- Jun 1, 2011
- Reaction score
KeyBoi - A Padlock & Key System (MCATLAS)I am pleased to introduce you all to KeyBoi - developed by @ianfreakingb
How to useUsing KeyBoi is straight-forward and simple.
KeyBoi consists of two parts: a padlock and a key.
A padlock is a special sign that a player may attach to a lockable block. Lockable blocks include chests, barrels, doors (wood and iron), trapdoors (wood and iron), and gates. Each padlock supports only one key at a time.
A key is an item that can unlock the padlock. Any item or block may become a key. Keys may be used to open many doors, chests, etc.
Creating a key
- Place any item you want to make into a key in your main hand.
- In chat, type and run "/key create" without the quotes.
- Your new keys should now have added lore stating it is a key.
Other Note: You cannot have two unique keys made by you of the same item type and same name. For example, if you do /key create on two different sticks with no name, they will be the same key. If you want a different key, you will need to set a custom name on the item with an anvil, or find a different item to make a key out of.
Creating a padlock
- Attach a sign to a lockable block.
- On the first line, type "[key]" without the quotes.
- Place a key in your main hand and use it (right-click) on the padlock sign.
Important padlock notes:
- Blocks with Lockette AKA [Private] signs attached can be opened if there is a KeyBoi sign, so do one or the other.
- Padlocks will not protect chests in the wilderness!
- Be weary of what you store in a Keyboi chest! Anyone with a key can open it!
Changing keys on a padlock
- Remove the current padlock sign.
- Follow the steps to make a new padlock sign.
Removing key information from an itemIf you decide to remove key data from an item, hold the key in your main hand and type and run "/key remove". If the key you are holding was made by someone else, you will get a warning message and have to type the command again. Be careful, this process cannot be undone!
List of commands
- /key - show all KeyBoi commands
- /key create - creates a stack of items into keys
- /key remove - removes key data from a key item
- /key tutorial - shows steps on how to use KeyBoi
Current known issues
- Lockable blocks may only have one usable padlock at any given time. If you were to place a second or third padlock on the block, the key it will expect may be unknown.
- Opening iron doors and iron trapdoors with a written book key may open the book itself, but the door/trapdoor will still open.
If you would like to see KeyBoi in action, go to the Town of Shinkyo (/t spawn Shinkyo) and turn left.
Last edited by a moderator: