Rejected Staff Applications

Discussion in 'Ideas and Feedback' started by OinkerCertified, Jun 12, 2020.

1. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +190
    oof I regret posting this big red name dude made me realize I was thinking wrong cya

#1 OinkerCertified, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. whitetiger131

Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +468
    Oinker, I sympathize with this, but I understand their decision to keep criticism private. I know a lot of applicants don't want to be "exposed" as to why they were rejected or have that information be public. The feeling of being rejected sucks, and trust me, I know that, but I think it's good to understand their perspective too.

Hope ya feel better soon,
    - tiger

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +190
    I understand this, I wasn’t even thinking of that!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ninjacreeper14

Ninjacreeper14 New Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hey OinkerCertified! Hope your doing well. Don’t let a rejected app get you down, it’s not the end of the world. You’re always going to run into rejection throughout life and that’s okay! Remember, just because the staff reject your app doesn’t mean they don’t like you. We all want to see you grow as a person and continue improving! We’ll all be beside you as we all walk this difficult path. Keep moving forward, you’ve got this.

Hope you feel better m8

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +190
    Thanks man, but it isn’t just that- it’s that I don’t enjoy applying anymore, and it’s more of a chore. It’s not a passion of mine anymore now.

6. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    If you're applying, you gotta understand that you may get rejected, and you just gotta accept it. Other than that, keep trying because there's always a good chance :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +285
    I dont want to be negative or anything, but i doubt with all the critisism like for example you critisising the false warns and how you cant appeal them, and now this. Normally theres a reason people get instantly denied, and its probably because of your past critisising them, the thing with frenchie or just something else you did. even my first application took like a week to get denied even though i had like 1 month of experience and there was little detail. so you getting denied instantly with so much detail, and then staff not even replying to it saying you were denied until i said that. Theres a specific reason you got denied.

#7 _coolbird, Jun 12, 2020
  8. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +190
    I know, just simply explaining this and using how I feel as an example for why this is a problem. Holy crap 69 is serious for once epic

9. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +190
    Yep I know- this isn’t me complaining about being denied exactly. More or so using how I feel as an example to explain this problem. I wasn’t really involved in the thing with Frenchie, and I also regret being a bit of a (well you know what I’m implying here) in the way I was speaking. I was just using my feelings as an example as to why this is a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dukesmart

Owner

Ratings:
    +770
    This is a reality of applying - we've only accepted 58 of over 1850 applications, roughly 3%. It's competitive, really, and that's a good thing. It helps Ruinscraft have only the best staff, which is good for all of us. For that reason, we have no obligation to accept any application, even if it's "college level," or you "spent 2 weeks on it," or it's your 17th application. Even so, all that is no reason to get discouraged or stop applying. As an example, SpektrSoyuz's first application was in 2017 and he wasn't accepted until the end of 2019.
    In the past, we used to not say anything at all, and we're still not really obliged to do so. It's a courtesy from us. Also see:

So instead of being upfront and honest, we should lead you on or give you false hope?
    Or maybe we should just not let people know at all? Lead them on indefinitely?

Staff members do this on my behalf. That is, when they do this in an official capacity, it's like it's me saying things myself because I trust them - and it's almost never a single person's decision - staff members discuss applications with one another and
    There would be too much to do if it was just me doing it though. But make no mistake: I personally read almost every application, and I am generally aware of what is being done or has been done. I reserve the ability to overturn any decision as necessary.

In summary: we take applications seriously and rejection is a part of us upholding a high standard. It's all part of a learning experience.

Extra:
    How to submit a staff application
    Guide 1
    Guide 2
    Guide 3

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. _69420_

_69420_ Member

Ratings:
    +207
    yes hahahahehehhehehajajjajajejejejjejejejejejj

12. OinkerCertified

Ratings:
    +190
    Jeez never thought of it that way, sorry if I sounded rude. I was mostly thinking of not leading people on false hope, but just not make the rejection seem so... I guess sad? It should be more or so a thing that makes sure the applicant doesn't feel discouraged. I'm sorry if I sounded demanding. I was simply just trying to use my experiences as an example. I totally should have written this in a better way to convey this message and thought about it a little more.
    I understand it is the reality of applying, but it is rather discouraging seeing just an emotionless copy-paste sentence. Adding a sentence or two to lighten up the mood can help with this. If people want to continue applying, people can't be discouraged.
    I realize now how stupid what I said was, and should have thought about it more. Yes, the staff team should be honest, but the rejected symbol just makes it very discouraging. Instead of an emotionless copy paste sentence for the comment, maybe add a little bit more emotion to it, like adding, "We are excited to see you apply again." Or, "Good luck!" Just to make it seem happier.
    I never meant it to come across this way. Instead, I meant to use my experience to show how this can be improved by making it seem less discouraging. I'm sorry if I came across like.. well you know what I mean.
    I should have thought a bit about it more.
    All my ideas always end up like this. I never have good ones.
    Thank you for replying and making me see this in a different way. I'm an idiot for not thinking about this!

#12 OinkerCertified, Jun 12, 2020
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 6
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.