Petition to lower the price of bonus town claims

Apr 16, 2021
As many of us may know, there has been a new feature added to the towns plugin that allows players to increase their town's claim limit in exchange for gold. However, the cost of these bonus claims can be ridiculously expensive. The price increases exponentially as more claims are purchased, and I feel that this defeats the purpose of being able to purchase more claims. Most towns looking to expand their claim limit are attempting to do so as they are struggling with space, and likely gold as well. The formula is as follows:

100 * 1.006^(n-1) n = claim number
400 Claims (Max) = ~166,000g

The formula causes an exponential increase in the price as more are claimed, which can be crippling for smaller towns that are just short of that last claim, or even for larger towns looking to expand their influence. I submit that one of the two following events should occur;

1) The rate at which the price of claims increases is lowered slightly to make them more affordable, or
2) It is changed from an exponential rate to a flat rate per claim (eg. 25-50 gold per claim purchased)

Reactions: Roux007

Crowblers

Sponsor MCATLAS
Nov 10, 2019
Illinois
As many of us may know, there has been a new feature added to the towns plugin that allows players to increase their town's claim limit in exchange for gold. However, the cost of these bonus claims can be ridiculously expensive. The price increases exponentially as more claims are purchased, and I feel that this defeats the purpose of being able to purchase more claims. Most towns looking to expand their claim limit are attempting to do so as they are struggling with space, and likely gold as well. The formula is as follows:

The formula causes an exponential increase in the price as more are claimed, which can be crippling for smaller towns that are just short of that last claim, or even for larger towns looking to expand their influence. I submit that one of the two following events should occur;

1) The rate at which the price of claims increases is lowered slightly to make them more affordable, or
2) It is changed from an exponential rate to a flat rate per claim (eg. 25-50 gold per claim purchased)
it was already reduced from 13.8 million gold for all 400 claims to like 20k-40k for 100 claims

Aug 21, 2017
Murica

They removed the 2.5 over claim back to the normal 2, but everyone had to shit their pants and yell at them in VC for them to change it, but if you spam their dms enough, you might actually make them do it!

(jk I love u Ian Ik u work hard no homo #GayPrideButImNotGay)