Under Review PVP_Builder's staff application (attempt two)

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by PVP_Builder, Sep 4, 2019.

1. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    PVP_Builder. I don't plan to change it. A hacker recently changed my name to ZaIkA278 so you may have seen me on the server under that name. I'm back to PVP_Builder now so the issue is resolved. Please check out my history of names here.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 13 years of age and my timezone is CST.

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

I don't know the exact amount of time but somewhere between 8-10 months. Edit: as of writing this I am now days away from being a member of the server for a year.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

The largest ways I've helped people is by giving them advice on staff applications, helping them with builds, and helping people get staff involved when someone is breaking the rules. However, I do help in some smaller ways such as welcoming people to the server on the forums, giving those who ask constructive criticism on their builds, defending people who are being harassed in
    global, attempting to defuse arguments, and helping people with commands.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

Some improvements I would make to the server include:
    1. Adding a /friend command.
    This feature would be incredibly useful. Adding someone to your friends list could make you have the ability to see when they're online, what server they're in, and be able to quickly teleport to them without having to send a request.
    2. Adding some kind of group feature.
    This was suggested to me by some friends but nevertheless I think that it's a good idea. With this idea you can type in a command and create a group. Once you've done this you should be able to invite others to your group. This idea mostly is just for fun and doesn't really effect the server much, but with the various groups that people make both as jokes and seriously this could be useful.
    3. Increasing staff help/activity.
    Now I am fully aware that the staff are already working on this, but I feel like it's worth mentioning. I'm most active on plots and almost every time I log on there is a staff member that is either afk or not present at all. Of course I realize that the staff have lives too and might prefer MCAtlas, but this can definitely be a problem. As windows_virus suggested in one of his threads I think that there should be a staff help channel. This way players from all of the various servers can contact the members of the staff team quickly. I realize that this exists on the Ruinscraft discord already, but for the players who do not have discord this definitely would come in handy.
    4. Putting in a spam/chat flood filter.
    I've noticed that there's a problem with spamming on this server. I think a good way to fix this would be to add some kind of filter. This filter could prevent you from putting four messages in a row within a 3-5 second time limit. This may not completely get rid of spam but it could definitely decrease it.

5. Providing moral support and helping stop harassment.
    I briefly touched on this in question 4, but I feel as though I can further elaborate in this section. My prior answers to #5 are all about what I would add, so I thought it would be nice to cover what I would personally do for the server. I've noticed that it's not uncommon for people to be harassed (at least to an extent) in the global chat. Not that long ago a group of people were saying some incredibly rude things about a friend of mine and it was starting to cause an argument. This toxic behavior will never fully go away but I believe I can somewhat decrease it, or at least provide support for the player getting harassed. I already do this as a regular player, but as a staff I believe I can be more effective. I can be online quite frequently, thus making me able to catch a lot of arguments and such while they're happening. I fully understand if this kind of contribution is not what staff are looking for, but I just thought I should put that out there.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    Sadly, I don't have any experience as staff on a different server. I'm hoping that this will be my first. I do however have a low ranking staff position on a Roblox game and management experience from various other small things. Despite my lack of experience, I do know what it will take to be a staff member. I've done a ton of research and observing not just here, but on other servers
    as well.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

I do not think that I am better than other players. However, I do believe that I could be a good fit for a staff position. I can be mature and respectively deal with rule breakers while also keeping the server's atmosphere fun, friendly, and overall enjoyable. I rarely get into arguments and have never really started any, and I can usually be online at least once a day. Although I am hoping I can be a staff and help keep the server playable, I will fully understand if you do not choose to accept this application. If you do choose to accept this application however, I will definitely do everything in my power to keep the server enjoyable for everyone.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. Have a good day/night!

#1 PVP_Builder, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019 at 7:57 PM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    My keyboard decided to act up about halfway through this application so sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. sabner62

sabner62 New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    This looks great so far, you may want to further elaborate on some points that you brought up, but otherwise, all that I would do is fix the grammar. Goodluck mate!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Thanks, dude!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dweebsy

Dweebsy New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    good luck mate =)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. MrGalaxy_

MrGalaxy_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +126
    Your response on question 7 is the result of a poor attitude towards the role. They are not looking for humility but rather reasons why you're more qualified than others.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Ah, I see what you mean. I'll work on that. I felt like I also added reasons as to why I would be a good staff member, but maybe they weren't very sufficient.

8. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Thanks, my dude!

9. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ New Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Not sure if it's a huge issue or not, but perhaps put some space in between one question/answer and the next one. It was kind of a pain having to mentally seperate the sections.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Alright thanks for the tip.

11. Ultra12

Ultra12 New Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Nice app, best of luck! My only recommendation would be perhaps changing the formatting a bit such as adding some space between and when you listed your improvements in question 5 maybe making it a bit more obvious those pertain to that question would make it easier to read.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Thank you! My keyboard decided to stop working properly at about that point so I did the best I could.

13. Airsoftlyfe

Airsoftlyfe New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Great application!

14. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Thanks!

15. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    I can barely believe that this application has gotten so much support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ New Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I hope you get accepted. :)
    Good luck, friend!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Thank you!

18. Zoppy_

Zoppy_ New Member

Ratings:
    +15
    OMG YASSSSS PVP IT'S UNDER REVIEW! GJ! :D

19. PVP_Builder

PVP_Builder Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Yes! I'm really happy! Even if I don't make the team this is a HUGE accomplishment!

20. HoneyDeer_

HoneyDeer_ New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Really good! best of luck! I think you'd be the perfect fit! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.