Rejected Pearlheart619's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Pearlheart619, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Pearlheart619

Pearlheart619 New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    My username is Pearlheart619, and I do not plan on changing it.

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

I am 13 years old as of today. My timezone is GMT -5.

3) How long have you played on our servers?

I have been playing on Ruinscraft since January 2015.

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?

I helped two players named GGXEnoN_Yay and Redstonegirl77 learn how to teleport, how to use worldedit, and the basics to get them started. I wanted to make their first experiences on this servers as good as possible so they would feel welcome and want to come back. If anyone says in global, "Hey how do I teleport" or "How do I private message?" I do my best to help them with whatever they need. I have had multiple experiences where someone is talking in global instead of local chat and I just say "Hey, do /local so you don't flood chat. Thanks!"

I have also defended people in the global chat when they were being harassed or made fun of. One specific instance of this was my friend was being harassed by another player. I stepped in and said, "Hey, that isn't okay, you are making this person feel bad or uncomfortable." If there are ever arguments, I try to make sure nobody's feelings get hurt and that everyone is at least somewhat happy with the ending. If arguments ever get out of hand, I will just msg a staff member and say "Hey there's a disagreement between (name) & (name)." I am not trying to act like I am a staff member, but I want to make sure that nobody feels hurt and that it gets resolved quickly.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?

1. I have an idea for a banner database in McPlots. There should be a command like /bdb (banner database). It would pull up a menu similar to to /maps menu and display all available banners. There should also be a place to submit new banners that could be possibly added and then a place to request/ suggest new banners. This would be extremely helpful to people who enjoy building and don't want to spend time looking up how to craft certain banner designs when they are right in front of them. I can speak from experience of trying to find out how to make this one banner for a bathroom in my build, and wishing there was a way to have the common banners in one easily accessible place.

2. Another idea is having a command to set a certain part of your plot as a certain biome, instead of the whole plot. Using WorldEdit, you could set the positions to a certain part of your plot and then do a command similar to //set which could be //setbiome (biome) and it would set that area to say, be a jungle biome. It would be useful if you were making a plot with various places that required the different aspects of each biome.

3. My last idea is that there should be a way to stop muted people from bypassing their punishments using /events. To me, it is annoying to have a muted person try to talk to other people using /event and then having them get banned for mute evasion. I'm sure that there could be some way to stop them from using /event while they are muted. They were muted for a reason and they should have to deal with that. One problem with this idea is if they want to show off a build or something like that, they can't. There are pros and cons to this idea, but it was just something I deemed worth mentioning.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?

I have not been staff anywhere else.

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?

I have been on Ruinscraft for what feels like forever. Ruinscraft has certainly had its ups and downs, and I want to help it stay a warm and welcome place. I think that the Ruinscraft community is overall a good place, but there are some things that I believe I could do to make Ruinscraft the best that it should be. I think that I am an overall nice person and I always look on the bright side of things and keep a positive mindset. I always try to follow the rules and I make sure others do as well. I enjoy helping others and I try to be kind to everyone I meet. If people are met with a cold and hostile welcome, they won't want to come back. I want to make everyone feel like they can come to Ruinscraft and have fun. I want to be a leader on Ruinscraft and set an example for all new and old players as to how you should behave on this server. I believe I have what it takes to be a Ruinscraft staff member because I rise to all of the challenges set before me. I work well under pressure so if somebody looks to me to get something done within a timeframe, I will do it as quick as I possibly can. I am able to quickly adapt to any different situation that may happen. I am honest and loyal, and I stand for whatever I believe is the right thing to do. Even though I am just 13, I have been described as a very calm and levelheaded mature person. I am online for hours every day. Even if I have no real motivation to do much while I'm online, I tend to just pop in and say hello to people and see what's happening in global and stuff like that.

#1 Pearlheart619, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +212
    I can absolutely vouch for everything she claims here. I believe in you, Pearl!;)

(edit) Turn the ideas in 5 into number list!
    1. Example idea

2. Example idea

3. Example idea

3. Memtoz

Memtoz New Member

Ratings:
    +22
    An amazing application I can definitely see you as becoming staff but you need to check your grammar as you have repeated some words, it's not really bad though. Good luck! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FrenchieCB

FrenchieCB Member

Ratings:
    +101
    that's a really good staff, even if I dont usually play on plots your ideas seem pretty good !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pearlheart619

Pearlheart619 New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I fixed that, thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Pearlheart619

Pearlheart619 New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah, it was just some things I overlooked, but thanks for pointing it out! I fixed that, I hope.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Memtoz

Memtoz New Member

Ratings:
    +22
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. GGXEnoN_YAy

GGXEnoN_YAy New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    good luck and happy b day

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Pearlheart619

Pearlheart619 New Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Lisakisa_

Helper

Ratings:
    +53
    Happy birthday :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Collardian

Collardian Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Happy late birthday, also gl, this application looks great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. northikoto

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +1,022
    Pearlheart619,

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately, we have decided to reject your application. Feel free to reapply in two weeks!

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.