my intent, and the fact that I asked if he had gotten rid of them.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  13. Onder1488

Onder1488 New Member

Ratings:
    +25

14. Emperyia

Emperyia Member

Ratings:
    +160
    shut up you absolute snitch, snitches like you don’t deserve to be on atlas, you ruined our entire plans and now i don’t have the will to play anymore because of you, you’re the menace to atlas and deserve a permanent ban

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +70
    While I do not believe Tombonie deserves the same punishment as 69, he still deserves some punishment as the reason listed for the ban of 69 is the same thing he had done, distributing duped items. There isn't an argument against that, his intent doesn't matter as the actions he took were the same ones as the ban reason states. Whether or not you thought he'd get rid of them doesn't matter. You still distributed them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +70
    69 Did try to sell them, yes, and thus he deserves a harsher punishment put Tombonie deserves one too. There is no evidence of your intent, we can't look into his mind and say he intended to do X at Y time. Yet there is evidence of him distributing the items.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    HEIL SUPERIOROB

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    Yeah, i totally agree that i should be banned, but it doesn't make sense how tombonie doesn't get any blame nor is he getting banned.

19. Tombonie

Tombonie New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    First of all, there is an obvious difference in intent when someone tries and sell the beacons, rather than giving them to someone while also yelling out in chat that people had duped. I had made up for the punishment by being the sole person who called them out. Secondly, if I had kept quiet and kept the items, then they could have gone unnoticed for who knows how long. I also realize that most of you are banding together because I snitched, just to put that out there. Thirdly, to the staff out there, would you really want the one person who told everyone who the dupers were as soon as I got the items to get banned? The precedent that that would set wouldn't exactly make players want to report dupers. And in Conclusion, punishing someone who didn't intend harm does not achieve much, instead warning them that in the future if they did something similar they may get punished does. A punishment should be saved when warnings are ignored, or negative intentions were had.

Edit: Changed transitions and some wording to make it more coherent

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    It doesn't matter what intent you were trying to make.
    It's as simple as this: You DISTRIBUTED DUPED items to another player. That is not allowed, therefore you should be banned.
    You should've shown it to a staff member, not me. It was a stupid move you made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.