Rejected Roux007's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Roux007, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Roux007

Roux007 Member

Ratings:
    +155
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    Midnight_Drive

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?
    I am 14 years of age and my timezone is Central Time, USA.

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    I started playing in May, 2017. I joined forums later in August, 2017.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I am active in the event function of the server. I try to keep things in the events how they should be. I also follow the rules of Ruinscraft and obey what the staff asks, to my best ability. I make builds for other users on the plots, as well as advice on building architecture and design.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    I think the server has many good attributes as well as flaws. One is that there are windows of time where there are no staff, and people spam and run rampant on the server with no regard for others. If we hired more staff that fit into those time slots, we would have total control over people who are disruptive, and thus, a more family friendly, as well as safer server to play on.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    I was an archival staff (someone who logs the daily comings and goings of people on the server) on PlayMC until it shut down a week after my appointment. Currently I am creating my own MC server with its corresponding discord server as well, with the help of some of my friends.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

I feel like I have a rich history with this server and I know how it feels to be staff, and to be a regular player. I acknowledge the problems that come with becoming staff as well as dealing with the unruly players. I have struggled with my tongue my entire life. I say things to people because I am insecure about who I really am. But the longer I play on this sever, the more I realize I don't need to lash out at people to feel better about myself. That in itself is a great reward. On a different note, I feel like becoming staff isn't as much about the title or banning people, or anything else that comes with it. I feel like it would be a great learning experience for me, and it would teach me how to deal with stressful situations and frustrating people. Even if I don't become staff, I learn from my mistakes, and I get to better myself in the whole process. I didn't get what was wrong with my staff applications until JetTG gave me some of the best advice on here:

So as I close this staff application out, I would like to truly thank JetTG for his advice, and I will use it to instead make my future, rather than try to fix my past. And that ladies and gentlemen, is why I think I should be staff.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Roux007

Roux007 Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Even if it is rejected, I want you all to know that I still learn a valuable lesson. I am a troller to some, but I am trying to fix it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. TR1X_IVI

TR1X_IVI New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    A bit personal but I like it! Simple yet great! You may be 14 years old, but I think you are mature and ready to be a staff on this server, you would be a great addition to this server!
    Good luck!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. MrGalaxy_

MrGalaxy_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +125
    Your arrogance blinds you. The sheer fact that this is your seventh application alone justifies my point. I've watched you on the forums, I've seen all seven applications. What makes you think you are suitable to be staff? You're too arrogant to see how this works. You think somehow more applications equals a better chance of being a staff member. You clearly still don't see that. On top of all this, you then have the audacity to argue with just about everyone who has a point against you. There is nothing wrong with arguing to stand up for yourself but, you've taken this to the extreme. On one hand, you insult them, on another you say "Im sorry if I offended you jet" as if you've learned your lesson and are a better person from that moment. Everyone is entitled to a staff application, it's only fair. You think you are entitled to seven. All this being said, in the end, staff have clearly spoken. They don't want you, and neither do those who disagreed with it. Take a hint.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Bemix

Bemix Member

Ratings:
    +69
    huh thats odd u tryna fix it yet make problems on others who did nothin to u good job future staff failure

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Roux007

Roux007 Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Duely noted. I have my own server almost ready. The heretics of this server are welcome to revoke thier ways in order to join me. Im not mad about this but I think I shall categorize you with choiices in terms of people I dont desire to come in contact with.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. TR1X_IVI

TR1X_IVI New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I like the application and all but sometimes you don't get what you want, some things aren't for you while other things are, since you made 6 other applications and they all got rejected, maybe you're not the one they want or looking for, if you be yourself, you can find the thing that suits you.

holy crap that was kind of deep

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Roux007

Roux007 Member

Ratings:
    +155
    That was deep. And very true. Thanks. I may never be staff, but a message to all who will listen. I have my own community. When I become a famous MC server owner, I shall come back. I will look down apon the RC staff, not with indignation, but with triumph. Because I will have bought RC out, and nurture it and raise it the way it SHOULD have been raised. I am sorry that I am only remembered by my bad behavior. Because I never got a chance, and that my "friends," is why I will succeed. Out of determination. I will not forget with time, for I have the patience, and the mind to remember what each and every person has done to me here. Be wary in your ways, for there will be repercussions for your actions. And im not just talking about me not being staff, but about everything that has happened here. On a different note, I will be less active for a while until my server is finished. When I come back, you all shall know what I mean when I say:

"No one is safe"

And now for my thank you's and other.....acknowledgements.

