Event Ruinscraft Art Contest 2018

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by __north, Sep 1, 2018.

1. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +928
    UPDATE (09/22/18): The contest is now closed and judging will take place until September 29th. Expect results to be posted shortly after that date. Thank you to all of our participants!

Hello everyone,

We are excited to announce that from September 1st to 22nd, we will be hosting our very first Ruinscraft Art Contest. This contest will put your creative skills to the test as we judge your art on the topic of Ruinscraft. You can submit art that showcases your unique memories and experiences on Ruinscraft, a new logo, or anything else that fits into the theme! All mediums are allowed, but we will not be accepting screenshots or photography. The judges will score and decide the winners based on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, along with honorable mentions.

When: The contest will be hosted from September 1st to 22nd, with one week to judge (23rd - 30th).

Guidelines: We have a few basic rules that you must follow in order to be considered.
    • Plagiarism is not allowed. Do not copy or steal art from others. Your submission will be removed and your entry may be restricted.
    • Do not submit inappropriate or blank art.
    • Entries are limited to 3 per person.
    • Do not submit the same piece more than once for a better chance. All entries are judged individually, and art submitted more than once will not be judged.
    • All mediums of visual art are allowed; this includes traditional, acrylic, watercolor, etc.
    • You must follow the theme.
    • If your art is drawn on paper or canvas, make sure you take a photo of it in a well-lit space.
    How to Enter: Your pieces must be submitted through this Google Form. In this Google Form, you will upload your photo and have the option to select whether or not it should be showcased in a gallery on forums.
    ** Disclaimer : Ruinscraft will not claim to own your art if you choose that it should be displayed in the gallery.

FAQ:

What do I win?:
    If you win 1st place, you will get $30 USD store credit for anything on our donation page.
    If you win 2nd place, you will get $20 USD store credit for anything on our donation page.
    If you win 3rd place, you will get $10 USD store credit for anything on our donation page.
    All placed winners and honorable mentions will receive a select powder in game, and their art displayed on forums.

How will we be judged?:
    You will be judged on 3 different categories by 3 judges. These categories are:
    • Creativity and Uniqueness ( ~/30 )
    • Overall Look and Aesthetic ( ~/30 )
    • Overall Impression of the Work ( ~/30 )
    Is digital art allowed?:
    Yes, as long as it fits into our guidelines mentioned above.

What is plagiarism?:
    Plagiarism is stealing or copying someone’s work and claiming it as your own. We take this very seriously, so if you are caught plagiarizing, your submission(s) will be removed and you will not be able to enter the contest.

We hope to see your art in our contest!

#1 __north, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Abombies

Abombies New Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Im very excited to do this. Hopefully school lets me have time to draw lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. b3ianca

b3ianca New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Love this contest idea! Definitely going to be entering! Excited to see everybody's entries!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Abombies

Abombies New Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Question, if you have multiple pieces of art, do you have to make a separate entry for each one, or can you put them all in one?

• Like Like x 1
  5. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +928
    Good question!
    It is formatted so that you must fill out the form once per individual submission. You will need to make a separate entry for each submission (3 maximum).

#5 __north, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  6. Abombies

Abombies New Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Thankyou

• Like Like x 1
  7. __south

__south Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +229
    What tool do you recommend for this contest? Microsoft Paint, or BIMP Photo Editor?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Malakki

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +40
    Good luck all who are participating!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +928
    None of the above - I recommend FireAlpaca, a great, free resource for digital art. You can always draw on paper too.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. __south

__south Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +229
    Yes, but this requires effort. I'm trying to avoid this.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. JamessV

JamessV Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Stoked to do this ^-^

• Like Like x 1
  12. WarriorKing1117

WarriorKing1117 New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I am not very good at art. But i will try my best.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrGalaxy_

MrGalaxy_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +125
    Hey guys, I'm no Picasso or anything but what do you think of my drawing so far? I think it's beginning to look pretty good.
    michelangelo-creation.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. b3ianca

b3ianca New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    i love the colours you used and how realistic it is! 8/10, could use some more work on the background! ;)

15. Ranger_Gilan

Ranger_Gilan New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow! that's incredible haha

16. b3ianca

b3ianca New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Question about the google form: whether we choose yes or no for our art to be posted anonymously, it will still be posted either way, right? Anon or not?

17. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +928
    If you choose for it to be posted, it will be displayed anonymously on forums. If you choose for it to not be posted, it will not be displayed on forums.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. b3ianca

b3ianca New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Ooh, I seem to have misread it sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Abombies

Abombies New Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I have another question, I can't seem to get a my drawing into a file, would it be fine if it is on imgur or something related to that?

20. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +928
    This should be fine - is there a reason why you can't get your drawing into a file? If it is digital, just download it or capture it with snipping tool. If it is a real drawing, just take a photo with a camera.

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.