Event Rubie day

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by rankydude, Jan 13, 2016.

1. rankydude

rankydude New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    How it would work is there would be challenges all over the server like PVP or building competitions that has custom controls used by staff. Every time a player is winning or wins a challenge they win rubbies which on this day can be used for custom ruby items... ;)[​IMG]

2. LBGator1031

LBGator1031 Member

Ratings:
    +81
    Thats a nice idea! I think that would be a good day for people who are running low on rubies. (Like me) To earn them with competitions. I think this might be like a special event though. But I love the idea!

3. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +510
    Of course it will be a "special event", as you can see in his thread, it says "Server Event."

#3 Izer_, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. adentical

adentical New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I like the thought of this, this was originally being looked at when rubies came out, but I am so excited that it is actually going to happen soon!

5. bobado

Ratings:
    +436
    Rubies can easily be obtained though. But when you mentioned pvp, would it be like, 1v1 in iron? Because then obviously people would easily win.
    How about this?

In kitpvp, each kill is replaced with a ruby shard, in the menu you can craft rubies using ruby shards. Maybe the amount of shards could be determined by staff, but I think about 5-10 ruby shards should make 1 ruby, having this said it would need a day to be taken on. Maybe on a staffs birthday? Maybe when we make 1000$? Maybe just on vacation. So then having voted, you would get, 2 rubies? 5-10 rubies shard based on random numbers? Maybe just get double rubies and that's it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Atovock

Atovock Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +466
    Rubies were added for each time you vote, there isnt much point to add an other way to get them.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Atovock

Atovock Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +466
    This could be easily exploited with an alt, someone could just kill their alt account a ton of times and get the rubies for money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. adentical

adentical New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah you can also kill your alternative account over and over again for money, rarely anyone does it.. Your point?

9. Atovock

Atovock Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +466
    That there doesn't need to be another way to get rubies.

10. adentical

adentical New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Well, too lazy to type a solution, I will in about 1 hour or so. I understand. But It would not be as common and they could get caught

11. Jebusx

Jebusx Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +636
    I agree with Atovock. Rubies were meant to be earned through voting, not events. Voting helps gain popularity through the server, if everyone is doing events instead of voting, how does the server grow? Double rewards through voting sounds like a good idea. Maybe once they add new rewards for rubies (such as a ruby shop) would they add events like this. But as I previously stated, rubies were meant to be earned through voting.

12. dukesmart

Owner

Ratings:
    +736
    Yeah, we're working to make rubies more than just money from voting. We're currently working on a backend library to make developing future additions very easy.

• Like Like x 2
  13. adentical

adentical New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I hope you guys will be adding more rare items to /menu on kitpvp, ect:
    3 Strength II pots for 3 rubies? :D
    16 normal golden apples for 2 rubies?
    ect.
    I would love to see something like this, since the options to rubies are a bit limited...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. dukesmart

Owner

Ratings:
    +736
    rubies can be converted into kitpvp money, which you can use to buy stuff

15. TheDarkMessiah1

TheDarkMessiah1 Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +556
    royal gonna code menu for factions/main?

16. adentical

adentical New Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah you can do that with god apples with the money thing, it would have the same point, plus str 2s are very expensive.

17. rankydude

rankydude New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ya when will the menu for factions and main going to come?o_O

18. rankydude

rankydude New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It would be a cool idea to have another way to get rubies by having a event for them... But still that is a problem... But isnt there a way to prevent that????:confused:

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.