To those who have showed me unwavering kindness, I say you might be the closest thing to perfection there is.
    @PapaXigol
    @TR1X_IVI
    @Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    @JetTG

To those who have annoyed the crap out of me, I hope I never see you again:
    @Chemiql_
    @Bemix
    @MrGalaxy_
    @Chainmails
    @bobado

And lastly, to those who I have no words for, except that may the Forgiving Lord Xigol have mercy on your pitiful souls:
    @Choiices
    @Braelyn_Cullen

If I forgot you on the hate list, consider yourself lucky for the time being. I will eventually find you......

One last thing...........

Yehud is still out there.......

And im very sure hes about to come back............

>: )

#8 Roux007, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  9. MisterBigXig

MisterBigXig Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +891
    n0 mercy
    [​IMG]

10. MrGalaxy_

Ratings:
    +125
    I'm sorry, quoting: "
    To those who have annoyed the crap out of me, I hope I never see you again:
    @Chemiql_
    @Bemix
    @MrGalaxy_
    @Chainmails
    @bobado

You are sorry for your actions, you accept that you aren't suitable for being staff, you are already in the making of your own server (rendering being staff on Ruinscraft pointless) and you still persist to insult and threaten everyone who disagrees with you as if we are the only people to blame. What is going on? And more importantly, what is actually wrong with you?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roux007

Roux007 Member

Ratings:
    +155

PRAISE MIGHTY XIGOL, PRAIIIIIISSEEEEEE

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Roux007

Roux007 Member

Ratings:
    +155
    A COMMIE HAS BREACHED MURICA, REEEEEEE

GET OUT COMMIE SCUM

REEEEEEEEE

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. OneBigSnowball

Ratings:
    +38
    Who the f is yehud

14. MrGalaxy_

Ratings:
    +125
    He was a member of Ruinscraft, widely known by the community. His main roles as a member were making memes, building a Jewish army, and creating an uprising against the Ruinscraft community and staff. He also was known for starting a ton of drama on the forums and in-game among others.

15. Cookacoo

Cookacoo Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Just wanted to assist, and point out a few things I noticed taking a quick look at your application.

Seems like your not invested in Ruinscraft.
    If I were looking for staff I certainly wouldn't want my new staff member to indicate that have intent to leave before they start.

You can't just buy RC ...
    Ruinscraft isn't like a normal company, it isn't publicly traded, and as far as I know at this time, isn't for sell. H have spoken a little with the staff members and I get the vibe that the staff/admin/owners plan to keep Ruinscraft up until they are unable to do so.

RC is made up of several components, It isn't just a minecraft server. They have developers, dedicated builders, and a long term That is a form of Intellectual property that you wouldn't be able to get without convincing all of the current staff to join you and work on your server. Based on your statements I don't foresee that happening. As far as I know Ruinscraft staffing is entirely voluntary, so you can't just pay them to move to your server, they have to want to go.

##################################################
    # Honest Opinion

If you honestly want to make the greatest Minecraft server of all time, I'd suggest you dedicate your time into doing that. If you have some grand scheme of using Ruinscraft as a template, then I would put that aside and accept that setting up a good server this late in the game is going to take a massive amount of work.

You should start by deciding on how you are going to host your server: I think someone once told me Ruinscraft was started in Dukesmart's basement for him and a few close friends and just grew from there. Hosting from home is the cheapest way to operate for sure. Do you have a computer you can dedicate to running all the time? have you accounted for the heat it will produce? what will happen if that computer dies for one reason or another? Do you know enough to set up a server?

In theory someone could just start the minecraft server on any plain old computer even if they use it for other things. but if successful, at some point the server will outgrow it's hardware, and what do you do at that point?

I haven't the slightest clue of how long Ruinscraft Operated without profit, for most businesses they plan to operate at a NET loss for 1-3 years. My neighbor own's a business and he said it took 3 years of 60+ hour work weeks before it was profitable. Are you ready to pay to run a server for the next several years?

Just some key points that I think need thinking over.

# Summary

Dedicate your time to your goals, in this case, your own minecraft server, make sure you think it through.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. iu3ovb3fv4uh9ffn

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +804
    I think you mean justified retaliation to degeneracy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MisterBigXig

MisterBigXig Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +891
    dab

on that brothr

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.