Rejected Puffnium's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by mooncraft, Dec 24, 2019.

1. mooncraft

mooncraft Member

Ratings:
    +7
    1) What is your Minecraft username?

Puffnium. I plan to keep it that way! (This is my 2nd application)

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 13. A few years ago I tried to apply, but lied about my age. I am properly aged now! Timezone EST

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?

I have played on Ruinscraft for about 4 years! I love this server!

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

Very small stuff, like commands or plots. But I’ve been bringing more friends onto Ruinscraft, I also help people with any issues or emotional problems. I’ve recently supported one of my friends from Ruinscraft to coming out as trans! I have helped multiple people cope with sadness and anger. I’ve also reported lots of people for multiple offenses. One time, I’ve convinced a friend not to greift someone just because they rejected them.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

-First off, Mini games! In the lobby there could be an area of small mini games like, Parkour race, Pvp Arena, Tag, or any other ideas.

-Contests. If we could have a little more contests, it would be fun! I remember when ranks were given away sometimes. We could give away 1 free rank each year. Or people could just compete for fun!

-Dab area. Since the /dab command is gone, there could be an area where people can dedicate their builds or anything for the /dab command. Example. A discord channel for drawings/builds/ect.. or a bot on discord with the command /dab.

-/Bank in Mcatlas. When you do /bank, you can teleport to an area where you can do /trade with people and place gold in your bank where you can save up gold to trade. No longer need to store your gold in a private chest in the basement!

-Trading animals. This idea isn’t really great, but if you could left click animals with a special item, it could turn into a spawn egg that you could trade to another person for gold.

-Pvp arena on Mcatlas. There could be an area in the /bank where you could pvp. But mostly not loose your items, instead loose gold. My friend made a pvp arena and the stranger won, but didn't give back the items when they asked.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I have been staff on a small server of my friend’s. It was mostly other new friends but I interacted with them and made events and other stuff.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

Honestly, I’m no different than other people. But I think you should choose me because I’m pretty much here all the time unless I have school work. I can be active on the weekends, but after school, some days I have practices for school work. I will still be active on discord on those days. I have a kind heart and I am willing to open it up to anyone who needs a hand in life or just needs to talk to someone. Whether your bored or down, I'll always be here for you. I really love this server! Spammers I can deal with maturely, if they don't stop during the first offense I could talk to them or just tell them to kindly stop. I also can’t build well but i’ll try my best to help. I can mostly keep an eye out on suspicious things going around. I check the discord frequently but haven’t spoken there. I also will try to be more active in forums!

Thanks for reading my staff application!

• Like Like x 2
  2. ZavidLife

Ratings:
    +48
    Hey! We are rejecting this application because we would love to see you reapply in the future! A few fixes here and there and such would be great as well!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 1K2C3M

Helper

Ratings:
    +26
    I'd like to give you some pointers on what you could do next time you apply to better your chances of being accepted. I'll start out with the...:

CONS:
    Although this isn't a terrible response to this question, it could need some more explaining to do. For example, in this question, you could add to what you've written by going in-depth how did it affect the person you helped in the long run. Did it positively affect the server? How did you help this person cope with sadness and anger?

What kind of contests would be held in order for these players to gain such rewards? Maybe it's a parkour challenge at the hub, or something else.

Dabbing..... no sorry that's back in 2016 ~ 2017

I like this idea but the concept you've suggested on how it'd work is too complicated. Be more confident with yourself, instead of saying it isn't really a good idea to suggest that you're invested in the ideas you bring to the table.

Problem with this, at least to me, McAtlas is intended to be a game mode where you go out and build your own town and nation. The main focus of it isn't war or PVP, that's just the icing on the cake of the game mode itself. Thus, adding something like this would take away that feel to the game mode. However, in concept the idea doesn't sound bad, the current way to PVP seems fitting enough for how the game mode is intended to be.

No need to be so harsh on yourself, everyone is unique in their own way. I'm sure there are things to explain here that are different from many other people. More self-confidence in yourself will look better on you as that show's how you'll perform as a staff member, someone who is willing to step in and be confident with knowing what they're doing.

OVERALL:
    It's not a terrible application by any means, but what's dragging it back is the lack of self-confidence from some wording choices. Along with that, going more in-depth on certain subjects would strengthen your application exponentially. I hope to see you apply once again since I've seen you around for a very long time now, you have potential.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. mooncraft

mooncraft Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks for the advice ;O

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.