Under Review Ninjacreeper14 Staff Application the Squeakquel

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Ninjacreeper14, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Ninjacreeper14

Ratings:
    +100
    What is your Minecraft username?
    My username is Ninjacreeper14. I have not changed it and I never will.
    https://namemc.com/profile/Ninjacreeper14.1

What is your age and timezone?
    I am 18 years old. My timezone is CST (GMT -5).

How long have you played on our servers?
    I have played on Ruinscraft for at least three years.

In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I have helped players on MCAtlas by helping to familiarize them with how the server works. Many new players are always confused with why you cannot
    /tpa and others are always asking how to get rich. I enjoy answering these questions for them because it helps provide a much smoother experience with the server.

I have helped players on plots mainly with world edit. The free w/e on mcplots is one of the best parts of the server, and it is the main reason why I even found Ruinscraft in the first place. Over the years I have mastered the plugin along with all of its tedious commands. I have many players who find it difficult to create a hollow sphere or replace one block with another. I also teach many shortcuts w/e offers such as using //set hand to set down the block you are holding in your hand.

I have helped out the community in general by being very active on the discord and forums. I enjoy reading all of the threads and comments from the community and I enjoy interacting with everyone. I enjoy answering questions about certain channels as well as giving feedback on things players have made. I help players out by directing them to the proper discord/forum channel they are looking for, as well as describing the purpose of that section.

In what ways would you improve the server?

Starter Kits: Whenever a new player joins the server they plague the chat with one persisting question: "Can somebody pleeeaaassee give me food? I'm gonna starve!" This same question gets repeated over and over again and it floods the chat when coming from multiple new players. I propose that we add a starter kit to MCAtlas that gives new players 16 steak. The command would be /kit food. This would eliminate the need for new players to beg for food. It also makes starting out on the server a lot easier as new players don't need to worry about food as they gather materials. On kamiheartlemon's staff application, they had the fantastic idea of adding a starter book to MCAtlas. We could use these starter kits to distribute these starter books to new players. The command would be /kit info. It would put the MCAtlas information book into the player's inventory. Keep in mind, these kits should only be limited to being executed only once by each player. We don't want regular players constantly relying on the food kit for steak.

New Vote Awards: Well, it's about that time. Receiving a shulker shell in voting has become quite a disappointment. Every since the end update, shulkers are very easy to come by so they are not worth keeping as a vote reward. Instead, allow me to propose my own ideas for new vote awards:
    - 16 lilypads: A rare item that I do not believe spawns naturally on the map. These would be very useful for building and would be very valuable in the market because they can only be obtained through voting.
    - 64 gunpowder: Gunpowder is in high demand as many players are looking to craft rockets for their elytra journies.
    - Random max lvl enchant: This would give you an enchanted book with a random max level enchantment. You could win something epic like Sharpness 5, or maybe something less epic like knockback 2.
    - Unlock random powder: this reward gives the player a random song powder that they have not unlocked. This prize would be VERY rare, like the 200 gold blocks, because powders are awesome.

Better Gold Depositing: It would be very useful and efficient to incorporate the depositing and withdrawal of gold blocks from the bank. The command /t withdraw 50B would withdraw 450 gold and put it into your inventory as 50 gold blocks. This would be very efficient for trading as it is very time consuming to convert all your ingots into blocks. Conversely, you can also take gold blocks in your inventory and directly deposit them into your bank without needing to turn them into ingots first. Another cool feature would be when you do /res, it would return the amount of gold you have in your inventory based on how many gold blocks you have. If I put 64 gold blocks in my inventory and type /res, it will say I have 0 gold. However, with this new addition the new value would be 576 gold. This is simply a quality of life change that can make trading and transporting gold a lot easier.

Do you have any previous experience as staff on other servers?
    I am the admin and manager of a discord server for my school. We manage everyone's class roles and keep all of the content clean and organized for those who rely on our server for information about classes. I also moderate the chat rooms often to make sure topics discussed in the server stay school-related. The server is used by students from all grades, freshman to senior, so it is important that we keep all of the content on our server moderated efficiently and effectively.

Why should we choose you over anyone else?

Always available: In my last staff application I mentioned that I would always be available, but I never mentioned what I would do to make myself more available. The app Minechat and apps similar are very useful for moderation. In fact, Minechat was created for the purpose of making server moderation more accessible. Let's say someone is spamming on MCAtlas, but I am working and I cannot get to my computer. I can literally use my phone to log on to the server and type any command I need to mute the spammer. Accessing the server, anywhere, at any time, at any place, FROM MY PHONE??? Being available has never been so easy. I spend most of my day on Discord so I am constantly reading through the #reports channel. I can be there when the players need me because I am able to and it is easy.

