Rejected My staff application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by tironMC, Jun 9, 2019.

1. tironMC

tironMC New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    1) What is your Minecraft username?
    tironMC

2) What is your age and timezone (GMT format preferred)?

Age 12 Timezone: Britain

3) How long have you played here on Ruinscraft?
    Not too long but this server seems similar to other servers that I have worked for(like the rules and stuff)

4) In what ways have you helped people on the server?
    I will ban hackers and give people advice.

5) In what ways would you improve the server?
    I will ban hackers and give people advice on where to go and how to improve their ability without abusing staff rank. Also, younger people are into youtube and have better eyesight (no offense) so we can spot things easier.

6) Do you have any previous experience as staff on any other server?
    Yes

7) Why should we choose you over anyone else?
    I will help others on the server and ban hackers and I know what hackers do:
    Killara: HeadSpin
    Auto Soup: Soup from inventory while fighting.
    Speed Hacks: Realy fast
    Ect. Ect.
    Please e-mail me and message me on the ruinscraft website if I am accepted or denied

2. Izer_

Izer_ Frequent Member

Ratings:
    +452
    Looks good, but here're some things I'd recommend changing:
    -VERY IMPORTANT: You mention hacks, like speed and killaura. Hacks are not bannable offenses unless they take away from the experience of others. It's important to know this, especially as a staff member. Also, there is a VIP player feature that allows heavily increased speed without cheating.
    -Some of your answers are in bold, while others are not. A consistent formatting would make your application easier to read.
    -Written on your previous application: ( -You can edit your posts, there's a button for it right below them. Instead of commenting that you made a mistake, you can simply edit your application. ) DO NOT MAKE A NEW APPLICATION JUST TO EDIT IT. There's an edit button.
    -Find out the GMT format of your timezone (GMT +/- [#hrs])
    -Try to specify how long you've been on the server. "Not too long" isn't very helpful.
    -I'd recommend adding more detail to questions 4 and 5. Banning hackers is simply an understatement of what being a staff member means. They monitor chats, make sure the chat is civil, they try to find the fine line between teasing and harassment - it's not just banning hackers.
    -You said you have experience as a staff member. What server? How long? Are you still a staff member there? What rank of staff member were you?
    -Elaborate how you would help in number 7. As previously stated, being a staff member is more than just banning hackers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tironMC

tironMC New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I am so so sorry for all of the mistakes I made. I was nervous.
    Did I ruin it for myself?

4. __north

Moderator Wiki Editor

Ratings:
    +920
    That's ok tiron! Don't be nervous. Next time, you can just press the edit button underneath your application to edit out any mistakes you may realize later. That being said, we only hire applicants who are 13+, so wait until your birthday to reapply. Thanks so much for applying.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tironMC

tironMC New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok, its only a month away

• Like Like x 1
  6. tironMC

tironMC New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Actually no its a week
    Time Flies

• About Ruinscraft

Ruinscraft is a gaming community formed around Minecraft. We host a Minecraft server at mc.ruinscraft.com, come join today!
  • Important Notice

Ruinscraft is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Minecraft or Mojang AB. Minecraft is copyright of Mojang AB. All donations are handled by Ruinscraft. All inquiries should be directed to: [email protected]
  • Twitter

Follow us on Twitter for status updates, news, and more!

• Donate

To help support the future development of Ruinscraft and to earn rewards on our Minecraft servers, you can donate here.