Accepted rOxANDtOl's 4th staff application

r0xANDt0l

Helper
Sponsor MCATLAS
Apr 19, 2020
Spain
1) What is your Minecraft username?
My ign is rOxANDtOl, but I change my name frequently,

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I'm 14 years old, and my timezone is GMT+2 (Central European Summer Time)

3) How long have you played on our servers?
I've been playing continuously since the 3rd quarter of 2019

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
In all of RC, I’ve helped by giving the new users the majority of the commands they’ll use because it can be a bit daunting seeing all the things. And by being nice to them, a thing that motivates them to keep playing

In Atlas:
I’ve helped new players to start (by giving them some items and food) and by teaching them how to be autonomous, something that is important, And on older players, by showing them how to do the weirder things, such as create chest shops, or show them a specific thing in a specific place.

In Plots:
I also helped new players on getting a plot and telling them the basic World Edit commands, because there’s a lot of functions on there (brushes, spheres...).
And on more experienced players, by helping them with the vanilla stuff (such as Redstone) and by giving them useful feedback they could use in the future.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
I plan on improving the server firstly by:
Removing some toxicity: I know this is already one of the duties of staff, but I’ve seen that on some staff members, they’re pretty laid back, like there might be a lot of toxicity and only give out a verbal warning. I would try to just give 1 verbal warning and straight to warn/mute if they’re using racial slurs, such as the N-word.

/report: I know this is a very wanted feature, and it’s for a reason, larger reports, such as big griefs or bot attacks may be better to report it through discord / the forums, small things such as chat being really toxic or a small grief in a town/plot. This could be a better

A tutorial, sort of: I’ve seen on a lot of servers, both creative and towny that there’s usually a tutorial, usually in the form of a book. And there’s already a wiki for Atlas, but there isn’t a wiki on plots. So having a book or something has a lot of advantages, starting with: it’s more intuitive than going to the wiki of atlas or just waiting till someone responds to you. And this could help people start out.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
I have experience administering a small server with 1-7 players, as well as some servers I’ve made with some friends. And I also have some experience moderating Discord servers with 100 members more or less

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
I feel a factor that differs me from the rest is the experience. I've been playing here since a long time and I also met amazing people that helped me and I also helped them, so a lot of players could appreciate it.
I’m also pretty active on the server, usually playing +2h on the weekends and 1h more or less on weekdays. And the hours I play don't have any staff members online, so I could fill that gap.
And also because I speak 2 languages (Spanish and English), That could help (and has already helped) players because sometimes, Spanish speakers may join the server and be intimidated by the number of English speakers there are on the server, so having someone that speaks both languages could make their experience a lot better

Reactions: Samino