Persistent: I'm going to be honest here; I am currently on a break from the server. I have left because I need to prepare for my SAT in September. After that I have the rest of the year to goof off on Ruinscraft. The reason why I am submitting this application now during my inactivity is because I have spent all summer improving my interactions with everyone and being a more prominent member of the community. I want to see how it is received now after all of this. My previous staff application got rejected because I needed to be more active in chat and on the discord/forums. I've spent all summer chatting with people, vibing in voice rooms, providing help and extra tips, and overall being as positive as I can be. I am always looking for a chance to improve myself and keep pushing forward. I understand that when a staff application is submitted it is customary for staff to examine how the applicant interacts and treats others on the server. I want to make up for my absence from MCAtlas/MCPlots and instead focus on being more active on the Discord and forums for the time being.

Play time: I play on the server a lot. I've put in many hours on both MCAtlas and MCPlots. I am a very dedicated player who enjoys this community a lot. I mean, would I really fish for 40 hours if I didn't enjoy logging on? :)

Personality / Moderation Approach: I am generally very nice and welcoming to new players. I enjoy asking new players about how they found MCAtlas. I like to help players out when I can. When it comes to fights and arguments, I don't like to immediately warn those involved. It usually makes the perpetrators angrier despite the fact that they are in the wrong. I take the time to explain the rule they are breaking so they have a chance to stop what they are doing. If they persist with the rule breaking then disciplinary action will be taken of course. I believe it is important to talk things out with the community instead of simply muting them and hoping the problem solves itself.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application! Please leave any feedback you have down below!

#1 Ninjacreeper14, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tombonie

Tombonie Member

Ratings:
    +133
    This staff app is good, I really like how you are being unique in a lot of your answers and not just regurgitating everything every staff app ever has said.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. _coolbird

_coolbird Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +642
    I do not believe you are 18 years of age.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tombonie

Tombonie Member

Ratings:
    +133
    i thought he was like 11, ninjacreeeper name, and laughing crying emoji skin, but i heard before this that he was a lot older

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. _coolbird

Ratings:
    +642
    He will VC or i do not belive,

6. Ninjacreeper14

Ratings:
    +100
    I first created my minecraft account in 2013 when I was 11 years old. I haven't changed my username ever so yeah

#6 Ninjacreeper14, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. _coolbird

Ratings:
    +642
    VC or i do not believe.

8. Ieclen

Ieclen Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +612
    I literally have 0 complaints why are the recent apples so good omg omg omg ogmgomgogmgogm
    yeah
    i seriously dont know what to say besides like suggestions
    you can try putting more experiences in your 6th paragraph
    such as any real life clubs or stuff you manage for example i am apart of my school's 'Band Command' which helps people with band

conclusion
    I know what you probably are thinking; "I want advice not flattery when will someone give me advice?" There is a point where your application is good enough that you should no longer focus on it. I think what you need to do is now focus on building your reputation. Not as a mini-mod or whatever just y'know becoming someone recognizable and respectable within the server. Good luck man, I know we aren't the best of friends but I hope you can achieve this :)

-iecl out

#8 Ieclen, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  9. Crowblers

Crowblers Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Ah, another great staff app. Some very good ideas of what they could add to MCATLAS.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. VampZmain

VampZmain Member

Ratings:
    +138
    Great staff app and well thought out.
    You also treat people well on the server.
    Wishing you the best to get accepted. xx

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. _coolbird

Ratings:
    +642
    Dogbat moment.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hafixion

Hafixion Member

Ratings:
    +237
    dogbat moment

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +124
    Dogbat scum

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Zoppio

Zoppio Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +1,218
    the questions are mega chonk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ninjacreeper14

Ratings:
    +100
    b i g q u e s t i o n

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Malyesa

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +131
    Yo, this is pretty good! Not sure about the ideas section - though they're pretty unique and doable they don't have that wow factor :P. I know I quit the server (opened up forums because I was sent another thread and saw this worthwhile one :D ), but I never really felt like you were active in chat, went out of your way to help others, or acted 18 (not questioning your age, though). Of course this could just be an impression of mine, I'm not the whole server.

Overall, best of luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Emperyia

Emperyia Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +344
    i pay you 20 dollar and you didn’t crash server rite.....WAST OF MONY NEVR PAYIGN AGAIN.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Ninjacreeper14

Ratings:
    +100
    Hey Maly! Thank you for the feedback!
    I want to focus in on some ideas that act more as quality of life changes, stuff that makes a new or old player's experience on the server a little bit better. I also want to suggest something that wouldn't be impossible to code lol. While a flashy idea is definitely exciting, the theory and programming behind implementing them could be quite complicated. Of course, I'm not a coding genius so wouldn't even know where to start.

Back when I submitted my first application, I really didn't make any effort to chat or help others. I've been doing my best to improve myself in those aspects over the summer.

#18 Ninjacreeper14, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. mijo6000

mijo6000 Member

Ratings:
    +124
    Your a noob

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Tombonie

Tombonie Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Your noob

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  • About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft, LLC is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft, LLC. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.