Restricted Chat

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by windows_virus, May 12, 2020.

?

Should this feature be added?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ Member

Ratings:
    +158
    I admire you standing your ground and supporting what you believe in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. windows_virus

Retired Staff Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +577
    The feeling is mutual.

• Like Like x 3
  3. _coolbird

_coolbird Member

Ratings:
    +95
    i mean theres no need to swear in the public chat. youre not going to die if you arent gonna say a bad word in chat. if you really need to say it then just talk to them on discord or something.

4. windows_virus

Ratings:
    +577
    It's not even about saying bad words from my point of view. It's about being able to be rude without any repercussions. It's about being able to state your opinion no matter how offensive or controversial it is. It's about having a sense of freedom through speech.

5. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +62
    yea its about being able to be free to do stuff that staff constantly whines about being harassment, also it is mainly about older people wanting to unwind and not be constrained by the minority most of the people on atlas are above 13 years old. I knew almost every swear word at like 7 so stop coddling the 8 year olds there are like 5-10 of em on the server we dont need to suck their thumbs

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +62
    I dont understand why players who have been on the server for less time then say windows or hell even me think they have a better grasp on the player base. Im not insulting you im just saying the 7-8 months ive played on this server I know for a fact the majority is old enough to swear the minority is young cunts

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. _coolbird

_coolbird Member

Ratings:
    +95
    the staff team which made the rules definetly knows what theyre doing by making the chat PG. Either way, Ruinscraft isnt the place to argue about controversial stuff. if you really need to, theres dedicated discord servers, and maybe you can even find a minecraft server dedicated to that. The server is just a towny server.

8. windows_virus

Ratings:
    +577
    If it's just a 'towny server', why are you here? I know why i'm here, what about you? Also Ruinscraft is the best place to argue about controversial stuff since there is a wide variety of different people on here and you can get a wide variety of responses, opinions and conversations on here, this is what I love about this community, but the fact that there isn't any kind of chat for the older players who don't want to abide by the frankly childish rules is a problem.

9. Boo_Mac

Boo_Mac Member

Ratings:
    +62
    It would highly decrease the number of mutes and warns for bypass, because the majority of people who bypass just want to swear in some way, which is normal cause its just a word in someone's vocabulary don't get all antiswear bs, so a chat to be able to would be 10x better.

10. PoIsessedPug

PoIsessedPug Member

Ratings:
    +46
  11. windows_virus

Ratings:
    +577
    Bump. I cannot allow for this to fall into obscurity.

12. Xelomo

Xelomo Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +783
    I absolutely support this plan because I've been many years having to tolerate 10 year olds believing they have some sort of moral superiority in the chat and correcting me or anyone else for "bypassing the filter" it is absolutely ridiculous and obnoxious and all it does is scaring away potentially new people who could join the server. It is completely dissuasive.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.